Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

I have a lot of respect for Lavar Arrington for what he did as a football player but I think that there are still hard feelings between him and the organization. I think most of that was Vinny Cerrato's doing. I really don't care what happened between Arrington and the Redskins management because that is between them. Arrington has kept that there and hasn't brought up that issue on the air or in the media so I admire him for that.

The thing that I don't like is that Arrington and Dukes bash them because they have all of you who live in DC as the audience that listen to them. So if you don't like what they are selling then don't buy or listen in. It is all about ratings and they bring in the ratings whether you like it or not. There are so many other stations that do the same thing in and outside DC because they have not been a very good team over the last 10 or 15 years so nothing good is going to be said by anyone about the team.

It is like living in Detroit and listening to there radio stations about how they hope to just make the playoffs this year. They haven't been good for years. Neither has Oakland, Cleveland or San Francisco. So until they start winning on a consistent basis and contend for championships they will continue to get criticism from everyone including Arrington and Dukes.

The whole thing about Snyder owning 980 so they don't speak ill of him or the team's action is bull****. Doc and Czaban and Loverro chide them always when they think something stupid has occurred. Don't buy into the Fan's tagline....it's all BS as Lavar is so agenda driven and Dooks just blows him constantly. I liked Dukes when he was a free thinker and was set up by Oscar but now he's a schill to his master and boss in Lavar.

This. Anyone who says 980 is some propoganda network cause Snyder owns it has clearly never listened. They kill Vinny just like everyone else. Always have. They kill Shanahan and Allen when called for (Galloway signing), and they even kill the owner Daniel Snyder when called for. I have no idea where this so called spin is cause I've yet to hear it. Just utter crap.

The Fan's entire reason for existing is that they aren't "owned" by Snyder. They've been pushing that in their promos from day one. And it reflects in their programing. Hence pretty much every single show on their bashing Snyder and the Skins. The Fan is for the anti-Snyder fanatics. It's not about intelligent sports news and facts. It's just on-air ****ing. Message board radio. They gotta be different somehow. Unfortunately that different wasn't putting on better, superior, more-knowledgeable talent.

Man, I really miss Ken Beatrice!! Great radio.

What a different era of sports radio too. These days, the guys on the air are generally just there to bring up topics, report news, weigh in as an average joe, and take calls.

When Ken was on the air (and I only remember the tail end of his career), it seems like HE would answer the sports questions in almost every case. Whether it was Redskin-specific or football-specific, he knew his ****.

Chad is a pretty chill dude, I've talked to him many times before he got the radio show, I agree sometimes some of the stuff isn't exactly true or right, but it's their show, they can do whatever they want.

Don't listen to it if you don't like them right?

Chad is a pretty chill dude, I've talked to him many times before he got the radio show, I agree sometimes some of the stuff isn't exactly true or right, but it's their show, they can do whatever they want.

Don't listen to it if you don't like them right?

I agree about the old Chad and would stick up for his O and Dukes show...it was so fresh and great and Drab's inserts were key talking about old flames and embarrasing actions....Chad now is a set up man and a schill and that's his job but the platform is all anti-Snyder and Skins and sucks. The Fan **** the bed changing formats and putting in Wise and ousting O and Dukes and O'Meara even though without Don it wasn't nearly as good but even on podcast it kills Wise or Lavar's show.

Doc tells it like it is and Coach admit's knowing nothing so its better and Loverro and Sheenan's Redskins at 1pm is key.

p.s. Anyone that still says "whack" is well, Whack. :)

If its trueth you want Lavar isn't the place to go.He's a Dvia with a capital D.And he has been cryin ever sense he blew out his knee.Skins didn't do him wrong but he feels they did and gives it to them every chance he can.I stopped listening along time ago.He is bitter he didn't last longer and if he hadn't been like soo many other physically talented players he would have played longer.He relied on his physical gifts nad didn't work out that much and wasn't a game study man.Thats what Sean T had become and is why i know he would have redefined the safety position.Lavar didn't put in thw ork,he just showed up and when his physical gifts were taken away he had nothing left.It was a shame and it was his fault no one elses.

The Lavar show is the worst radio program EVER! They have done nothing but bash the Skins since July. Lavar is a bitter ex-employee (whom I used to love as a player) and Chad Dukes is a fat-ass. If there are still any hardcore Skins fans out there who will always back our team, please boycott that crap show and denounce Lavar as "one of us".

GO SKINS!

Couldn't agree more...nothing else

I remember Chad Dukes saying that if minnesota won the superbowl last year that u had to make a strong case that Brett Favre was the best QB of all time, yet when folks called in to maybe disagree, or make a case for another QB he would get angry, and berate them as if they had no football inclination. Someone said Montana might be the best by virtue of superbowl rings, and he said no way because Favre had all the records blah blah, i was remember thinking at the time, maybe its because in addition to being a good QB that Favre has also played in the NFL for like 20 years. Lavar on the other hand (IMO) is the best part of the show as far as being clear concise, and easy to listen to. It could be that Lavar liked Sean Taylor but maybe Sean didnt like him so much and Lavar thought they were better friends than they actually were? It just bugs me the way CP has to call people out.. He gets on the radio seems emotional and childish to me at times. LOL but i can see why these talk show hosts love him as hes gotta be great for ratings!

They are not bashing the redskins. It's really hard to praise a team and talk about everything good that an organization has to offer when they are not doing any of that. I am as big a Redskins fan as anyone, but coming off a 4-12 season, and possibly the worst front office showing in the league, its hard to find a positive. The last thing I will do is boycott the show when they are talking about everything that is legitimately happening. If you've listened to the show for a while, when a team has something to offer (caps), they talk about the good. They praised the signing of McNabb and the picking of Trent Williams and were subjective about the signings of Larry Johnson and Sexy Rexy. Lavar and Chad can only talk about what is given to them. They put on a fine show.

UnWise Mike on the other hand.....:stfu:

They are not bashing the redskins. It's really hard to praise a team and talk about everything good that an organization has to offer when they are not doing any of that. I am as big a Redskins fan as anyone, but coming off a 4-12 season, and possibly the worst front office showing in the league, its hard to find a positive. The last thing I will do is boycott the show when they are talking about everything that is legitimately happening. If you've listened to the show for a while, when a team has something to offer (caps), they talk about the good. They praised the signing of McNabb and the picking of Trent Williams and were subjective about the signings of Larry Johnson and Sexy Rexy. Lavar and Chad can only talk about what is given to them. They put on a fine show.

UnWise Mike on the other hand.....:stfu:

I'm suspicious about this being your first post

I'm suspicious about this being your first post

Swear to God I wouldn't be shocked if that's Chad Flukes himself. Dude is an overly-sensitive, defensive fat **** with self esteem issues. Fact. (And yes, it's personal). I could honestly see him coming on here and posting cause all the cricism is messing with him.

I am getting irritated with 1067 THE FAN as a whole because it seems like every show except The Junkies makes everything into a race issue.

UnWise Mike does it. Chad and Lavar do it. Holden Kuchner (spelling is wrong) does it and those 2 dopes on the weekend whose names I forget do it.

I am tuning in trying to hear a different sports station perspective and get local sports news and all I get is political BS.

People that listen to them are the same that come on here and constantly ***** about snyder. Lavar is NOT a redskins fan. He is NOT a journalist. He is an ex football player with an ounce of notoriety and a bone to pick. Period. Most of his opinions are completely bias and sad. People listen because its their way of venting frustration. But I will laugh my ass off when the skins start winning and Lavar has nothing left to complain about.

**** Lavar

**** Chad

**** all the haters

People that listen to them are the same that come on here and constantly ***** about snyder. Lavar is NOT a redskins fan. He is NOT a journalist. He is an ex football player with an ounce of notoriety and a bone to pick. Period. Most of his opinions are completely bias and sad. People listen because its their way of venting frustration. But I will laugh my ass off when the skins start winning and Lavar has nothing left to complain about.

**** Lavar

**** Chad

**** all the haters

You pretty much nailed my thoughts on this subject!

Lavar and Dukes wouldn't care because they both will continue to find something to gripe about, the organization has already changed for the better and have real football people making the decisions but yet those two goofs continue to spew their nonsense

Lavar and Dukes wouldn't care because they both will continue to find something to gripe about, the organization has already changed for the better and have real football people making the decisions but yet those two goofs continue to spew their nonsense

I think the real question is, if the Skins start winning(long term), does 106.7 look to change formats? It's entire existence(outside of the Junkies) is built on the Skins losing.

I think the real question is, if the Skins start winning(long term), does 106.7 look to change formats? It's entire existence(outside of the Junkies) is built on the Skins losing.

They will adapt. I've listened over the past couple weeks and they are already laying that ground work. They've mentioned that they WANT the Redskins to succeed but they just call it like they see it, basically.

There's no way they'd survive by trying to criticize a successful Redskins franchise. They would be crushed. This town is STARVED for successful football. A large portion of this town has experienced sustained success in the 1980s and early-1990s.

If we turn things around and there's a station critical of this team/front office/ownership, they will get zero ratings. They will be forced to pick up the poms poms when/if that happens.

They will adapt. I've listened over the past couple weeks and they are already laying that ground work. They've mentioned that they WANT the Redskins to succeed but they just call it like they see it, basically.

There's no way they'd survive by trying to criticize a successful Redskins franchise. They would be crushed. This town is STARVED for successful football. A large portion of this town has experienced sustained success in the 1980s and early-1990s.

If we turn things around and there's a station critical of this team/front office/ownership, they will get zero ratings. They will be forced to pick up the poms poms when/if that happens.

I agree but do you think Lavar and UnWise Mike and Brian Mitchell are believable fans? Part of me thinks that these guys will have to go.

I agree but do you think Lavar and UnWise Mike and Brian Mitchell are believable fans? Part of me thinks that these guys will have to go.

I think they can pull it off...Dukes especially. I would assume he's a front-runner and will do what he needs to in order to talk about the team when they succeed. Lavar also seems to have an odd following of Redskin fans who believe he was Mr. Redskins despite being "good" for just a couple years. BMitch will also always find work on the radio since he has a ring as a Redskin and is a link back to Gibbs I.

To be honest, I don't mind Chad and Lavar's show. I hated it when I first listened to it, but it's grown on me. I don't usually agree, but it's not a bad alternative to 980. I love 980 when they talk sports, but half the time I click over they are talking about lawn mowers, TV, or listing off b-days and obits. I don't really care about that when I want to hear about mini-camp or something.

• 2 months later...

Archived