Extremeskins

Is a "TURN Around" possible

lovemaskins

Are the Skins ready for big "D"?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Skins ready for big "D"?

• Yes, absolutely
    • No, not in a long shot

This team is garbage on offense. Playcallng, execution are awful. Our quarterback is barely average, our running back is good but has lost a step, and our o-line is shaky. Our defense will keep us in most games, but our complete ineptitude on offense is going to prevent us from winning any more than 6 games, at most. I've never seen a more inept redskins offense. Jason Campbell is regressing, instead of progressing. We know now that its not the system. It's Campbell. He's a system/coach killer. Zorn is a terrible coach, and he is showing us why nobody gave him an OC or HC job before.

Like I said, if we even had an average offense we could go places. From the top down, we need to start over next season and stop accepting **** for results.

What did Parcells' say, "You are what your record says you are." We're 2-2 whether you like it or not. Jason is our QB. Clinton is our RB. Our coaches are our coaches and unlike some of you, I refuse to gripe and moan and ***** all year. I want to be happy when we DO score. I want to anticipate next Sunday. And the season.

It's freaking footaball season, not the offseason. When football is over I'll look forward to the draft and free agency, but until then I'm gonna root for my SKINS and cherish the games. I'm gonna hope and wish and believe anything is possible, cause I'm a fan.

If you don't wan't to, don't makes no difference to me, but it's amazing how the ones that complain and say everthings lost are the same ones mad as hell on gameday when we don't score and don't win. make up your mind, are you a fan or not. If you are then now as good a time as ever to root them on and believe we can do more than we've been doing. Hell, the players seem, to think so and they're the ones actually banged and bruised tonght. It sure as hell ain't us playing armchair QB and second guessing every throw and call today.

Some of you should be ashamed of your so called fan status. We're gonna go to our jobs tomorrow and talk about it with colleges but we don't wear helmets and pads or make personnel decisions, and don't even have opinions cause we're just fans. But, fans we are and cheering is what we're supposed to do. So next week, I'm gonna cheer hard and hope we go to 3-2 and beat the panthers.

Today had it's ups and down (more downs than ups). Jason looked horrible, so did the offensive line. The receivers didn't try to get open and the play calling was terrible as usual. Portis still looked slow and we couldn't convert on third down. And today we had lots of turnovers which usually are impossible to overcome. Even the gameday thread was full of hate and sarcastic laughter of dissapointment.

However, we did perservere and 'DID' overcome those negatives and got the victory. The boo-birds ceased after the half and Jason led us to victory. The D did much better on third and showed some signs of life. Moss actually got open and Portis was 2 yards shy of 100. Cooley chants chimed (COOOOOOOOOLEY) and most importantly there was love in the air from the fans as we did not boo after the WIN!

So as I'm listening to the post game show in the truck (as I always do, drinking a beer), and the players and coaches seem relieved, sounding magnanimous with a I told u so attitude and I'm thinking..... Could this actually be the turning point. Could they actually be rallying, believing.

I happen to think so. Zorn's team seams to be buying into what he's preaching(whatever that is) hoping to show he's not the problem. Campbell seems to finally understand he can take chances, screw up, and not be penalized and still given the chance to succeed. And succeed he did, he won despite his haters. Moss says "I didn't know what to do after the touchdown" and Clinton finally shows some emotion after the win. Fletcher was IN TEARS during his post game interview after his defensive coordinator's methods are questioned.

Now we've always hated media love and think our skins play better when nobody believes in them, but now I think they feel completely alone because even etheir own fans(US), are booing them after wins. I think all this adversity is making them stronger and willing to fight even harder. Heat refines gold making it more valuable and steel gets stronger. Maybe I'm alone but I think our skins could actually follow suit and improve.

I am a BIG DIE HARD SKIN FAN and love my skins and today even though we played a sorry team, these are the types of games and events that draw a team together, along the same lines as Sean Taylor's death. Unifying them, making them stronger and ultimately better. I see us becoming a family again and I believe. I see the SKINS turning it around, getting it together and showing us what they're really made of and causing us to do what we've always done as SKINS FANS. BELIEVE!!!!!!!:helmet:

It's gonna be hard.

We stumbled, tired and out of breath, over open and gentle and level ground.

Now our schedule starts to tilt upwards and get rocky.

Our team has a lot of work to do.

It's gonna be hard.

We stumbled, tired and out of breath, over open and gentle and level ground.

Now our schedule starts to tilt upwards and get rocky.

Our team has a lot of work to do.

Exactly, it may hard. But it's not impossible. For some reason fans think it's impossible for us to do anything. Seriously, why even watch if there's no hope. I think we can two in a row and if we do then there will be a bunch of people saying more is possible. I just think we as fans should be the first to hop on the bandwagon, not the last. SHEESH

A turn around is possible, but highly unlikely given the way they've played. Being shut out at halftime in back to back weeks is especially troubling. JC is consistently inconsistent, the offense still has no rhythm, and the defense looks like Swiss cheese against the run. Right now it would just be too difficult for this team.

Is it possible? Sure,....it's possible. Likely -- no.

Here's the thing. I honestly think that most of the players on this team are trying they're hardest and leaving it all out there. The effort is there,...Portis was a warrior today. But I just think the team,...OVERALL, is not talented enough. That coupled with the coaching is at the core of the problem.

COMING TOGETHER????

Are you fricking kidding me? Did you see that half-assed pathetic display out there?

Did you hear the boos raining down?

This team looks like GARBAGE.

But we hit one big play and all of the sudden we are "coming together"?

PLEASE. Cut the ****.

You speak the truth. We looked like garbage out there today against a very bad team at home.

we cant score more than 17 points in a game. theres no turnaround becuase we dont get to play garbage teams every week. weve played 3 terrible teams 3 weeks in a row and struggled against every single one of them right down to the wire. were 2-1 over that stretch winning both games by a combined 5 points, both wins coming at home.

theres no turnaround. this offense is what it is.

The Redskins team that played in the 2nd half looked the best so far this season. I am willing to believe we can keep improving.

3rd down D and redzone O are big problems that need to improve, and it started to happen in the 2nd half.

We're 2-2, lots of season left, and the team did better in its problem areas to help them get the win. Go Skins!

Today had it's ups and down (more downs than ups). Jason looked horrible, so did the offensive line. The receivers didn't try to get open and the play calling was terrible as usual. Portis still looked slow and we couldn't convert on third down. And today we had lots of turnovers which usually are impossible to overcome. Even the gameday thread was full of hate and sarcastic laughter of dissapointment.

However, we did perservere and 'DID' overcome those negatives and got the victory. The boo-birds ceased after the half and Jason led us to victory. The D did much better on third and showed some signs of life. Moss actually got open and Portis was 2 yards shy of 100. Cooley chants chimed (COOOOOOOOOLEY) and most importantly there was love in the air from the fans as we did not boo after the WIN!

So as I'm listening to the post game show in the truck (as I always do, drinking a beer), and the players and coaches seem relieved, sounding magnanimous with a I told u so attitude and I'm thinking..... Could this actually be the turning point. Could they actually be rallying, believing.

I happen to think so. Zorn's team seams to be buying into what he's preaching(whatever that is) hoping to show he's not the problem. Campbell seems to finally understand he can take chances, screw up, and not be penalized and still given the chance to succeed. And succeed he did, he won despite his haters. Moss says "I didn't know what to do after the touchdown" and Clinton finally shows some emotion after the win. Fletcher was IN TEARS during his post game interview after his defensive coordinator's methods are questioned.

Now we've always hated media love and think our skins play better when nobody believes in them, but now I think they feel completely alone because even etheir own fans(US), are booing them after wins. I think all this adversity is making them stronger and willing to fight even harder. Heat refines gold making it more valuable and steel gets stronger. Maybe I'm alone but I think our skins could actually follow suit and improve.

I am a BIG DIE HARD SKIN FAN and love my skins and today even though we played a sorry team, these are the types of games and events that draw a team together, along the same lines as Sean Taylor's death. Unifying them, making them stronger and ultimately better. I see us becoming a family again and I believe. I see the SKINS turning it around, getting it together and showing us what they're really made of and causing us to do what we've always done as SKINS FANS. BELIEVE!!!!!!!:helmet:

Giants- 4-0

Eagles- 2-1

Redskins- 2-2

Cowboys- 2-2

I'm just sayin'...

:applause::applause::applause:

Is it possible? Sure,....it's possible. Likely -- no.

Here's the thing. I honestly think that most of the players on this team are trying they're hardest and leaving it all out there. The effort is there,...Portis was a warrior today. But I just think the team,...OVERALL, is not talented enough. That coupled with the coaching is at the core of the problem.

I beg to differ. The core of the problem is the man at the top, Dan Snyder.

Archived