Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Zorn's Job Security in Jeopardy

#98QBKiller

Seriously how many times do you have to lose games on failure to make 4th and 1s or score at the 1 yard line. that drive and the lions following drive summed up the beginning of our season and may give us a glimpse into whats to come with zorn. i can think of several games stuffed at the 1 against the g men at home... st louis and now this. what a joke we put up 14 points on the LIONS. Clinton Portis half time stats 4 rushes -2 yards...WTF!!! drew brees threw SIX touchdowns without trying in the fourth quarter. Zorn play calling is terrible and can't motivate the team to beat the LIONS!!!! sorry Zorn Time to GO!!!

Jason Campbell reminds me of that family member you wish you weren't related too. He is family so you want him to do good but enough is enough all the ability in the world and can't use it. im so tired of watching him run for 20 yards once a game. USE YOUR LEGS!! he has great mobility but thinks he is a pocket passer just make plays outside the pocket and tuck it when you can. it will limit his interceptions and maximize his big play ability. Mark Sanchez is laughing at campbell and our franchise right now. WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!! THANKS ZORN

I think Zorn's job is still safe until maybe the week before the Iggles? I disagree that we don't have anyone on staff to run this team. Buges, if healthy enough can run this team the rest of this season. IMO, Zorn is trying to do too much to get that Big Bang play. He needs to learn to play the odds and take the points when you can, no matter what the score. It's in your favor to get some sort or momentum when you score, even if it's a FG.

According to the Mort Report which aired before the game, he said I don't speculate on many things but "I believe that if the Skins lose, Zorn could be let go" Mike Golic said that Dan Snyder wants results immediately for his investments.

To me that is the problem, he is running this team like it's stock, buy your players when they're and when you see the value starting to drop, fire you're players and coaches. What happened to Longterm value and maturity, pick and sign your players and let them grow.

This will be a major reason and problem a high profile coach will have and needs to be addressed before signing on with the Redskins. Unless Zorn completely turns this season around, we all know he is fired at the end of the season, it's just a waiting game right now...

As much as I wanted Zorn to succeed here, but he's proven time and time again that he's not too freakin' bright. I don't know what it is about him, but rather than settle for a field goal, he takes the penalty and lets a rookie throw a TD pass on the next play. That had to be one of the most boned headed plays I've ever seen.

I doubt Zorn will make it past week six.

I think we should go after mike holmgren, he runs a west coast offense and has great play calling skills that score pts. We have the talent on the team they just don't believe in zorn. Has anyone noticed clinton portis hasn't been saying much this season, i think its not fun for him anymore with zorn being around. I can relate if you don't like the coach you don't want to play or it is what it is.

No coach worth his salt wants the job with our current structure. No use in calling anybody until you resign to the fact that Vinny must go. Future HOF'r Marty Schottenheimer knew this and despite his knack for not winning the big game is a respected member of the coaching community. Any coach we get, will want full control.

The key, hire the GM first and let him find the coach. I just don't have a list handy of the GM's out there that can pull this team out of the pit of despair.

I would hire Jon Chucky Gruden....dead serious. The man has gotten a raw deal at both of his previous jobs. I have always liked him. Of course, we need a TRUE G.M. to go along with him, or that negates the whole thing...

Agreed a hundred %.

The guy won a Super Bowl in TAMPA. I'd say he knows what he's doing.

At some point Snyder will let Vinny go because he ultimately will not want to take the heat for what is happening to the team.

Zorn will be the first to go and then if a Shanahan or Holmgren is unwilling to work with Vinny then Vinny will be shown the door, no doubt with a nice golden parachute for all those racquetball games he played with DS.

Archived