Extremeskins

Is a "TURN Around" possible

lovemaskins

Are the Skins ready for big "D"?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Skins ready for big "D"?

• Yes, absolutely
    • No, not in a long shot

Today had it's ups and down (more downs than ups). Jason looked horrible, so did the offensive line. The receivers didn't try to get open and the play calling was terrible as usual. Portis still looked slow and we couldn't convert on third down. And today we had lots of turnovers which usually are impossible to overcome. Even the gameday thread was full of hate and sarcastic laughter of dissapointment.

However, we did perservere and 'DID' overcome those negatives and got the victory. The boo-birds ceased after the half and Jason led us to victory. The D did much better on third and showed some signs of life. Moss actually got open and Portis was 2 yards shy of 100. Cooley chants chimed (COOOOOOOOOLEY) and most importantly there was love in the air from the fans as we did not boo after the WIN!

So as I'm listening to the post game show in the truck (as I always do, drinking a beer), and the players and coaches seem relieved, sounding magnanimous with a I told u so attitude and I'm thinking..... Could this actually be the turning point. Could they actually be rallying, believing.

I happen to think so. Zorn's team seams to be buying into what he's preaching(whatever that is) hoping to show he's not the problem. Campbell seems to finally understand he can take chances, screw up, and not be penalized and still given the chance to succeed. And succeed he did, he won despite his haters. Moss says "I didn't know what to do after the touchdown" and Clinton finally shows some emotion after the win. Fletcher was IN TEARS during his post game interview after his defensive coordinator's methods are questioned.

Now we've always hated media love and think our skins play better when nobody believes in them, but now I think they feel completely alone because even etheir own fans(US), are booing them after wins. I think all this adversity is making them stronger and willing to fight even harder. Heat refines gold making it more valuable and steel gets stronger. Maybe I'm alone but I think our skins could actually follow suit and improve.

I am a BIG DIE HARD SKIN FAN and love my skins and today even though we played a sorry team, these are the types of games and events that draw a team together, along the same lines as Sean Taylor's death. Unifying them, making them stronger and ultimately better. I see us becoming a family again and I believe. I see the SKINS turning it around, getting it together and showing us what they're really made of and causing us to do what we've always done as SKINS FANS. BELIEVE!!!!!!!:helmet:

I think so too. We've always played better with our backs against the wall and today that's where we were and they gritted it out and came together. Today was the kind of win we needed to build comraderie. I saw that today and this is what I've been waiting for and since I love the skins more than anyone else, I'm will to have a childlike belief in them and believe they're going to keep it going.:helmet:

Yes. I think it's possible. Something happened during half time. The players are showing support for their coach and stand by him. The game wasn't pretty but you never know. Maybe they can build on this.

I disagree, the last time wwe had this type of togetherness we made the playoffs. Now I'm not saying playoffs all of a sudden, but I can see us making a surge and we can only go up. Plus, I think Jason did some growing up today. He's always been afraid to let loose fearing the repercussions, but I think now he see's he has to say 'screw it' and give it his all instead of just tryin not to screw up. He has nothing to lose and realizes that now. I believe we are gonna go far. Mark my words, I may be crazy, but I guess thats what makes me a Diehard Redskins fan.

The fact that ANYONE thinks this team is capable of "turning it around" and being competitive is insane.

We looked like a bottom-dweller, worthless team today.

Big deal. We eeked out a win against a HORRIBLE team with a rookie starting his first game at QB. If their field goal kicker was any good, we would have lost. And we EEEKed out a win against the worst team in football 2 weeks ago. And then last week we lost to a 19-0 team.

We are basically blessed by having the EASIEST schedule I've ever seen. If we were playing any team that was any good, we'd be 0-4.

This is a bottom 5 team that Danny Snyder has fed to us this year. With a joke at QB, a joke coaching staff, and players with no heart.

But.... buy your tickets now because we have a big shiny new toy in Big Albert! Buy them tickets! Buy the jerseys! This team is on the verge!

/vomit

I disagree, the last time wwe had this type of togetherness we made the playoffs. Now I'm not saying playoffs all of a sudden, but I can see us making a surge and we can only go up. Plus, I think Jason did some growing up today. He's always been afraid to let loose fearing the repercussions, but I think now he see's he has to say 'screw it' and give it his all instead of just tryin not to screw up. He has nothing to lose and realizes that now. I believe we are gonna go far. Mark my words, I may be crazy, but I guess thats what makes me a Diehard Redskins fan.

you disagree with me???

This team is not good.

Top to bottom, offense, defense, front office, ownership, talent. You name it and we have problems. Just because we edged (slightly) another poor team does not mean all's well in Redskin Park.

So no a "turn around" is not possible. We can look better, play better, stop making stupid mistakes, etc. But really it will not be a turn around in the sense of becoming a good team. It would be a temporary aberration and disastrous for the long term health of the club. Disastrous because it would encourage the ownership to think we are yet again a few pieces short of being a real NFL power and still more glaring and idiotic actions will be taken in following our prior errors yet again.

This team needs fundamental changes from the top to the bottom. The only thing that might make that happen is a truly hideous season. And I suspect that's what we have in our future.

i dont think so. we dont have the luxury of playing the bucs for the rest of the season

the bucs left points on the table

i hope i'm wrong though

Well we do play the winless Panthers next week and the winless Chiefs after that. We have talent, and the schedule looks like a turnaround is possible. Two wins, and some confidence and we could be in the thick of things. Hey, it could be worse, we could be 0-4, but we're 2-2. After all, isn't this the reason why we love and watch football. A reason to to hope and root as fans, or do we now just find enjoyment in ****ing and complaining.

subscribed for bumpwnage in the month of December...

Anyway, since the WCO's installation always takes awhile, I think they'll start to pick it up later(2nd half of the season. hint, hint). After all, the boatload of new plays they installed in training camp needs to have in-game " test drives", so to speak.

subscribed for bumpwnage in the month of December...

Anyway, since the WCO's installation always takes awhile, I think they'll start to pick it up later(2nd half of the season. hint, hint)..

Yeah, that's the problem. We just haven't learned the WCO yet. Which is why the offense was best the first 7 games of last year and has been crap since then.

Got any more excuses to throw out there?

If it wasn't for the Bucs kicker missing two field goals the score would probably have been 19-16 Bucs. Sooooo a turn around happening??? Nah.

What's that if saying, If if was a fith of liquor or something similar. We're 2-2. With a team seamingly coming together. I am used to my heart jumping outta my chest during games and this year I could care less cause I know we're not together. No hope, no camraderie, no life. But after the game today, I saw it, felt it, still feel it. I'm just trying to share it with the rest of you.

I heard the emotion today in the locker room. You all can be be negative if you, hell don't even watch the games anymore this season. But the point of being a fan is to know our team and if you can't understand a real moral victory when you see one then why root for the skins at all. Why allow yourself to get pissed and irritated. It is the SEASON after all. The reason we all ***** and complain all off season.:helmet:

We're 2-2. With a team seamingly coming together.

COMING TOGETHER????

Are you fricking kidding me? Did you see that half-assed pathetic display out there?

Did you hear the boos raining down?

This team looks like GARBAGE.

But we hit one big play and all of the sudden we are "coming together"?

PLEASE. Cut the ****.

Yeah, that's the problem. We just haven't learned the WCO yet. Which is why the offense was best the first 7 games of last year and has been crap since then.

Got any more excuses to throw out there?

Like the behavior of most humans with regards to various subject matters, trivial or not, this an example of how factual analysis is disregarded with the excuse of 'you're using excuses'.

They got film and figured out Z's limited playbook, plain and simple. And yes, they have to execute better. That can only come in a trial through fire.

What's that if saying, If if was a fith of liquor or something similar. We're 2-2. With a team seamingly coming together. I am used to my heart jumping outta my chest during games and this year I could care less cause I know we're not together. No hope, no camraderie, no life. But after the game today, I saw it, felt it, still feel it. I'm just trying to share it with the rest of you.

I heard the emotion today in the locker room. You all can be be negative if you, hell don't even watch the games anymore this season. But the point of being a fan is to know our team and if you can't understand a real moral victory when you see one then why root for the skins at all. Why allow yourself to get pissed and irritated. It is the SEASON after all. The reason we all ***** and complain all off season.:helmet:

Dude I agree in that the team looked like it had more fire and emotion today. More specifically in the 2nd half. The fact of the matter is this is still a bad football team. When you squeak by a horrible team not once but twice (Rams, Bucs) and get pretty much dominated by a 0-19 team, it doesn't really speak volumes about the team. Also i'm sorry but i'm pretty much over "moral" victories.

If their fricking kicker doesn't miss 2 FGs, we lose to a winless team for the 2nd week in a row. If their kicker doesn't miss 2 kicks, we are 1-3 after losing to a rookie QB for the 2nd week in a row.

But we are coming together?

This kind of acceptance of garbage is what allows Danny to keep up with what he is doing.

If their fricking kicker doesn't miss 2 FGs, we lose to a winless team for the 2nd week in a row. If their kicker doesn't miss 2 kicks, we are 1-3 after losing to a rookie QB for the 2nd week in a row.

But we are coming together?

This kind of acceptance of garbage is what allows Danny to keep up with what he is doing.

For the first time, I can't argue with this poster.

Archived