Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Zorn's Job Security in Jeopardy

#98QBKiller

So who made Rodney Harrison God?

I personally like Campbell, it's not his fault that the OL sucks, it's not his fault that CP is washed up, and it's not his fault that Zorn's playcalling is garbage. Oh wait, it is Jason's fault because Rodney Harrison says so. My bad.

I figured this thread would become derailed into "Campbell Land," but my opinion is that once Zorn goes, so does Campbell.

What coach worth anything is going to guarantee the starting QB job to a guy who has thrown 16 touchdown passes in his last 19 starts? At the very LEAST there better be competition at the position come time for training camp.

And as for all of the excuses as to why he can't score touchdowns... :jerk:

We don't need Shanahan/Holmgren/Cowher/etc we need a young aggressive, offensive-minded coach that's hungry and won't throw his players under the bus like Zorn.

I would hire Jon Chucky Gruden....dead serious. The man has gotten a raw deal at both of his previous jobs. I have always liked him. Of course, we need a TRUE G.M. to go along with him, or that negates the whole thing...

PLEASE not Jon Gruden or Brian Billick!!!!! Dungy or Cowher. That's it! If those two aren't around, then Shannahan. Holmgren will bring the West Coast and our team stinks at that right now. I'd love to see a more open offense: more downfield passing. Thinking pass first; run second. We have talent on this team. It's just not being utilized in the right way.

Our defense is loaded. But do we blitz like we should? Nope! We sit back and get eaten up. NO defense can win that way. THEY must dictate what the offense does. Blache must go, too, IMO. He might be the one to start with if heads start rolling. 9-12 on 3rd down to the lowly Lions is unacceptable for a defense as valuable as ours.

qft

I just don't see anyway we could have an interim coach. Nobody on the current staff would be any good, and there arent any coaches who would be willing to just come in mid season.

I certainly think if this keeps up he gets fired at the end of the year, but I don't see it happening mid season.

Money talks, but not loudly enough for any top tier coach to come work for this miserable owner.

Look how many D-List candidates turned him down last time before he settled for Zorn?

We better pray for Zorn to suddenly get it, because no coach who has ever accomplished anything is EVER going to come work in this organization. The stories that come out about how awful it is to work in Redskins Park are truly amazing - this is a ruined organization that isn't coming back to respectability unless something catastrophic happens to the owner.

Greg Blache should be fired before Jim Zorn. Our defense yielded 274 yards in the first half along with drives of 99, 86, and 74 yards that all ended with points. Not to mention the LIONS were 9 of 12 on third downs and we didn't put any pressure on a rookie QB. With the players we have on defense this is almost criminal.

As far as Zorn is concerned, I think a big step in the right direction would be for him to hand over the play calling to Smith. If Campbell is doing better when he's calling his own plays, that should be a huge red flag.

They need to keep JZ as head coach.

But they darn sure need to find somebody to be an offensive coordinator, and take that job from JZ. And that OC need to be the one calling the plays and dictating which direction this offense should go.

And as for the deffensive coordinator.................well thats for another thread.

This is where Synder plays the "I've learned my lesson!" card. He will say that he learned his lesson when he fired Norv and will let Zorn play out this season. I think it's a shame because if anybody should go mid season it would be Zorn. He has been an Epic failure. I say clean house NOW! Get a head start on next year. Hire a GM and let them evaluate what we have with the remainder of this season.

Archived