Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capitals 09-10 Offseason Thread (Thread Closed; mods please lock)

Sticksboi05

Rankings of medium

1. Fios - Dbutz / JMU guy

2. Comcast - ACW

3. No Cable (Radio) - Ix

LOL - don't you have a friend with cable or Dish?

(Actually, I put DirecTV at a tie with Fios - or slightly ahead just because of the sports)

Comcast sucks though and noone can deny that fact.

Oh im not paying LOL but you can keep your pixelated channels and crappy DVR.. FIOS has had not one issue with either of those since i got it in August ;)
At least we can agree on one thing.

Comcast sucks!

(The Fios DVR kind of sucks too but the HD is great)

Enjoy your crappy picture ACW.

Picture may not be FIOS quality, but it's fine enough. And :wtf: with the DVR? Mine works fine, and I didn't even have to pay to get it upgraded to HD :whoknows:

I've got Comcast and I'm not too excited about it. One question though, maybe you guys will know. Right now it's connected to my TV ( 32in 1080p) with composite cables because that's all I can connect. If I get a Comcast box with HDMI output will the picture be noticeably better or about the same?

Picture may not be FIOS quality, but it's fine enough. And :wtf: with the DVR? Mine works fine, and I didn't even have to pay to get it upgraded to HD :whoknows:

LOL you don't realize that it sucks until you've used a better one.

If nothing else - the amount of storage on it sucks in comparison to other providers. Comcast and Cox both have PQ that is pretty inferior to Fios/DirecTV/Dish and it gets worse as they add channels.

Didn't mean to derail the thread - just find it funny you're always pushing that crappy company. Make the switch!

Anyway, hoping the Caps start the season off with a win tonight - I'll be there Saturday to get my Greenie bobblehead.

I've got Comcast and I'm not too excited about it. One question though, maybe you guys will know. Right now it's connected to my TV ( 32in 1080p) with composite cables because that's all I can connect. If I get a Comcast box with HDMI output will the picture be noticeably better or about the same?

Doubtful you would notice a difference even on a larger screen - but at 32 inches it probably wouldn't improve anything.

You might want to check technical forums to see if the hardware is any different - I know when the newer DirecTV HDDVR's came out there were people saying the PQ was even better than the previous models.

Still doubt it would help much on a 32 inch screen - but maybe the other DVR has other improvements also.

I plugged an HDMI cable into my comcast box and it went from 1080i to 720p. Not sure why?

LOL ours always lagged when fast forwarding and rewinding recorded shows, hit the buttons and it took 10-30 seconds for the dvr to recognize it ... sometimes it even jumped all the way to the beginning or the end of a recorded show when hitting fast forward or rewind... annoying as hell and i changed it out like 10 times over the years LOL Not so with fios so far

And to stay on topic GO CAPS!!! :D

Just saw this on ESPN Insider:

Washington Capitals at Boston Bruins: Usually, the Bruins are among the very last teams to skate on home ice. This year, they open the season with a five-game homestand. They also carry some heavy expectations into the new season. It will be interesting to see if they can pick up where they left off during the regular season last year. Also, I'll be watching winger Marco Sturm, who missed most of last year with a knee injury. Sturm figures to work on a line with top center Marc Savard and power winger Milan Lucic. On the flip side, the first episode of the Alex Ovechkin Experience, Season Five, should be fun. Last year, dealing with the illness of his grandfather, AO got off to an unusually slow start. I have to think he's going to come out flying in Boston. In goal, Caps coach Bruce Boudreau has been quiet about his opening night starter. It will be either Jose Theodore or Semyon Varlamov. Michal Neuvirth was sent back to the team's AHL affiliate in Hershey.

Varly changed the spelling of his name

Its actually the second time he changed his name's spelling. It was initially spelled "Semen". As you can imagine, that had to change. Semin gets enough **** for having a last name that resembles the word, but at least it isn't spelled the exact same way. Then he moved on to "Simeon", and now the correct "Semyon".

Archived