Extremeskins

Is a "TURN Around" possible

lovemaskins

Are the Skins ready for big "D"?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Skins ready for big "D"?

• Yes, absolutely
    • No, not in a long shot

IF the team plays like it did in the 3rd quarter for 4 quarters, they can be competitive against anybody. Seriously. They did all the things a good team does. Granted, it was against a pretty terrible team, but they played well with energy and executed very well.

The question is, will they?

I dunno. Maybe. They have 2 more games they SHOULD win coming up, so they have a chance to get some confidence. They overcame a lot today. I think at some point, they need to play a full 60 minutes of football and see what it feels like.

Here's a bizarre stat for you: in 3 of the 4 games, the Skins have scored 0 points in the first half. (Giants, Lions and Bucs.) In the other game, they scored 0 points in the second half (Rams).

They can't afford to do that if they want to remain competitive against better teams.

The way the defense played in the second half, a turnaround is certainly possible. That looked like the D we expected and one that will keep us in every game and even win a couple for us.

You do know we played the Bucs with a QB that started for the first time this year. It's not like we shut down the Colts in the second half. We shut down a team that had 5 1st downs last week. The Bucs flat out suck and our team sucks. Just not as bad as the Bucs.

if the team plays like it did in the 3rd quarter for 4 quarters, they can be competitive against anybody. Seriously. They did all the things a good team does. Granted, it was against a pretty terrible team, but they played well with energy and executed very well.

The question is, will they?

I dunno. Maybe. They have 2 more games they should win coming up, so they have a chance to get some confidence. They overcame a lot today. I think at some point, they need to play a full 60 minutes of football and see what it feels like.

Here's a bizarre stat for you: In 3 of the 4 games, the skins have scored 0 points in the first half. (giants, lions and bucs.) in the other game, they scored 0 points in the second half (rams).

They can't afford to do that if they want to remain competitive against better teams.

1 2 3 4 T

WAS (0-1) 0 7 3 7 17

NYG (1-0) 3 14 0 6 23

1 2 3 4 t

stl (0-2) 0 7 0 0 7

was (1-1) 3 3 3 0 9

Your point still stands. The stat just is not correct.

Chicago put 48 on the board against Detroit. San Francisco put up 35 on St Louis....so I'm going to say no. Absolutely not, definitely not. This team is right down there with St Louis, Detroit, the Bucs, the Panthers, the Chiefs and the Raiders. We stink!

Yeah it downright sucks that good teams like Bears and 49ers take a :pooh: on the Lions and Rams, whereas the Skins struggle mightily against them. IMO, it comes down to having the right talent that allows one team to take control against another. The Skins right now, don't have a person who can get them that right talent that will allow them to dominate games.

No - the coaching is poor, Campbell looks terrible, too many turnovers are made - we even missed a point-after that could have cost us the game. The talent simply isn't there. In the two games we won, we barely eeked out victories.

Move on.......there's nothing to celebrate.

For some odd reason, I did not fear with JC throwing 3 picks. For some odd reason, I had a feeling the Skins were going to beat the Bucs. I think the long TD throw to Moss was sweet. The spirit of the Redskins awoke and so did the fans. The intensity of offense fueled the defense after that play. I just hope the Skins play a full game and not just 2nd half comebacks. This is the Bucs we're talking about here. We need to take this W and move on. I'll take an ugly W over a L any day. We are now 2-2, tied with the Cowboys.

We were lucky to win this game but if we do turn it around, this is how we are going to win. We need to run the ball 30+ times a game, connect on a few big pass plays and the defense is going to have to live up to its alleged billing as an 'elite d'.

Campbell is way to inconsistent to run a true WCO and throw it 35+ times a game, even intermediate routes, he is just not capable of doing it. I really wanted him to succeed, but his accuracy is way too inconsistent to think he can throw these 7-10 yard underneath routes and sustain drives, that is what kills this team, he cannot deliver consistently on intermediate routes which is a must in WCO. Just accept he is a below average reader of defenses, below average accuracy, and elite level arm strength, get rid of about 70% of the WCO playbook, and run the ball and set up some deep play action stuff that he has to connect on. That will give us the best chance to win IMHO, and if Zorn wants to last past this year he will shred that WCO crap and play alot more to Campbell and the rest of the offenses strengths.

If the Skins can play teams that haven't won a game, at FedEx every week, we'll win by 3pts it seems. Sadly this can't happen.

Quiz of the day: When was the last time any team faced 5 straight opponents with zero wins between them?

Answer: Skins of 2009

What a gift this schedule is but too bad Washington is just as horrible as those teams.

Yeah it downright sucks that good teams like Bears and 49ers take a :pooh: on the Lions and Rams, whereas the Skins struggle mightily against them. IMO, it comes down to having the right talent that allows one team to take control against another. The Skins right now, don't have a person who can get them that right talent that will allow them to dominate games.

Do you know the difference between those teams and ours, they believe in the system. Recently read an article in ESPN the MAG about Singletary, and one of his quotes about his coaching ability was this, (paraphrasing) "it's not the x' and o's that matter, but if I put something on the board, they do it." The philosophies don't have to be genius, but players have to buy in and DO IT. PERIOD.

Every good football team buys into what the coach is selling and regardless if it's good or not. Rex Ryan, Singletary, Coughlin, even Jos McDaniels all have the same thing in common, their teams are buyin into the system and coming together for one common cause. I saw us get to that point today. When guys decide to bleed and sacrifice for one another and the coaching staff, teams start to turn it around and win. The negativity thrown at them from the media and sadly even us the fans has caused the team to unite and I want to be real fan and jump on board now instead of later, cause I'm a DIEHARD. How about you.

Looking at the 2nd half schedule this team will be lucky to win 5 games the way they're playing.

True. Although we do have a few more "easy" games to build up a little confidence before we really get into it. Everyone with the team keeps yammering about how much talent we have. Hopefully, over the next few weeks, we can find a way to use that talent to overcome the glaring problems we have.

What a gift this schedule is but too bad Washington is just as horrible as those teams.

You do realize some of the "bad" teams with the zero wins record are not that really bad. Any bad team can win against the top team on any given Sunday. It's football. Any team is given a 50/50 chance of winning. Look at our losses. We did not get steamrolled by any team yet and I don't expect to happen either. If the good teams take our Skins as a walkover, even better. That's how Skins play better football anyways, when the whole world's against us.

Do you know the difference between those teams and ours, they believe in the system. Recently read an article in ESPN the MAG about Singletary, and one of his quotes about his coaching ability was this, (paraphrasing) "it's not the x' and o's that matter, but if I put something on the board, they do it." The philosophies don't have to be genius, but players have to buy in and DO IT. PERIOD.

Every good football team buys into what the coach is selling and regardless if it's good or not. Rex Ryan, Singletary, Coughlin, even Jos McDaniels all have the same thing in common, their teams are buyin into the system and coming together for one common cause. I saw us get to that point today. When guys decide to bleed and sacrifice for one another and the coaching staff, teams start to turn it around and win. The negativity thrown at them from the media and sadly even us the fans has caused the team to unite and I want to be real fan and jump on board now instead of later, cause I'm a DIEHARD. How about you.

I don't know if this team has bought into Zorn though. Their inconsistency is a clear indication. I'm glad that they shown intensity in the second half the last two weeks, but being shut out in the first half is really problematic. Hopefully Zorn will become the type of coach that guys like Singletary and Coughlin are, but I think it's going to take some time.

Looking at you, we might as well call it quits. :doh: Have some faith, will you?

Exactly, some fans might as well hang it up for the year cause it's absolutely hopeless in DC. How can you claim to be a fan and have no optimism. I know we're not close to Pittsburgh, but they're 1-2 and hell the titans are 0-4. Our 2-2 record is better than 0-4. There is still some hope. I'm not giving up. I did see a team that didn't quit and pulled out a win despite how badly we played. Really bad teams give up. So if our beloved skins didn't give up then why should we give up on them. Just saying.

You do realize some of the "bad" teams with the zero wins record are not that really bad. Any bad team can win against the top team on any given Sunday.

Huh? Why haven't other teams without a win won a game yet? Maybe they're not very good.

Look at our losses. We did not get steamrolled by any team yet and I don't expect to happen either. If the good teams take our Skins as a walkover, even better. That's how Skins play better football anyways, when the whole world's against us.

Trying to justify the Skins as a team that can hang with anyone is laughable. We have two wins, at home, by 3pts each, to winless teams who rank near the bottom in every stat category... and both games were a struggle.

Come on back from Fantasy Island Mr. Rourke. :doh:

Exactly, some fans might as well hang it up for the year cause it's absolutely hopeless in DC. How can you claim to be a fan and have no optimism. I know we're not close to Pittsburgh, but they're 1-2 and hell the titans are 0-4. Our 2-2 record is better than 0-4. There is still some hope. I'm not giving up. I did see a team that didn't quit and pulled out a win despite how badly we played. Really bad teams give up. So if our beloved skins didn't give up then why should we give up on them. Just saying.

...Since when does being pessimistic make you not a fan??

No. Another bad game by the Skins against a terrible team results in another game where the Skins don't score 20 points.

This Skins team is very bad. The offense can't score points, the defense can't stop teams and create turnovers when needed, and the special teams are mediocre at best.

Jason Campbell is a human turnover machine. If the Skins had been playing a good team, the score would have been 24+ to 3 at halftime. He is a decent backup QB, at best, and needs to be replaced.

The defense doesn't get nearly enough turnovers, nor do they put consistent pressure on the opponents QB.

All in all, not good.

Archived