Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@RickMaese: Horton not starting Sunday

mnb123

i'm all for having the best players on the field and i don't think Blache feels the same way; otherwise, Daniels would not be starting, he is supposed to be "strong" against the run, but he hasn't done much this season at all and his age is showing

also, Orakpo needs to rush the passer every down and not 1 play in 10

Blache has lost his mind. If he thinks that Horton has been playing bad then he is utterly insane. He is the only playmaker we have on defense...Hall would be a playmaker if he would not get beat so much.

If he wants to bench a safety, bench LL.

i'm not sure why people are so upset

I'm upset because i didn't like the message it sent.

I don't agree with benching a player that has been playing well because of the result of 2 plays.

Now if a player isn't following his assignment or putting forth the effort fine.

I have faith in Reed and hope he plays well, i just feel like Horton is getting scape goated on this move.

But, Horton is a tough kid, he'll bounce back.

I don't agree with benching a player that has been playing well because of the result of 2 plays.

Now if a player isn't following his assignment or putting forth the effort fine.

I have faith in Reed and hope he plays well, i just feel like Horton is getting scape goated on this move.

i agree... but we don't know it's the result of 2 plays. reed could just be studying harded and putting in more effort, and now it's translating on the field.

FWIW the way Reed lost his job was horrible. He was sick and was hospitalized and Horton got 2 lucky picks and a fumble recovery and Reed never started again. Thats not sending a great message either.

Love me some Reed.....but this is stupid. We need to bench Landry for his absolute HORRID angles that he takes tackles at. He is the sole reason for the Stephen Jackson long run. It's great that Blache sees how great Orakpo is playing at LB :doh:. This is becoming very frustrating on what the coaches are doing to our team. DC is the football town where talented players come to die. We should be changing our defense to build around the each players skills. Not changing our players to build around the defense. A great example is Clinton Portis. Most talented player I've ever seen run in Denver next to Peterson. Joe Gibbs decided he needed to change Portis into something he was not because he won the superbowl with Riggins. Would love to grab the channel changer, turn the reverse mode on, never made the Champ Bailey trade and watched Mr. Portis absolutely SHATTER records in Denver.

I refuse to believe the coaches aren't able to coach out any of the mistakes they see coming from Horton. Seems to me they're making Horton out to be the sacrificial lamb. Heaven forbid they actually bench players that have big contracts. They might get mad.

I know there are a few people, including myself, that have ACTUALLY NOTICE how Horton has not been playing as well as many think. Doughty has looked really good. Horton has been making some big mistakes.

I'd like to see Landry at SS and Moore at FS

Bingo...I think Horton and Landry were the guys Hall was talking about when he said "some players think they have arrived and haven't done anything in this league".

I think Horton has way more upside but he has been making some mistakes and may be in that Sophomore slump. As much as I've given Doughty a hard time and thought he was slow, couldn't cover, and generally not much skill, he seems to be in the right places lately and has been tackling solidly and playing his butt off. I can't knock that. I heard they will both play a lot but Reed is starting.

I can't believe I left this out too. I was playing Madden last night and the kickoff against the Broncos I laid a hitstick on Gaffney and he coughed up the ball. Best part....Doughty got up, picked it up, and ran 30 yards for a TD. PUT HIM IN THE GAME THIS WEEK!

I know there are a few people, including myself, that have ACTUALLY NOTICE how Horton has not been playing as well as many think. Doughty has looked really good. Horton has been making some big mistakes.

I'd like to see Landry at SS and Moore at FS

I agree.

Love me some Reed.....but this is stupid. We need to bench Landry for his absolute HORRID angles that he takes tackles at. He is the sole reason for the Stephen Jackson long run. It's great that Blache sees how great Orakpo is playing at LB :doh:. This is becoming very frustrating on what the coaches are doing to our team. DC is the football town where talented players come to die. We should be changing our defense to build around the each players skills. Not changing our players to build around the defense. A great example is Clinton Portis. Most talented player I've ever seen run in Denver next to Peterson. Joe Gibbs decided he needed to change Portis into something he was not because he won the superbowl with Riggins. Would love to grab the channel changer, turn the reverse mode on, never made the Champ Bailey trade and watched Mr. Portis absolutely SHATTER records in Denver.

lol like landry was the only one out of position on the stephan jackson run.....bench landry??? and who plays FREE SAFETY??? we dont have a safety fast enough for that position except Landry... cmon get your head in the game sir.....

Archived