Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we feel sorry for Jim Zorn?

REDALERT

I feel sorry for him, mainly because he wasn't meant to be in this position in the first place. Now he's taking all of this heat, and his reputation is at stake.

And for what? Because Snyder screwed up the coaching search?

I don't blame Zorn one bit for taking the job. He's getting paid big bucks to take on a job that looks like too much for him. I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat. Take the money and run.

yeah if they fire him, that could completely end his coaching career. I hope he rips off some wins!!

Kind of. He wanted to be an OC, but got vaulted to the HC job when no one else wanted the gig. Granted, he took the job, but what would you have done after accepting a job & leaving your old team? Then again, he must not have talked to anyone about this org. If he had, they all would've said steer clear of WASH, OAK, & DAL.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've done a reversal. Watching him on the news yesterday evoked a good bit of sympathy. Mind you, I've lost respect too. The man acted as if he had just had his manhood yanked off him and was forced to say, "Thank you." Zorn ought to have walked after he was neutered like that. I felt really bad for the guy. He just really looks defeated and torn down.

I feel sorry for no one in the organization except a couple people...

1. Vinny Ceratto - you fans need to give the guy some freaking credit and stop bashing him

2. Clinton Portis - Best years of his life wasted on this mess of a team. The man on another team with his talents would be All Pro. He really is that good

3. The entire receiving group - Every single one of these men would be better with a QB who could throw them the ball and are wasted talent here

4. Fletcher - One day brother you'll get the love and respect from your peers you greatly deserve

Guys like Snyder, Zorn, Greg B, Campbell...I have no love for any of them

Flip number one for Zorn and I am in. I just can't put the blame on a guy that was hired to be the OC for the first time in his career and then bumped to HC by the GM, yet let the GM off the hook for the move. Vinny is that you?

No. He should have realized that this was out of his league and not taken the head coaching job.

Oh please. He went into the interview so prepared that our great GM was blown away by his grasp of the situation, remember? What Zorn failed to grasp was how overmatched Vinny was in his job and how that would affect anything he would attempt. He has done alot for Campbell's play, that however can't make up for Campbell's limited ability, the obvious weakness of the OL and the Triple threat of Vinny's amazing Red Zone Draft card.

No one should feel sorry for Zorn. He knew damn well what he was getting in to when he signed on with Vinny and Dan. If he didn't know then it's all his own fault for not doing some due diligence.

Honestly I think Zorn will come out of this fine. He came into a situation the entire NFL knows as difficult. If he walks out like a man and acts with dignity he'll be fine. I think most people will blame Snyder for all of this, not Zorn.

Zorn will be fine. He'll go back to being an assistant coach for QB's and do a great job for some other team with it.

Those of you who say he should have never accepted the job never had a chance at your dream, did you? If someone gives you a shot at your dream job you take it. How few men ever get any opportunity to be a head coach of an NFL team? No, Zorn had to take it and give it his best shot. I don't fault him at all for that. If someone offered me a chance at my ultimate dream I might hesitate a little because of fear, but I'd grab it. Otherwise, I would loathe myself.

Besides, I've done a ton of things that I shouldn't have been able to pull off and was able to make them not only work, but shine. You should never settle.

F-no. He wasted 2 years of our lives while making the team worse. There is no future in this town right now except at WR.

In those 2 years Baltimore rebuilt, Atlanta rebuilt, the Saints rebuilt, Denver rebuilt, San Fran rebuilt into solid teams for the foreseeable future. Thank God the Giants, Dallas and Philly are not much better off for the future than the Skins.

I feel sorry for no one in the organization except a couple people...

1. Vinny Ceratto - you fans need to give the guy some freaking credit and stop bashing him

2. Clinton Portis - Best years of his life wasted on this mess of a team. The man on another team with his talents would be All Pro. He really is that good

3. The entire receiving group - Every single one of these men would be better with a QB who could throw them the ball and are wasted talent here

4. Fletcher - One day brother you'll get the love and respect from your peers you greatly deserve

Guys like Snyder, Zorn, Greg B, Campbell...I have no love for any of them

i feel you bro

If I were him I would have resigned, because been stripped of your play calling duties is the worst thing that can happen to a coach.

I would have told Cerrato **** you, I'm the head coach, I'm calling the plays. Make Cerrato fire you, then you get paid the guaranteed part of your contract. Resign and you don't.

You can't blame the guy for taking a dream job. The problem is somebody with some real football knowledge in this organization should have been able to see that Jim Zorn was not ready to be a head coach, and not offered him the job. If he was the best they could do with the current structure, i.e. guys like Spagnuolo not wanting to come here, this should have told them something.

I dont feel sorry for Zorn. He took this job knowing what he was getting himself into. You get your staff chosen for you, you get your players chosen for you, you work for a ****y organization and you knew that coming in. But hey, this might have been his only chance to ever become a head coach so he had to take it.

He had very little chance to succeed but at least he got to try.

I hope he burns.

I think that's a tad dramatic don't you?

I feel sorry for him as a person. But at the same time, as others have stated, he hit the lottery on this one and will get paid out a ton of money. So I can't feel truely sorry for him. Its not like he's a Catrina victim. Do I think he's in a tuff situation? Hell yea, he's ****ed. But its a hard job, and he should know what comes with this territory.

I feel sorry for Jim Zorn, b/c it is my understanding that he really is a good man off the field, but this is business and business needs to be done.

So yes I feel sorry for him b/c I always feel bad when bad things happen to good people, but clearly he is not the man for the job. Ofcourse I do wish him the best of luck.

Archived