Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's be serious here: Zorn will not be fired

shakinaiken

i see a lot of people calling for Zorn's head, which is understandable... but firing Zorn right now, would just make things worse. I mean whos going to call plays? Sherman Smith? another guy who has never called plays... Bugel? maybe the fans? anyway just saying, the only thing to do right now, is to grind it out with Zorn, and be optimistic that it will improve.... that and drink heavily

i see a lot of people calling for Zorn's head, which is understandable... but firing Zorn right now, would just make things worse. I mean whos going to call plays? Sherman Smith? another guy who has never called plays... Bugel? maybe the fans? anyway just saying, the only thing to do right now, is to grind it out with Zorn, and be optimistic that it will improve.... that and drink heavily

Agree with drinking heavily.

As for the rest, depends on Snyders self-control. If he doesn't flip out in emotion and fire Zorn today or maybe tomorrow, it won't happen this week. It all depends on his state of mind. Most successful business people have learned not to overreact in a state of emotional volatility.

If this is not the case with Snyder, however, Zorn may already be fired.

Buges. He should be the coach and the play caller. He has been a coach in this league. More importantly, he at least has a chance of getting his players to believe they can win. Zorn has clearly done the opposite - his players don't believe in this system, and clearly don't believe they can win.

We can only wish.

What kind of coach will get HEAVILY scrutinized by everyone he meets after a game for his playcalling... than makes the SAME mistake again?

We should get a 15-yard penalty every time we run left from now on. That's the only way we'll realize that there is a right side of the field.

];6810635']We can only wish.

What kind of coach will get HEAVILY scrutinized by everyone he meets after a game for his playcalling... than makes the SAME mistake again?

We should get a 15-yard penalty every time we run left from now on. That's the only way we'll realize that there is a right side of the field.

I totally agree with you...completely.

HOWEVER to play devils advocate - they run this play in practice. This play is successful for 1yd 99% of the time in practice and offers their highest % of success in this situation. Zorn is crazy to NOT call this play.

Its Zorns job to find out WHY its not working in a real game, not to find a different play per say.

At this point what does it matter. I say not just fire Zorn, but release the whole coaching staff and start anew. Optimism has gotten us to TODAY. And really what else has it gotten you. The only success we've had was with the coach who gave the Redskins it's only success. Kind of sad. So don't ride it out and somehow be mediocre and get a mid draft pick. Gut it and bottom it out and start over.

I totally agree with you...completely.

HOWEVER to play devils advocate - they run this play in practice. This play is successful for 1yd 99% of the time in practice and offers their highest % of success in this situation. Zorn is crazy to NOT call this play.

Its Zorns job to find out WHY its not working in a real game, not to find a different play per say.

but you have to take into account the predictability of the play... everytime we need a yard, we run left. The lions knew, and reacted accordingly

Archived