Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

What was so classic about a Marcus call in was that he called in to ***** about the practice bubble that "hasn't even been started yet" and that evening on Redskins Nation Larry Michael did a report from in front of it and showing it has been completed and a Post article on it with pics the next morning...what a toolbox.

LOL i remember that. Whats also hilarious is Lavar complaining about a fan taking a long time to ask a question and hung up on the fan, yet when they conduct interviews on the show, Lavar takes like an hour to get his questions out.

But Marcus from College Park is way more annoying than Lavar and Chad could ever be. The guy always goes off into some soliloquy metaphor laced tangent that in reality has nothing to do with football or the team. A guy like him cant truly be a fan of the team. I bet he is a Cowboys fan from the area but wont admit it because they will hang up on him.

I'm proud to say that I haven't listened to these clowns (save for a radio station outage or an O's game, and even then....) in about a year. I think when I move out of the area in the next couple of months I will have to reinvest in sirius until I can move back to DC.

I agree that the Junkies are the only show worth listening too. I've been listening to them since I was in middle school (almost 20 years... wow!). And they are an acquired taste and not for everyone.

I think B. Mitch moving to 980 was a solid move. He and Doc Walker have a great show now on inside the locker room. And CK letting Holden and UnWise Mike fight it out for ratings for the mid day spot is even funnier. Just goes to show you how many people are tired of the Fan and the WaPo and their bs.

And Marcus from college park.... I hated him because I could hear his chin moving when he got on his soap box and it drove me crazy.

I honestly don't know how they can even continue the show with the way the team is trending. They probably peaked in '09, when fans just flocked to them because of their "Ant-Snyder" bull****. Unless they were trashing yhe team, they really didn't seem like they had much to offer.

I honestly don't know how they can even continue the show with the way the team is trending. They probably peaked in '09, when fans just flocked to them because of their "Ant-Snyder" bull****. Unless they were trashing yhe team, they really didn't seem like they had much to offer.

I think the newness of the show, coupled with Lavar, interested some fans in 09, but that faded really quick.

The Sports Junkies are the only local show that I can listen to for the entire broadcast. They've got the formula down perfect.

I used to feel this way. But now a days, you are more likely to get an in depth Bachelor review then a review of last nights Nats game.

Outside of Lurch, I don't think any of them watch sports in general anymore. They have become a male radio version of the View.

Well Im so glad this show is back......spending 3 hours on whether RG3 start against Buffalo was as exciting as Strasburg's first start. WHO GIVES A ****?

But of course Marcus from College Park has all the answers while calling from his basement.

I seriously think that he is a paid employee of the fan that calls to agree with Lavar and Chad.

I used to feel this way. But now a days, you are more likely to get an in depth Bachelor review then a review of last nights Nats game.

Outside of Lurch, I don't think any of them watch sports in general anymore. They have become a male radio version of the View.

Agreed every time I listen to them they are talking about non-sense, that has nothing to do with sports. I know they used to be just the Junkies but now they are the Sport Junkies talk some damn sport once in a while. I get pissed off rather quickly with their dumb babble, to be fair it can be funny sometimes but I grow tired of it very quickly. If you are on a Sport Talk radio station attempt to talk some sport.

Agreed every time I listen to them they are talking about non-sense, that has nothing to do with sports. I know they used to be just the Junkies but now they are the Sport Junkies talk some damn sport once in a while. I get pissed off rather quickly with their dumb babble, to be fair it can be funny sometimes but I grow tired of it very quickly. If you are on a Sport Talk radio station attempt to talk some sport.

yeah, they used to be really good at sports talk back in the 90s. They moved to HFS a few years later and were just the "Junkies" and now they are the Sports Junkies again. I like them. It's definitely an entertaining show, but if you want in-depth sports you won't find it there.

I seriously think that he is a paid employee of the fan that calls to agree with Lavar and Chad.

It's an absolute fact that political talk radio shows pay people to call in. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if sports talk did the same. Could definitely see Marcus being a paid caller.

It's an absolute fact that political talk radio shows pay people to call in. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if sports talk did the same. Could definitely see Marcus being a paid caller.

Most definitely you could see Marcus as a paid caller for the fan the way he comes on the air and really has never said anything about Shannahan or th organizaiton at all. Marcus all ways sides with the fan on just about evey issue that he calls about too.

I think it's funny that on DC50, there's a show called "Sportsweek with Lavar and Chad" (that's what it's called on my DirecTV guide anyway) and Chad Dukes isn't on the show. Been rumored (and confirmed by Chad's suspension and Drab being removed from the show for talking **** about Lavar) for awhile that Lavar and Chad can't stand one another.

I think it's funny that on DC50, there's a show called "Sportsweek with Lavar and Chad" (that's what it's called on my DirecTV guide anyway) and Chad Dukes isn't on the show. Been rumored (and confirmed by Chad's suspension and Drab being removed from the show for talking **** about Lavar) for awhile that Lavar and Chad can't stand one another.

I would hate my job if I was Dukes. He brings a lot of hate onto himself (tweeting about WWE during a Cowboys v Redskins MNF game), but most of his job consists of "massaging" Lavar Arrington's huge ego. I'd hate it too.

I never liked Drab, never hated him, but I'm glad he landed with the Junkies. I think he'll find a level of protection there. They are the longest running show on that station and probably the only guys who could tell Lavar to f off and get away with it.

Most definitely you could see Marcus as a paid caller for the fan the way he comes on the air and really has never said anything about Shannahan or th organizaiton at all. Marcus all ways sides with the fan on just about evey issue that he calls about too.

Anyone ever notice how they never ever once ridicule or disagree with that curmudgeon Marcus from College Park? He most definetly is a paid caller as well as that other goon Tim in La Plata who Lavar always calls "coach"

I would hate my job if I was Dukes. He brings a lot of hate onto himself (tweeting about WWE during a Cowboys v Redskins MNF game), but most of his job consists of "massaging" Lavar Arrington's huge ego. I'd hate it too.

I never liked Drab, never hated him, but I'm glad he landed with the Junkies. I think he'll find a level of protection there. They are the longest running show on that station and probably the only guys who could tell Lavar to f off and get away with it.

Chad Dukes is an absolute tool. He's hyper-sensitive and can't stand to be corrected on anything.

Lavar is just dumb.

I've given up on 106.7 for the afternoon drive. Talking over callers, hanging up when someone doesn't agree, etc etc. They are unprofessional and flat out unintelligent about sports. I can see why Lavar had problems memorizing the playbook amongst other things. He's not bright.

As far as the Junkies - you can't expect a lot out of them as far as in-depth discussion about breaking down a Nats game, Skins game, etc. They are more on to the pop-culture scene - with a sprinkle of sports. That formula works for them, seeing that they are really casual fans of our pro teams. I really have no problems with their show and I can take it in bits and pieces.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 03:02 PM ----------

Anyone ever notice how they never ever once ridicule or disagree with that curmudgeon Marcus from College Park? He most definetly is a paid caller as well as that other goon Tim in La Plata who Lavar always calls "coach"

LMAO...Tim in La Plata is always out of breath like he just finished running some gassers. But yea...you're spot on. They NEVER disagree w/ either guy. I wouldn't doubt that they are both affiliated with the station in some capacity.

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively in the middle of someone else's sentences)

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively, once again, in the middle of someone else's sentences)

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively in the middle... Jesus Christ, LaVar, can you shut the **** up for five seconds?)

"GET 'EM"

:doh:

Lavar and Dukes are definitely morons. I listen to them on my way home from work because there's nothing else Redskins related on the radio. That being said, Lavar cracks me the hell up when he says "That's my Child!" talking about Cam Newton and others. That's freakin hilarious to me.

With all this talk of Shanahan creating an offense around RGIII talents and even mimicking Baylor's offense it once again reflects how Chad and Lavar can NEVER see the forest for the trees.

It amazes me how someone who has played football lacks the cognitive abilities to understand it....though.... I guess he was benched for exactly that reason...lack of comprehension.

It also amazes me that a career journalist, with a very simple homework assignment: LEARN TO UNDERSTAND SPORTS!!! Can't grasp information or sports philosophy that most people absorb way before they reach adulthood.....although....he doesn't seem to have cognitive abilities beyond an elementary level.

It's sad. We don't have many options in sports talk radio....and the two guys I'm forced to listen to (dependent on where I am) are far more skilled at discussing hamburgers than sports.

In addition, I agree with the consensus that "Marcus of College Park" is beyond annoying, fairly clueless, and writes down his simpleton thoughts (which is really pathetic and he should be embarrassed at how awful he sounds...sad, really).

not sure if anyone heard them talking to grant paulsen the other day. chads last question for him was something like 'seems like they are trying to work to griffins strengths, so why were the shanahans so rigid with mcnabb, not working to his strengths and trying to make him re-do his footwork, wear a wristband, etc?', chad and lavar have been beating this drum since last year.

paulsen proceeds to tell them basically that they werent really rigid with mcnabb, mcnabb just didnt want to work. but i'm not even sure they caught it. and i'm sure they'll continue to repeat the myth, despite being told they were wrong by someone who might know more than they.

i thought it was pretty funny.

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively in the middle of someone else's sentences)

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively, once again, in the middle of someone else's sentences)

"GET 'EM"

(said repetitively in the middle... Jesus Christ, LaVar, can you shut the **** up for five seconds?)

"GET 'EM"

:doh:

:rotflmao: So true

Archived