Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video Game Nostalgia (Pre-XBOX/PS2/Gamecube)

ACW

The funny thing about WinBack is that none of my friends back then knew what I was talking about when I described the game, and it was always available to rent in my local Blockbuster.

Then I came to college and brought it up again and a lot of people remembered it. I felt like nobody was on board with this underrated gem, but I guess more people played it than I realized at the time.

Crazy fun though.

Nintendo guides were pretty good. Loved Nintendo Power.

Disagree. Mario 64 is sweet, but Golden Eye was sick for multiplayer alone. Especially with the aforementioned cheat codes on. Nothing better than running around in the Archives, throwing mines on three of your buddies with Donkey Kong mode turned on. Hilarious.

Top N64 games I saw being played in college, bar none:

1- Mario Kart

2- Golden Eye

3- NFL Blitz

I was also a big fan of Fighting Force 64:

I absolutely love simple beat 'em games.

Mario 64's single player cannot be beaten by pretty much any game save Ocarina of Time.

Close this thread!!! Nostalgia is taking over, ahhhhhhhh! lol.

I completely forgot all about Road Rage 64, but after seeing the video, I remember playing it. It was one of many rentals from the Blockbuster I never go to anymore.

I still got all of my old Nintendo Powers sitting around. I enjoyed that magazine, but the Wii pretty much killed my enjoyment of the next-gen Nintendo games. I must have stopped receiving NP 2-3 years ago.

There are a couple of other racing games I remember now on 64 that I just can't remember the names. I remember one was made by Midway and you can drive cars off various ramps, almost like a skate park.

There are a couple of other racing games I remember now on 64 that I just can't remember the names. I remember one was made by Midway and you can drive cars off various ramps, almost like a skate park.
Sounds like San Francisco Rush:

That game was pretty sweet. Cruisin' USA and Cruisin' World were pretty cool too. Plus those games had those awesome super pixelated bikini babes hanging out by your car after you won. :D

Watching that video of San Francisco Rush I'm reminded of the whole "fog" thing in video games back then, where developers couldn't put distant landscapes into view, so they had to use a grey fog over everything past a certain viewpoint.

The absolute worst was that Superman 64 game. Flying through those golden rings over and over again with fog literally everywhere. Laziest game development of all time.

Close this thread!!! Nostalgia is taking over, ahhhhhhhh! lol.

I completely forgot all about Road Rage 64, but after seeing the video, I remember playing it. It was one of many rentals from the Blockbuster I never go to anymore.

:slap: Road RASH :silly:

MKT: Remember this?

I always liked Road Rash II the most. 64 was great but Road Rash II was so incredibly deep and challenging for the 16-bit era. To this day it's still one of the only video games that makes my heart beat a thousand MPH. It took so much concentration and dedication to beat, and it toyed with your emotions so freaking much. Loved to hate it and hated to love it.

Road_Rash_2_GEN_ScreenShot3.gif

I played some Road Rash 64 last night. Still fun :)

I don't know why, but every so often I get a jones for it.

Ocarina of Time I've played a little; it seems like it's the type of game ANYONE can enjoy, even though I mainly like ultraviolent action games, I assume I'll still like it?

As bad as Superman 64 was, have you heard of a game called Big Rigs?

That game looks awesome.
Ocarina of Time I've played a little; it seems like it's the type of game ANYONE can enjoy, even though I mainly like ultraviolent action games, I assume I'll still like it?
Ocarina of Time has one of the best, if not the best, story line in any game I've ever played. Scripted perfectly like an epic movie. Every detail about that game was thought out so well by the developers. The music is kick ass too- I can still remember how most of the songs sound like even though I haven't even played it in probably 7 or 8 years.

That game looks awesome.

Ocarina of Time has one of the best, if not the best, story line in any game I've ever played. Scripted perfectly like an epic movie. Every detail about that game was thought out so well by the developers. The music is kick ass too- I can still remember how most of the songs sound like even though I haven't even played it in probably 7 or 8 years.

OoT has always been the best game of all-time, for me. Nothing really comes close. Majora's Mask was a solid game, but it was a bit disappointing considering it followed OoT. I must have played OoT and fully beaten it over 15-20 times. It's just something that never really gets old.

OoT has always been the best game of all-time, for me. Nothing really comes close. Majora's Mask was a solid game, but it was a bit disappointing considering it followed OoT. I must have played OoT and fully beaten it over 15-20 times. It's just something that never really gets old.

I'm also a huge fan of Twilight Princess. I think it rivals OoT.

Archived