concern about Carlos Rogers

Lar0n Landry

Should Zorn be Fired?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zorn be Fired?

• Yes, can him now, at some point soon.
    • Yes, at the end of the season.
    • No, keep him.

Well Merriman looks like he might be finished but you're right, bad pick. The drops ints are absolutely a joke at this point. His dropped int lead to a 10-pt swinog yesterday as we had a clear path with a block or two to score if he held onto the ball.

For all the abuse Hall has taken, he looked pretty good against Calvin Johnson and this past week against Tampa and he does get his hands on the ball. It may not always be pretty but he'll end this season with 6-8 picks.

Anyone who thinks Mr. Rogers is above average, please tell me what you think the Redskins could get for him in a trade (i.e., for another player or for a draft pick).

Dropped picks which are GIFTS (the kind my 8-yr. old could catch) are absolutely I N E X C U S A B L E . As the poster above me mentioned, in yesterday's game, it was a 10-point swing.

Does anyone remember Game 1 this year when he dropped a sure pick against the Giants? They went on and scored a TD, and 6 points was the difference in the score of the game. How about last year against the Steelers (when we were still in the game)? He dropped a sure pick 6.

It may be overstating the obvious, but: Picks kill drives.

Anyone who thinks Mr. Rogers is above average, please tell me what you think the Redskins could get for him in a trade (i.e., for another player or for a draft pick).

Dropped picks which are GIFTS (the kind my 8-yr. old could catch) are absolutely I N E X C U S A B L E . As the poster above me mentioned, in yesterday's game, it was a 10-point swing.

Does anyone remember Game 1 this year when he dropped a sure pick against the Giants? They went on and scored a TD, and 6 points was the difference in the score of the game. How about last year against the Steelers (when we were still in the game)? He dropped a sure pick 6.

It may be overstating the obvious, but: Picks kill drives.

Johnson threw the ball at worse place possible for Rogers, in his HANDS!!!:doh:

I would think Rogers would be playing his ass off and making plays so he can get paid.

Whatever,...excuses, excuses. He stinks.

He was the 9th pick overall in the 2005 draft. Me thinks he was definitely NOT worth that pick.

The Skins passed on DeMarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman - holy hell. :doh:

He's arguably the best corner from that entire draft.

And the Skins play a 4-3 defense, if you didn't know.

Merriman and Ware are 3-4 rushing OLBs.

Coach Jim "I see an upside to a sinkhole" Zorn keeps saying 'its the little things we need to work and correct to get better". Well, Carlos Roger's penchant for dropping sure fire INTs since he started playing here is more than a 'little thing'. It is a major problem that the coaching staff doesn't seem interested in fixing. If someone keeps fumbling the ball, you make that person carry the pigskin 24/7. If Rogers doesn't seem to be able to hold on to INTs, then have everyone on the team (players, coaches, ballboys, trainers, cooks, etc.) throw balls at him 24/7. For each one he drops, he gets fined $100. At the rate he drops balls , he'll be out thousands in no time. But then again, maybe he'll learn a simple basic task of football in the process.....hold on to the darn ball!

coming into this game i thought Carlos Rogers was one of the better cover corners in the NFC east if not the entire NFL. but after seeing him get abused by not only Calvin Johsnon but Antonio Bryant as well i am not so sure.

was this just a fluke game for him or are is his coverage skills not as polished as some may have though?

Abused by Antonio Bryant? What game did you watch?

His coverage skills are fine. You don't put your defense backed up on the 10 yard line to start the game.

There are maybe three corners in the LEAGUE that I would trade Carlos for. He can't catch, but he's an elite man cover corner. I said it. ELITE man cover corner. If you don't agree, you've been missing the games. If he could catch, the dude would be Champ Bailey.

Archived