Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Dorsey is on the market. Should the Skins make a move?

penteboss

He doesn't play OL...

I'm just sayin'...

We have a lot of needs on this team. Griffin is getting older and is never healthy, and it looks like we're getting rid of Monty. We definitely need a DT. If we could get Dorsey for Monty and a 7, we would be younger and deeper on the DL.

Merriman looks to have lost "it" at this point, and is a huge headache. The last this this D needs is another big ego with mediocre production. We would be blasted if we brought Merriman here and he didn't produce.

We have a lot of needs on this team. Griffin is getting older and is never healthy, and it looks like we're getting rid of Monty. We definitely need a DT. If we could get Dorsey for Monty and a 7, we would be younger and deeper on the DL.

Merriman looks to have lost "it" at this point, and is a huge headache. The last this this D needs is another big ego with mediocre production. We would be blasted if we brought Merriman here and he didn't produce.

Great, so lets continue to ignore the offensive line in an attempt to upgrade EVERY other position like we've been doing for years!

Let's trade picks for Derrick Johnson, Roscoe Parrish and Glenn Dorsey. Perhaps we can even trade some picks for Brady Quinn!

And we all know we should have traded picks for Braylon Edwards.

That would give us a championship!

Oh wait, we'd still have D'Anthony Batiste starting on our offense line.

Enough with the "We have other holes" stuff. We have HUGE holes on the OL. Bigger than any other position besides maybe QB. And unless you get an ELITE QB, the OL is much more important.

We need to get younger and better on the O-Line. Heyer is probably not going to cut it long term and Rhinehart has barely made the active list.

We are paying for the "we want it right now, microwave" attitude that he pervaded this organization for years. Let's trade away the future for vets on the downside of their career rather than build from the draft and select, solid trades.

You all realize we'd take on his contract in a trade too, right?
I dont really know much about contracts, but according to the link the the original post his contract is not absurd at all.

for those of you that know a lot of contracts and finances here what rotoworld.com says....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4661

It's amazing how few people actually get that.

I'm very aware that is the Skins' main problem, but with not many free agents on the market right now, and not much of a 2010 free agent OL class (yes there is the jahri evans and marcus mcneil but I can guarantee they'll get contracts before they get the chance to test FA waters) I think it would be best to just draft new lineman.

I think it's good oppotunity to get younger and more talented on an aging dline. Also... Golson, Alexander, and Monty are in contract years. So even some of our younger DTs may not be with washington next year.

i dont want Dorsey, but i especially dont want Merriman

in case no one has noticed, the dude is playing like absolute garbage this year after talking big in the offseason and coming off a horrible injury.

i can honestly say that signing Merriman might be the only thing that would piss me off more than trading draft picks for Brady Quinn, as crazy as that sounds.

I think some of you people banging the drums for the OLine should look at this from a long-term perspective. It is unlikely we are going to be competitive next year with the FA class this year being restricted FAs. Thus, we have 2 years to fix the OLine. So, if we took someone like Ndamakong Suh or Gerald McCoy in the draft (and it is not over a potential franchise QB like Jake Locker) I will be happy, because we took the BPA and are setting our DLine up to be the core of a top 5 D when we are competitive in 2 years or so.

Again, some of you people who keep clamoring for OLinemen should maybe do some research on this draft and realize that there are really no OLinemen worth taking in the top 10 and, if we were to take a single one of them, even Okung, it would be a reach. If you did your research, you would know that this OLine class is deep and we can get some decent OLinemen in the 2nd round and later.

I think some of you people banging the drums for the OLine should look at this from a long-term perspective. It is unlikely we are going to be competitive next year with the FA class this year being restricted FAs. Thus, we have 2 years to fix the OLine. So, if we took someone like Ndamakong Suh or Gerald McCoy in the draft (and it is not over a potential franchise QB like Jake Locker) I will be happy, because we took the BPA and are setting our DLine up to be the core of a top 5 D when we are competitive in 2 years or so.

Again, some of you people who keep clamoring for OLinemen should maybe do some research on this draft and realize that there are really no OLinemen worth taking in the top 10 and, if we were to take a single one of them, even Okung, it would be a reach. If you did your research, you would know that this OLine class is deep and we can get some decent OLinemen in the 2nd round and later.

The current problem is that the defense is on the field too long. By not adding anything to the offense that only worsens the problem. We should go QB or O-Line in the first round nothing else.

Archived