Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video Game Nostalgia (Pre-XBOX/PS2/Gamecube)

ACW

First Game for every system, that's a fun thread idea. On systems that had pack-ins, I'll list the first game I actually bought as well.

Sega Master System: Hang On/Safari Hunt, Great Baseball

NES: Tecmo Super Bowl (Didn't buy an NES until 1991)

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World, F Zero

Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sega Saturn: Fifa Soccer 96, Virtua Fighter 2, NBA Jam, Daytona (bought all 4 day I bought the system)

Playstation: NHL 98, Final Fantasy VII

Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, NFL 2K (Bought all 3 day I bought the system)

Playstation 2, Xbox: I actually have no idea

XBox 360: Call of Duty 2

I left out Gameboy, Game Gear, and Game Cube I think

First games I bought (not the pack ins):

NES: some drawing or art game that I think had a tiger on the front

Game Boy: Super Mario/Dark Wing Duck

Game Gear: Sonic 2/some X-Men game where you fought aliens

Genesis: Madden 94 (still have the Madden 94 poster that the game came with, so sweet)/Home Alone 2 (lol)

N64: Starfox

XBox: Halo

360: Call of Duty 3? Madden 08? Don't really remember for some reason, shared a lot of games in college instead of buying

oh, I couldn't tell you what our first games were. I'd been playing since I was so young, and it was my older brother initially buying the stuff.

Though I could show you all the games I have for the first system I ever owned.

SNES.jpg

Note: that game with a name written on it was second-hand. Ironically, I know that guy's brother, but I bought it from a garage sale from an entirely different family.

Why do you have SMW AND SMW/All-Stars?

I have multiple SMW, All-stars, and a singular SMW/All-stars. I initially had one SMW and one Allstars, but then I bought a NES from a garage sale, which came with an SNES and some games, including another SMW and Allstars. Then an older friend of mine was moving from the area down to Arkansas and he didn't want his SNES and stuff, so I took it and he had SMW/All-stars.

So I have a few duplicate games, and 3 SNESes.

I have multiple SMW, All-stars, and a singular SMW/All-stars. I initially had one SMW and one Allstars, but then I bought a NES from a garage sale, which came with an SNES and some games, including another SMW and Allstars. Then an older friend of mine was moving from the area down to Arkansas and he didn't want his SNES and stuff, so I took it and he had SMW/All-stars.

So I have a few duplicate games, and 3 SNESes.

Haha, wow. The combo is what I used for emulation.

Haha, wow. The combo is what I used for emulation.

Something interesting of note: SMW/Allstars has Luigi with his own sprite and animations that are different from Mario in the SMW part. In the original SMW, he's just a green Mario. Also, SMW/Allstars in only 30 FPS while the original is 60 FPS.

edit: did I mention that the NES/SNES/games/controllers I got at that yard sale was only $10?

I forgot Gamestop or most other places like that don't sell N64 games anymore. Went today to pick up Ocarina of Time and the guy looked at me like I was insane for even asking about it.

Now I guess I gotta order it online off Amazon or something.

look up a place called Starland in Fairfax. They've got EVERYTHING.

3150 Spring St Fairfax VA 22031

If you like the classics, that's the place to go. Hell, even new games are a couple dollars off the retail.

look up a place called Starland in Fairfax. They've got EVERYTHING.

3150 Spring St Fairfax VA 22031

If you like the classics, that's the place to go. Hell, even new games are a couple dollars off the retail.

Haha, I really appreciate the tip, but unfortunately that's a bit of a drive from Orlando just to get a Zelda N64 game. :)

There's some pretty cheap good condition ones on Amazon, they don't come with the box/manual though, and maybe it's just me, but one of my favorite parts about owning games was having the actual case/manual...kind of weird but I don't know. The game's the most important piece anyway though so as long as I get that it's fine.

I actually never finished Majora's Mask, I think I played about 20% through it and that was it, so it might be good to get that as well.

Haha, I really appreciate the tip, but unfortunately that's a bit of a drive from Orlando just to get a Zelda N64 game. :)

There's some pretty cheap good condition ones on Amazon, they don't come with the box/manual though, and maybe it's just me, but one of my favorite parts about owning games was having the actual case/manual...kind of weird but I don't know. The game's the most important piece anyway though so as long as I get that it's fine.

I actually never finished Majora's Mask, I think I played about 20% through it and that was it, so it might be good to get that as well.

ah, I saw the "falls church", didn't notice the "from".

Well their website, estarland.com, does ship worldwide.

I forgot Gamestop or most other places like that don't sell N64 games anymore. Went today to pick up Ocarina of Time and the guy looked at me like I was insane for even asking about it.

Now I guess I gotta order it online off Amazon or something.

If you live in Orlando, go to a "play-n-trade", they have a ton of old games for every system. There is one in Winter Garden, not sure where in Orlando though.

If you live in Orlando, go to a "play-n-trade", they have a ton of old games for every system. There is one in Winter Garden, not sure where in Orlando though.
Yeah, I tried the one near me in Lake Mary (literally about 10 minutes away from my house, couldn't have been more convenient), but they didn't have Ocarina of Time in stock.

I just ordered it off Amazon for about 10 dollars including the shipping though, so I'll be ready to kick ass all over Hyrule soon enough. I might hit up the Play-N-Trade for Majora's Mask though.

Now that I just graduated college I'm supposed to be looking for part-time work before heading to grad school next year, and instead I'm spending my time looking for classic N64 games. :D

First games: I'll exclude the pack in titles....

NES: Nightmare on Elm Street: My friends an I liked the movies. It was great with the 4 player sattelite. Although it doesn't quite hold up as well today.

SNES: Street Fighter II: got the system just for this game.

Genesis: Double Dragon. Sega CD: Final Fight

PS1: Battle Arena Tohshinden: This was only a hold over because Tekken was delayed about a month from system launch.

Sega Saturn: X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Import). The system was pretty much dead at the time. But I got a sweet deal for the system, import card and the game. I later imported a bunch of fighting games on it. Good system that was highly neglected in the US.

N64: WCW / NWO Revenge: Swayed my purchase of the system. Although Goldeneye was a contributing factor as well.

Dreamcast: Marvel vs Capcom and Soulcalibur

PS2: Street Fighter EX3 (PS2's lauch titles sucked, but the system ended up being awesome)

X-Box: Dead or Alive 3

X-Box 360: Dead or Alive 4

Edit: Forgot about Gamecube because it is unhooked and collecting dust: The Legend of Zelda Collection pack in. Although come to think of it, that sounds worth playing again.

I got Ocarina of Time yesterday in the mail, pretty awesome that it only took 4 days to get here from Arizona.

I didn't have internet all day yesterday so I was able to play it for about 8 or 9 hours, got Link through the childhood stuff and just now starting to run around and get a feel for things as an adult.

I really forgot just how amazing this game this, especially for a cartridge. They crammed so much into this thing.

The fishing mini-game is easily my favorite.

Archived