Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's be serious here: Zorn will not be fired

shakinaiken

Who's the dude that hired Zorn? If Snyder was to fire him so early in his coaching tenure it would be an self-admission that Dan has no idea what he's doing when it comes to hiring people. I don't think his ego is willing to make that admission yet.

What is interesting is to see what happens at QB. Skins are 1-2 and to be honest can't see them doing any better than 2-2 in the games before the bye, which would leave us at 3-4. Right now its tough to imagine this team finishing any better than 8-8. Given the way the offense has performed, I think Jason's time is about over. But if you want to put someone different in for the second half of the season, who? Todd isn't the future. Even though Colt didn't look sharp in preseason, would be nice to give him a shot.....but if he's on IR, don't think we can, right?

Well, if Snyder didn't want to give his coach any longer than 1 season and 3 games, he shouldn't have hired someone who had never even been so much as a coordinator. When you hire someone with no experience, you have to be willing to live with the growing pains.

IF Zorn doesn't get the axe, then he had better shake up that offense; Mitchell is a diamond in the rough and should have been inserted into the lineup.

But Zorn cannot keep trying the sweep at the goal line; everyone knows it is coming. BTW, what happened to the pitch sweep? I haven't seen it all year!

The only time they moved the ball effectively was in the last 4 minutes of the game, when it was no huddle; THAT type of mentality and playcalling is what other teams do on a weekly basis, why do the Skins only run it when we're about to lose?

but you have to take into account the predictability of the play... everytime we need a yard, we run left. The lions knew, and reacted accordingly

Im with you.

But remember the days of the hogs where they would joke that they would tell the defense the play when they approached the line.

Im not saying our offensive line is the hogs, but we should be able to get 1 yd anytime, anywhere.

Campbell wont be benched because theres no one better that can replace him... in fact i believe Campbell is the least of our concerns right now

your insane. Campbell has nothing to offer. He's nothing better than a back up. truth is , we have no valid starting QB, and won't until we let someone else get through the growing pains and develope. Campbell has had his chance. And Zorns play calling is terrible at best. This team is not built for this "West coast bullcrap". Sorry.

I'd like to see Zorn's offense run by another QB and maybe even RB by committee.

I don't think we should fire Zorn -- but instead we should allow him authority to handle his players and play whoever he wants. Players who buy into the the WCO concept and can efficiently execute the play, get on the field, while the others don't.

I think QB may be a big issue now. Campbell's stats (341 yards and two TDs) may look good, but the reality of the situation is that I was disappointed how he couldn't step up during crunch time. Classic case of stats vs. game context.

Zorn is aweful. Campbell is mediocre. Vinnie Cerrato should have drafted some offensive lineman. The bottom line is that Daniel Snyder has no idea how to run an NFL franchise. I don't know either, but I do know, Snyder has not done a good job. He is the laughing stock of the NFL and no one wants to coach for him. So like it or not, Zorn is gonna be here.

The funny thing is the biggest reason the Redskins are so consistently mediocre is Snyder's itchy trigger finger when it comes to coach/personnel decisions.

And here we are, frustrated with the mediocrity, urging Snyder to pull the trigger yet again!

The reason the Redskins are mediocre is because, ironically enough, the guy running the team has the typical fans mentality!

As inept, bad, embarrassing, and pathetic as everything was today it comes down to two decisions that rest solely on his shoulders.

1. Going for it on 4th down on the first drive of a road game and subsequently coming away with no points. - 3pts.

2. Zorn takes the penalty on an unsuccessful 3rd down on the Lions second drive, giving them another crack at 3rd down which they turn into 7 in two plays. End result +4 pts. to the Lions assuming the potential 50 yd. FG is made.

In a 19-14 game if you take those four pts. from the Lions and add 3 for us the final score is.......................

17-15 Redskins win.

Worse case scenario, I give you the bonehead fourth down conversion but decline the flag, we're down no more than 3 points on that final drive only needing a FG to potentially tie/win the game.

An absolutely sophomoric call by a completely inept coach who not only doesn't prepare his team to win but is himself in the end an obstacle to victory.

Problem is that this organization is as bad as it gets and no self-respecting GM or coach will touch us with a ten foot pole. Snyder changes or Snyder sells is the only way we compete again.

Buges. He should be the coach and the play caller. He has been a coach in this league. More importantly, he at least has a chance of getting his players to believe they can win. Zorn has clearly done the opposite - his players don't believe in this system, and clearly don't believe they can win.

Buges?

LMAO.

Archived