Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

After a good while of not listening to the "Fail" I figured I'd give them a listen last week. Both Wise's show and Lavar and Dukes were just full of :pooh:. It's like they just spent the entire day going off of hearsay regarding the Haynesworth test instead of doing some actual research and reporting the news. Then they tried to paint Haynesworth as a victim after an entire day of laughing at him and the impact that this will have on Skins training camp.

I don't mind the show that much... my main problem is they attract the DUMBEST callers - even slower than the average John Thompson show caller. I think if they stopped taking calls, and only had guests (writers, reporters, etc.), the show would be much better.

Steve and Andy's show is so much better, and PROFESSIONAL, than Lavar and Chad's. Plus, Steve and Andy crack me up. When I listen to Lavar talk I honestly feel like I have become dumber because of it. His English is terrible, and his high-horse ranting is played-out.

I actually like Chad Dukes and have nothing against him. It's Lavar's inability to forumlate a coherent sentence that keeps me from listening to their show.

And don't even get me started on the UnWise Mike show. What a terrible format they have on that show. It's un-listenable.

I don't mind Arrington, he has conspiracy theories that I don't agree with and he likes to hear himself talk a little too much. Like when he has a guest and it takes him to 5 minutes to ask one question because he thinks he needs to lead people to the answer... or let people know what he thinks the answer is within his own question.

But he does have some insight and often has some well thought out opinions that I can respect.

Considering the options. I don't know who's worse... Czaban and that douche Andy or Lavar and that douche Chad.

I actually like the show. 980 kinda sugar coats eveything whereas Lavar and Chad tell it like it is to me.

Uh... what?

980 doesn't sugar coat anything... i listen to them every day (to be fair, only the sports fix and the sports reporters - i can't stand the other shows).

What a joke.

The only reason anyone wants him around is for his rolodex.

doesnt matter if thats why they want him around... they want him around because he gets good interviews. Its his job to get good interviews and he gets GREAT interviews. The best on the station. Lavar gets the best interviews on both 106.7 and 980. Good journalists, reporters, talk show host, and yes radio personalities get good interviews. Its part of what makes them good. Lavar has been in the business for a year and he is steadily getting better. You can tell in the effort he puts into correcting himself and his errors/speaking flaws that he is trying to be a better talk show host.

You sound like you still grind an ax over his playing days here. Sorry to hear that.

Great interviews and great quotes from those interviews make news on other stations. lavar gets players to say things they wouldnt say to other reporters. Listen to the Darnell Dockett interview.

you know you listen to his interviews...:silly:

doesnt matter if thats why they want him around... they want him around because he gets good interviews. Its his job to get good interviews and he gets GREAT interviews. The best on the station. Lavar gets the best interviews on both 106.7 and 980. Good journalists, reporters, talk show host, and yes radio personalities get good interviews. Its part of what makes them good. Lavar has been in the business for a year and he is steadily getting better. You can tell in the effort he puts into correcting himself and his errors/speaking flaws that he is trying to be a better talk show host.

You sound like you still grind an ax over his playing days here. Sorry to hear that.

Great interviews and great quotes from those interviews make news on other stations. lavar gets players to say things they wouldnt say to other reporters. Listen to the Darnell Dockett interview.

you know you listen to his interviews...:silly:

he gets great interviewee's - because of his rolodex.

the interviews themselves suck. because lavar sucks at interviewing people.

and no, 980 gets great interviews with great people. they have connections. because the people working there have been in the journalisim business for decades. they're not just talking heads.

You would think someone would find a way or a format to satisfy the sports talk hunger of the area....

I catch myself switching back and forth between the two. Lavar will say something dumb or I just don't have the patients for him to figure out how to say something, I switch over to 980. When the 980 crew gets too comfortable they get boring and I switch over to 106.7.

By the time I get about 1 mile from home I realize that I can't take either and pop in a mix CD. I do this everyday I drive home.

he gets great interviewee's - because of his rolodex.

the interviews themselves suck. because lavar sucks at interviewing people.

and no, 980 gets great interviews with great people. they have connections. because the people working there have been in the journalisim business for decades. they're not just talking heads.

you're a hater. :silly: but not in a bad way. A hater like the Dave Chappelle show skit "The haters ball" kind of hater.

Seriously though, both shows grate on my nerves at times. I guess its all in the moment you catch them in. I will say, both shows are better then the Sports Junkies though. Those are the worst worst interviews ever, and sometime they get awkward and the celeb turns on them.

I just think Andy and Czabe are too stuffy for me at times. I also dont like it when Lavar starts to play around and get loud on the air. My other criticism of Lavar is that once it hits 18:00, he mails it in for the rest of the show. I happen to like Chad for the most part, and it didnt start out that way. I used to hate Chad more then anyone on the station, but i see what his role is (to be polarizing and to get peoples ire up, and have them call the show)

Either way, bed intruder song ftw.

Lavar just reported that ESPN's Mike Golic just passed the shuttle test that Haynesworth has failed

wow, if Golic can pass it and Albert cant..... thats embarressing. When did Golem retire from the league?

• 1 year later...

Lavar to his credit has acknowledged that the Skins have done well in the draft and free agency. I can understand to some degree his skepticism until we see a sustained commitment to youth and building inside out. I do think the they both do over react to speculation that many times ends up being false and then make assumptions about the organization based on these assumptions....

For example:

Cerrato still has influence

We're going to draft Clausen

We're going to trade all our picks for Bradford

We're not going to draft any olineman

We didn't address the o-line in '10 (its just not true w/ drafting of T Williams, signing of Hicks & Kory, and trade for Brown)

We're going to trade for Orton

We're going to pay for Nnamdi

etc...

Chad Dukes also has been harping on the qb position saying we should have done something but my question to him would be what else should they have done? Should they have kept McNabb under a big contract that would have eaten up cap space? Should they have used a high draft pick on one this draft when Locker didn't slip and they obviously didn't think highly of anyone else? They did the right thing in focusing their resources on their numerous other holes and to me its obvious they're waiting until '12 to get their QB.

I'd like to edit this after reading what Lavar said about Kerrigan! Dude is a hater and I take back everything good I said about him. I just don't get how you take a shot at a rookie after one preseason game....

Apparently Chad Pukes trusts his inside "sources" more than he does the Redskins coaching staff. Pukes always contradicts the coach press conferences on his **** bag radio program.

Yesterday a caller challenged the fat man and his sources. Pukes became all defensive and bothered, just like a little *****.

106.7 is like Fox News. All they do is hate and get people pissed off at the team.

The "We aren't controlled by the Danny like those other guys are" schtick has worn off dramatically. They're funny, I'll give them that, but when it comes to serious sports talk/analysis, they are literally clueless.

They're also unnecessarily and blatantly anti-establishment just for the hell of it, incredibly biased, and rude/combative towards callers, even the polite ones who actually know what they're talking about. At this point, I have about zero respect for the both of them.

Archived