Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@RickMaese: Horton not starting Sunday

mnb123

what leads some of you to say "reed is playing lights out"?

Usual ES gospel: someone makes one complimentary statement about a player in one article. It gets repeated a bunch and, like a game of "Telephone", gets exaggerated and repeated more. So before you know it, it is gospel. (For examples of this, see the "JC was the consensus MVP at mid-season last year" claims).

In this instance, I think a coach said something good about Reed. Why on earth we would believe ANYTHING our coaches/FO says is beyond me. In another article I just saw Zorn saying that our running game was "successful" so far this season. You can't believe a DAMN THING these guys say.

But, through the ES-telephone effect, it has become gospel that Reed is looking like the second coming of Sean Taylor.

reed is the better tackler but the guy cannot cover.

if this kid for the bucs can throw at all, horton needs to be out there.

Bad tackling is really hurting us this year. I'm all for putting the better tackler out there against a team whose passer has thrown 4 NFL passes in his life.

I noticed Reed flying to the ball and made a couple plays against the Lions. Him and Fletch seemed like the only 2 guys on defense that actually remembered how to tackle someone.

Not saying Reed is better than Horton, but he definitely played with some heart last weekend, which is more than I can say for some of the other guys.

Two things our team needs in a big way- Solid tackling and HEART. This is a step in the right direction. And 48 is a hard worker, he'll get better from this and get his spot back.

Usual ES gospel: someone makes one complimentary statement about a player in one article. It gets repeated a bunch and, like a game of "Telephone", gets exaggerated and repeated more. So before you know it, it is gospel. (For examples of this, see the "JC was the consensus MVP at mid-season last year" claims).

In this instance, I think a coach said something good about Reed. Why on earth we would believe ANYTHING our coaches/FO says is beyond me. In another article I just saw Zorn saying that our running game was "successful" so far this season. You can't believe a DAMN THING these guys say.

But, through the ES-telephone effect, it has become gospel that Reed is looking like the second coming of Sean Taylor.

:hysterical::hysterical: so true

pretty much. and for the guy that said reed isnt getting burned, hes been playing in the box a ton (at least when ive seen him on the field) so its tough to get burned when youre a saftey and youre not in coverage.

hes terrible in coverage, always has been. hes a great tackler though, thats for sure.

Rick Maese just reported through Twitter that Chris Horton will not be starting at SS on Sunday.

"@RickMaese Just talked to CHorton. He was told he won't be starting Sunday. Likely means Reed Doughty will start at safety for #Redskins"

Hmm. Other than the PI in the Detroit game I thought he was one of the few on our D that was playing great.

This BS, i like Reed.

I've been one of his biggest supporters.

But Horton has been playing well and he's better in coverage then Reed.

Imo smacks of Blache scape goating Horton.

Greg Blache said. "[Horton] had a play with bad eyes and we got a big interference call. We had an instant last week where he wasn’t in a good fit..

Horton got beat on Cover 2, but WHY THE EFF we're we in Cover 2?

The same thing happened in the Rams game:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=300185

Except Horton was there to save the day

Shoot Horton saved the day by forcing a turn-over on what would have been the Ram's go-ahead drive.

How about showing a little support for a player that you (Blache) put in a bad position with your playcall?

Horton did miss Alexander for what would have been no gain, but Horton did slow him down and Alexander makes alot of people miss because Rocky and Landry proceeded to also miss on that same play!

I think i watch the secondary/safety play fairly closely and Horton would be that last guy i bench.

pretty much. and for the guy that said reed isnt getting burned, hes been playing in the box a ton (at least when ive seen him on the field) so its tough to get burned when youre a saftey and youre not in coverage.

hes terrible in coverage, always has been. hes a great tackler though, thats for sure.

And maybe they only plan on keeping him in the box and underneath zone coverage that way he keeps playing like he is and doesnt get torched

He'll most likely be interchanging with Chris anyways, and we'll still see a few big plays out of 48.

this is interesting...i would think that a shakeup of the DL would be the first since they (Daniels and Carter) can't seem to put any pressure on the QB and haven't had much success against the run either

Reed has played well so far but i don't think benching Horton is the answer to the defensive woes...Horton did cause the fumble against the Rams game and deflected the deep ball in the same game

how about Blache moves Orakpo at his natural position

I don't know what game some of y'all watched last week, but Reed was flying all over the place and actually tackling somebody when he got there.

Landry, Horton and Smoot have all taken some pretty bad angles in the first three games -- they come flying in at top speed and totally whiff on the ball carrier time and again.

Doughty is playing fundamentally sound , plugging holes and taking down the guy with the ball.

Archived