concern about Carlos Rogers

Lar0n Landry

Should Zorn be Fired?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zorn be Fired?

• Yes, can him now, at some point soon.
    • Yes, at the end of the season.
    • No, keep him.

The TD was a really good throw. He could have played it better, but it wasnt terrible.

That dropped INT was LOL bad though. A literally hands-less person could have caught that. It hit him in the chest. Unfortunately it doesnt look like that's a problem he's physically able to correct. Oh well.

The TD was a really good throw. He could have played it better, but it wasnt terrible.

That dropped INT was LOL bad though. A literally hands-less person could have caught that. It hit him in the chest. Unfortunately it doesnt look like that's a problem he's physically able to correct. Oh well.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it was just a huge mental error.

By now he's so beat mentally that as soon as he sees a pass coming his way, even if it's right to his chest, he thinks too much and drops it.

He'll make a great read and play on the ball, jumping a route, looking All Pro all the way, then let the pick 6 slip through his hands. His instincts are great right up to the actual catch, then he falls apart.

There's got to be a sports psychologist out there that can help him.

Yeah, it's past the point of being correctable. It's too bad, because often times its a potential pick-6 he drops. A dropped pick-6 is a 14-point swing if the other team scores a TD on the drive. It's a serious problem.

I would expect the water boy to catch the ball if it hit him in the chest.

Carlos is a solid corner, but for CRIPES SAKE CATCH THE DAMN BALL! I don't know how you balance solid play with anti-playmaking ability.

I laughed hard. That's a beautiful way to describe it.

That would have been an easy 6, if he makes that catch.

And if we lose the game - there'd be a lot more fingers pointed at him.

All the idiotic Carlos Rogers supporters obviously don't watch football. Dude gets torched every week and makes no plays. Hall isn't great either but at least he makes plays.

CB has to be high on our priority list this offseason, right after offensive line.

All the idiotic Carlos Rogers supporters obviously don't watch football. Dude gets torched every week and makes no plays. Hall isn't great either but at least he makes plays.

CB has to be high on our priority list this offseason, right after offensive line.

Torched every week??? He gave up a fricken 9 yard td pass which was a perfect pass, almost no corner in the league coulda defended that. His drops do drive me crazy though, but all in all he still is a great cover/tackling corner

Goto love the delusional fans. Carlos Rogers and Dhall are both garbage cause they each gave up TD's already in the season. When can we finally find a shutdown corner who doesn't give up one TD his entire career as a Redskin? Im sick of this garbage. Asante Samuel sucks too because he gave up a TD or 2 so far this season.

The two plays that you guys are mentioning were great catches and throws.

The Bryant Johnson catch, LOS was right there but Johnson had to much size and Stafford gave Johnson a chance, unlike when JC throws those passes.

The pass to Antonio Bryant, LOS was right there in coverage but the pass was perfect.

Sometimes...good offense just beat good defense.

I agree with you completely. Rogers is not going to be a premier cornerback in this league. He is far too inconsistent. In the off season go find a good corner and if he wants to stay with the Skins let him go in on 3rd down to cover their weakest receiver. Do not under any circumstances give him a new contract. Teams will continue to attack him this season. Glad this thread was started today for sure.

I agree with you completely. Rogers is not going to be a premier cornerback in this league. He is far too inconsistent. In the off season go find a good corner and if he wants to stay with the Skins let him go in on 3rd down to cover their weakest receiver. Do not under any circumstances give him a new contract. Teams will continue to attack him this season. Glad this thread was started today for sure.
God, do people even read threads or read anything here before they just make their own new threads or respond to whatever they liked on the last page of a thread?

This thread wasn't even created today, it was from a week ago, and dropping an INT isn't what defines him as being stuck "going in on 3rd down to cover their weakest receiver."

That would have been an easy 6, if he makes that catch.

And if we lose the game - there'd be a lot more fingers pointed at him.

Ignorant fingers, sure.

Because dropping a potential pick 6 would excuse the 3 INTs Campbell threw, including the near game changer in the 4th quarter. :doh:

coming into this game i thought Carlos Rogers was one of the better cover corners in the NFC east if not the entire NFL. but after seeing him get abused by not only Calvin Johsnon but Antonio Bryant as well i am not so sure.

was this just a fluke game for him or are is his coverage skills not as polished as some may have though?

There's only one solution to this. Move the coffee table a little further back and outa the way so you dont trip and knock the burgundy shaded glasses off again!!! I guess you saw the real Carlos today!!!

Archived