Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's be serious here: Zorn will not be fired

shakinaiken

As inept, bad, embarrassing, and pathetic as everything was today it comes down to two decisions that rest solely on his shoulders.

1. Going for it on 4th down on the first drive of a road game and subsequently coming away with no points. - 3pts.

2. Zorn takes the penalty on an unsuccessful 3rd down on the Lions second drive, giving them another crack at 3rd down which they turn into 7 in two plays. End result +4 pts. to the Lions assuming the potential 50 yd. FG is made.

In a 19-14 game if you take those four pts. from the Lions and add 3 for us the final score is.......................

17-15 Redskins win.

Worse case scenario, I give you the bonehead fourth down conversion but decline the flag, we're down no more than 3 points on that final drive only needing a FG to potentially tie/win the game.

An absolutely sophomoric call by a completely inept coach who not only doesn't prepare his team to win but is himself in the end an obstacle to victory.

Problem is that this organization is as bad as it gets and no self-respecting GM or coach will touch us with a ten foot pole. Snyder changes or Snyder sells is the only way we compete again.

Rodriggo - Is that Cowher in your sig? That is too friggin' funny. I need a good laugh and about 20 beers right now.

Good post, BTW.

i see a lot of people calling for Zorn's head, which is understandable... but firing Zorn right now, would just make things worse. I mean whos going to call plays? Sherman Smith? another guy who has never called plays... Bugel? maybe the fans? anyway just saying, the only thing to do right now, is to grind it out with Zorn, and be optimistic that it will improve.... that and drink heavily

how could things get worse? whats your definition of rock bottom?

i see a lot of people calling for Zorn's head, which is understandable... but firing Zorn right now, would just make things worse. I mean whos going to call plays? Sherman Smith? another guy who has never called plays... Bugel? maybe the fans? anyway just saying, the only thing to do right now, is to grind it out with Zorn, and be optimistic that it will improve.... that and drink heavily

I don't think he'll be fired after this game, but I think if the futility continues it's possible he won't make the season. Say we're 2-6 after 8 games, for example, it wouldn't shock me. It would set up the drama for next year, that's for sure, and that's something Snyder can't resist.

That said, I feel bad for Zorn. He never should have been hired as head coach and he didn't exactly have a lot to work with. It's just another example of the Redskins not having a clue what they're doing.

Rodriggo - Is that Cowher in your sig? That is too friggin' funny. I need a good laugh and about 20 beers right now.

Good post, BTW.

Yeah it's Cowher churning the Carolina Hurricanes air horn. :)

I guess he's got better things to do.

God I wish he would come here but then again why would he?

zorn probably won't be fired until season's end and then dan has a nice list of coaches to choose from. I think dan planned this a couple of years ago when he hired zorn, he knew a couple of good coaches would be out there (except for shanahan). This will be an easy fire, that will allow him to bring in the first real established coach since Gibbs I. This new coach will bring in an experienced staff that knows how to coach it's players as well as win games. There is no coach on the skins staff currently that can lead this team. period. Not buges (to damn old), not anybody. Dan needs to start putting out feelers right now, so that he won't get burned in the offseason when other teams may need a new head coach.

how could things get worse? whats your definition of rock bottom?

This is rock bottom guys.

Only way this could be worse was if it was at home.

We supposedly have an experienced veteran team with two playoff runs under it's belt yet we went out and lost to a team that was previously 0-19 that has just cleaned house, with a rookie coach, and was being led by a rookie QB in his THIRD game and we lost by FIVE not by three or one but by a TD essentially.

Absolutely rock bottom. The changes necessary to turn this around are multifold, no longer about Cambpell vs. Collins, it's the whole **** thing that's rotten. The season really is done after 3 games and it has nothing to do with W-L but with attitude and professionalism which is not going to change without a change.

The issue is you don't want to yank a coach until he's given a chance. This has been Snyder's problem - he thinks like a fan and he is no way close to being able to build a team. Now generally with the idea being to keep a coach long enough for his ideas to sink in and take effect - well that is a good idea, except for one thing...most coaches have some coordinator/head coach experience so sticking with them makes sense due to their track record. Zorn has no track record. This is not Zorn's fault - this is all Danny Snyder. The guy thinks he is a genius and he has ruined this team...at this point there is no reason to think anything will change...if we hire a GM and an experienced coach we have a chance. Not for this season however, we can begin building for the next few years....Dan Snyder has no one to blame for this situation but himself...the bad drafts, the poor coaching hires, the lack of a GM....this is all on Dan...the ONLY way for the fans to change this is send him a financial message. Boycott a few home games and let Dan know that building a good team has been done before but he must be willing to put his large, fragile ego aside and let someone who knows wht they are doing take over.

This is rock bottom guys.

Only way this could be worse was if it was at home.

We supposedly have an experienced veteran team with two playoff runs under it's belt yet we went out and lost to a team that was previously 0-19 that has just cleaned house, with a rookie coach, and was being led by a rookie QB in his THIRD game and we lost by FIVE not by three or one but by a TD essentially.

Absolutely rock bottom. The changes necessary to turn this around are multifold, no longer about Cambpell vs. Collins, it's the whole **** thing that's rotten. The season really is done after 3 games and it has nothing to do with W-L but with attitude and professionalism which is not going to change without a change.

true this is an all time low... but nothing will improve by firing Zorn, it will just be more mediocrity

Yeah it's Cowher churning the Carolina Hurricanes air horn. :)

I guess he's got better things to do.

God I wish he would come here but then again why would he?

Well, that picture is classic. At this point, I don't think any self-respecting coach would want to come here. Although, Danny is probably so desperate, he'll throw all sorts of money at someone to change their mind.

];6810635']We can only wish.

What kind of coach will get HEAVILY scrutinized by everyone he meets after a game for his playcalling... than makes the SAME mistake again?

We should get a 15-yard penalty every time we run left from now on. That's the only way we'll realize that there is a right side of the field.

LMFAO!:hysterical:

Its just EXTREEEEEEMEskins fans being EXTREEEEEEEEEME.

Hes not getting fired. If he does we're in big big trouble.

Uh yeah. I don't know if you know this, but the Detroit Lions had lost 19 straight. They just mopped the field with us.

If that's not "big big trouble", then we'll never see it.

This team, running with no head coach, couldn't play any worse.

Archived