Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Redskins

Santana_Fan

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101807/2009/REG6/chiefs@redskins

Last meeting:

Priest Holmes turned a screen pass into a 60-yard touchdown catch to lead the Chiefs past the Redskins, 28-21, in Week 6 of the 2005 season.

Streaks:

The Chiefs have dominated this matchup, owning a 6-1 overall series edge.

Last week:

Carolina got its first victory of the season by rallying past Washington, 20-17. ... The Chiefs forced overtime with a late touchdown, but lost in the extra session, 26-20, when Miles Austin scored the winning touchdown for the Cowboys.

Keep your eye on ...

The effectiveness of Washington's offensive line: The Redskins already lost starting right guard Randy Thomas to a season-ending injury and now they will be without Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels Sunday due to a neck injury. Mike Williams -- who has not started a game since 2005 until last week -- steps in at right tackle and Stephon Heyer moves to the left side.

Jim Zorn's handle on his team: With questions coming every week about Zorn's job security, this is a difficult time for the second-year Redskins coach. Though players have publicly supported him thus far, he needs to start winning quickly, or the turmoil surrounding the team could spiral out of control.

Glenn Dorsey's coming out party: Kansas City took Dorsey with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft expecting he would be a difference-maker on the defensive line. In 21 career starts, however, Dorsey has just one sack. He may never get a better chance to put up some numbers than he will against the Redskins and their banged up offensive line this Sunday.

Did you know?

Chiefs LB Mike Vrabel recorded his 11th career touchdown catch last week. ... Kansas City QB Matt Cassel is going for his fourth straight game with two touchdown passes. ... When RB Clinton Portis rushes for 100-plus yards, his teams are 33-10. Redskins WR Santana Moss is averaging 15.3 yards per catch since 2001, which is the highest mark among active receivers (minimum 450 receptions).

You know whats funny? KC has allowed 17 sacks this year (4 more than the Skins have allowed) and they avg fewer yards per carry then us, yet they've managed to score 20 points in a game this year!!!

When will you people realize that its not only the line, but it's Campbell and Zorn. Yes we'd be better if we had the Giants o-line, but we wouldn't be a threat to win the division because our QB and playcaller are not able to score points. There is not evidence that suggests otherwise. The last time the SKins scored 30 was in 2007 and that was with Collins starting! Campbell hasn't put up 30 offensive pts since 2006!

Did you really have to vent in this thread of all places? :doh:

You know whats funny? KC has allowed 17 sacks this year (4 more than the Skins have allowed) and they avg fewer yards per carry then us, yet they've managed to score 20 points in a game this year!!!

When will you people realize that its not only the line, but it's Campbell and Zorn. Yes we'd be better if we had the Giants o-line, but we wouldn't be a threat to win the division because our QB and playcaller are not able to score points. There is not evidence that suggests otherwise. The last time the SKins scored 30 was in 2007 and that was with Collins starting! Campbell hasn't put up 30 offensive pts since 2006!

Did you really have to vent in this thread of all places? :doh:

Chiefs related so where else? I'm pointing out that they have many of the same issues we do but to a worse degree yet they manage to score more than us. Where else then a Chiefs related thread?? And I don't consider it venting. I just consider it making people aware of the flaws on the roster aise from the o-line. If you read the board or listened to the fans you would think we're 2 good lineman away from a Superbowl when we're not because of our terrible QB and HC situation.

Not to mention that Cassel is already more than halfway to JC's single season best for passing TD's. After three games, on a new team, that sucks, has no running game, and whose line is ****ed up.

And Cassel is not even that good.

Not to mention that Cassel is already more than halfway to JC's single season best for passing TD's. After three games, on a new team, that sucks, has no running game, and whose line is ****ed up.

And Cassel is not even that good.

Couldn't agree more, but if you listen to the geniuses who want to boycott here, they think the answer is improving the o-line and anything else is blasphemy....The bottom line is we need help on the o-line, QB, and Coach....I dont care what order its fixed in but all three need to be addressed and I'm amazed at the free pass JC gets in this town.

Everybody seems to think the Chefs will be a pushover. Didn't Dallas just squeek past them last week?

Not everybody, after the last couple games I don't see any way we beat KC. They have actually been playing football, making a game of it even in losing efforts. The Skins can't say that.

If you read the board or listened to the fans you would think we're 2 good lineman away from a Superbowl when we're not because of our terrible QB and HC situation.

If we had the NYG OL Oldfan would have started a thread called "what if we had the Cowboys OL", because we'd still be losing games.

Everybody seems to think the Chefs will be a pushover. Didn't Dallas just squeek past them last week?

the chiefs only moved the ball on the last drive. 10 of their points came off turnovers inside the 20 yard line. dallas had 200 more yards than them with 3 dropped td passes. washington should win easily unless they lose the turnover battle by 2+.

If the Skins can:

1. Actually run the ball effectively.
  2. Protect JC enough for him to get around 200 yds passing.
  3. Bring some pressure (and a sack or two) on Cassel.
  4. Tackle consistently.

Maybe they can squeak out a 3-4 point victory. I think those are reasonable "if's" all things considered.

I did say maybe,...............just clarifying.

Great points thanks for sharing...I think you are right this really does show it's not just the Offensive line.

I don't know where else to ask this, sorry. But a lot of teams have been doing the throwback uniforms here lately. Are we scheduled to wear throwbacks in this game, or any time soon? I bet if the Skins wear throwbacks and play well, they'll keep wearing them the rest of the year.

I don't know where else to ask this, sorry. But a lot of teams have been doing the throwback uniforms here lately. Are we scheduled to wear throwbacks in this game, or any time soon? I bet if the Skins wear throwbacks and play well, they'll keep wearing them the rest of the year.

The teams that have been wearing throwbacks for the most part are the 50th anni teams. I doubt the Skins wear throwbacks this year. If they do, I'd prefer the 75th ones. So fresh.

When will you people realize that its not only the line, but it's Campbell and Zorn.

I have learned trust me, as long as JC leads this team, I don't expect anymore wins against any team.

the chiefs only moved the ball on the last drive. 10 of their points came off turnovers inside the 20 yard line. dallas had 200 more yards than them with 3 dropped td passes. washington should win easily unless they lose the turnover battle by 2+.

And 14 of our pts came when our D got us the ball inside the 10....

The teams that have been wearing throwbacks for the most part are the 50th anni teams. I doubt the Skins wear throwbacks this year. If they do, I'd prefer the 75th ones. So fresh.

75th ann. ones are the best. I'd like to see for once one of our players wear a dark or colored visor.

Too true.

Heck, outside of last week and maybe 25 percent of the Tampa Bay game, JC has been fairly well-protected.

Lots of QBs are getting pressured more.

But whatever. I think we all know there is no way in hell JC is back next season so these kind of debates are finally going to end.

Archived