Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorns Monday Presser: "Happy to see redskins nation support us in Caroline"

purbeast

I clicked on the link to get a recap. But it is yet another bashing thread. :doh:

he didn't say much except they have to keep looking at film, keep working hard, getting to know Sherm, that he knew the refs made the right call w/ Westbrook shoved into ARE- but that its his duty to try and challenge it.

that's about it.

Well, of course there will be a lot of fans in Charlotte for the game.

Hey coach, he didn't catch any so don't mistake what you heard as Coooooley...those were the same things you have been hearing at home.

But, I for one, am not booing you as much as the front office. You are not prepared to be a head coach and you don't have the tools to suceed, namely a competent front office. Hopefully your career will take an upswing with a coordinator job somewhere.

If would have won more games the stadium could have been packed with skin fans. Redskins used to control the south. Carolina, Tennessee, and atlanta were huge supporters and there is still a huge following but I will probably never see the true force that is Redskins nation. Sigh..

As much as I wanted to like Zorn as a coach, I know he is not the answer; however there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the fans. Gibbs did it all the time. Starting back in Gibbs I. Perhaps how he says it or saying it in lieu of talking about difficulties, etc. That's another. But mentioning and acknowledging them.. that was one of the things that made Gibbs popular even when he started 0-5 in his first tenure. He ALWAYS acknowledged the fans. Even then as a rookie head coach.

Anyway.. don't knock him for doing something his predecessor did... knock him for not having answers; not doing a good job; who knows. But acknowledgement of the fan base is important. I did not see this.. so as mentioned.. if he said it in a giddy way or you can tell it was more of a second thought or something just thrown in... okay. But don't knock the statement itself.

Zorn talked about the fans,

Zorn talked about the injuries,

Zorn talked about replacement of the injured, Zorn was questioned on how he is going to have a RUN game when he lost his front OL players - he said he has to figure it out - that IS his job

Zorn makes all the calls,

Zorn looks truly BEAT up and EXHAUSTED........ and was told so

Zorn WANTS to be 5-0; but we aren't.......and HE takes ALL the blame on himself - HE makes the calls for the plays.

Zorn did NOT think he wasted a TIME OUT to find out about the punt fubar...........he didn't KNOW......

I was truly suprised to see his conference..........but this is what he said.

You know as fans.......we need to SUPPORT the PLAYERS that ARE playing their hearts out to get a WIN.........it is very obvious to see where the errors are; plus there ARE 50 threads for each error on this board......so, perhaps finding a spot in our hardened hearts of hate.......we might be able to celebrate the players that are trying.

Redskin fan for life...................:dallasuck

good thing vinny has been smart and provided us with plenty of depth along the o-line :doh:

kansas city's first win of the season coming up

oh my god. now im actually thinking of picking the chefs in my pickum league. samuels out means another day of blocking for cooley, and haley is gonna send the dogs full force against us and dare campbell to pickup a blitz.

god sunday is going to SUCK.

As much as I wanted to like Zorn as a coach, I know he is not the answer; however there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the fans. Gibbs did it all the time. Starting back in Gibbs I. Perhaps how he says it or saying it in lieu of talking about difficulties, etc. That's another. But mentioning and acknowledging them.. that was one of the things that made Gibbs popular even when he started 0-5 in his first tenure. He ALWAYS acknowledged the fans. Even then as a rookie head coach.

Anyway.. don't knock him for doing something his predecessor did... knock him for not having answers; not doing a good job; who knows. But acknowledgement of the fan base is important. I did not see this.. so as mentioned.. if he said it in a giddy way or you can tell it was more of a second thought or something just thrown in... okay. But don't knock the statement itself.

The problem is not his acknowledging the fans. The problem is his timing. Acknowleding the fans at that press conference is a little like asking Mrs. Lincoln how the play was.

The problem is not his acknowledging the fans. The problem is his timing. Acknowleding the fans at that press conference is a little like asking Mrs. Lincoln how the play was.

Well - it wasn't that long ago many on this board were bashing Gibbs in the same fashion........and bashing his play calling and stating the game had passed him by and why was he talking about the fans.....etc., etc., etc........

I appreciated Zorn AND Gibbs acknowledging the fans........for there were MANY fans at carolina.

First of all, if you consider Carolina a winless team and at the bottom of the NFL, you don't know football. Secondly, I myself, did not expect to win this game unless Delhomme handed it over to us. Two turnovers led to two touchdowns and we still don't win. We didn't score more points because Carolina's defense is no push over.

First of all, if you consider Carolina a winless team and at the bottom of the NFL, you don't know football. Secondly, I myself, did not expect to win this game unless Delhomme handed it over to us. Two turnovers led to two touchdowns and we still don't win. We didn't score more points because Carolina's defense is no push over.

uumm, i didnt consider them a winless team, they were a winless team. and in previous games allowed 38, 28, and 21 points. i think you're thinking of the panthers team of a different year..

I won't get into the success or failure of Gibbs 2.0 here.

Point is the events I mentioned were during the 2006 season. The one where Gibbs 2.0 took us to 5-11.

Zorn is not saying anything different than Gibbs 2.0 did as seasons slip away.

Yawn. Same old story from you. You hate Gibbs's second tenure even though mostly everyone disagrees with you. Got it. Move on.

:doh:

his team got rocked by a winless team, when they were up by 15 points with a little over 20 minutes left in the game, and he was talking about he was happy to see so many redskins fans in the stands down south.

*sigh*

Their are lots of Skin fans here in Charlotte and the Carolina's.Had a ball at the game till the 4th quarter:D Their were a lot of Skins fans at the game.:dallasuck

Archived