Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rush Limbaugh: "We need segregated buses."

Baculus

Well, I guess Limbaugh's true stripes comes out. Ooops!

"I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America."

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/17/limbaugh-segregated-busing/

Sorry, Rush, but we do not need to return to the days of Jim Crow laws.

No sir, Limbaugh never race baits. :doh:

Well, I guess Limbaugh's true stripes comes out. Ooops!

"I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America."

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/17/limbaugh-segregated-busing/

Sorry, Rush, but we do not need to return to the days of Jim Crow laws.

No sir, Limbaugh never race baits. :doh:

Do you have any idea what he's talking about? This is typical in politics...take one quote out of context and extrapolate to build a picture of Rush Limbaugh wanting to force segregation back on this country.

If you really believe that's what he wants, you seriously need to take a step back and start limiting your news to yahoo.com.

Do you have any idea what he's talking about? This is typical in politics...take one quote out of context and extrapolate to build a picture of Rush Limbaugh wanting to force segregation back on this country.

If you really believe that's what he wants, you seriously need to take a step back and start limiting your news to yahoo.com.

Do you know what Rush is talking about? If he was trying to use sarcasm, he sure sucks at it.

Rush Limbaugh has used race baiting tactics for years, so for some of us, we wouldn't be surprised if this a Freudian slip.

Do you know what Rush is talking about? If he was trying to use sarcasm, he sure sucks at it.

Rush Limbaugh has used race baiting tactics for years, so for some of us, we wouldn't be surprised if this a Freudian slip.

I'm not debating the race baiting aspect, but this is a real issue. If the flip side had happened, every news anchor in America would be declaring a crisis in this country. It's amazing how hypocritical the media really is.

I think school need segregated buses for kids who have criminal records (like the 2 kids on that bus should have when all is said and done) and those who don't, but that's probably not as inflammatory as some on here would like.

I didn't hear the show, I didn't hear the quote or whatever surrounded it, so I'll admit it's a poor choice of words on his part if he didn't mean it. If he DID mean it, I can't defend that.

I'm not debating the race baiting aspect, but this is a real issue. If the flip side had happened, every news anchor in America would be declaring a crisis in this country. It's amazing how hypocritical the media really is.

Maybe I'm a little off base here, but man are you right. After all, it's not every day that major news outlets, I mean the "liberal" media, get to break a huge news story like kids getting into fights on school buses. Top of the fold stuff there. :doh:

And you guys call the liberals whiners. Next I suppose you'll be asking for reparations. Why don't you get a job like the rest of us real Americans and quit your whining. :rolleyes:

This story was covered by many news outlets -- it was all over CNN and MSNBC. I am sure, though, right-wing blogs are suggesting that "the liberal MSM will NEVER touch this story!"

Gee, what do you think he meant by "This is Obama’s America."

I know what one christian conservative blogger thinks it means.

now we have Rush Limbaugh blaming Obama for black kids beating up a white kid on a school bus. This is what happens in "Obama's America," he said today on his radio show.

How low will these people go? Look, I think it's important to talk about black male violence, or at least as important as it is to talk about any other important social trend. I don't think we should be squeamish about discussing it in a responsible and fair-minded way, despite what the politically correct say. But good grief, Limbaugh is up to something wicked. He's plainly trying to rally white conservatives into thinking that now that we have a black president, blacks are rising up to attack white kids! Christ have mercy, what is wrong with these people?

I won't have anything to do with it, not even tangentially, which is why I took down the post. I can't see this as anything other than Limbaugh deliberately trying to whip up racial fear and loathing of the president. This goes far, far beyond tough criticism of Obama. Does that man Limbaugh have any idea what rough beast he's calling forth?

On his deathbed not too many years ago, a relative of mine confessed to having been part of a white lynch mob in the 1930s, which strung up a black man after he was caught having sex with a white woman. She accused him of rape. The sheriff led the lynch mob. There was no need for a trial; what a black man did to a white woman was considered so horrifying that nobody could wait for a trial and a verdict. After the black man was murdered, the guilt-stricken white woman confessed that the man had been her lover, and she called him a rapist to protect her honor.

None of us ever knew this about my kinsman, until in his dying days, he admitted it because it tortured him. It had been on his heart all his life. I pray that his repentance in the face of eternity helped him find mercy. It unnerved me, though, to think that that kindly old man had once fallen under the sway of race hatred to that degree, a race hatred that was part of the society into which he was born and raised. It still does, because that world seems like a thousand years ago. But it only seems so far away because many people worked too hard -- and some even gave their lives -- to drive those demons out. And now here is Limbaugh, of Palm Beach, and his ilk, calling them back insouciantly, for political advantage. This is evil.

It's undeniably true that black males, as a group, are disproportionately responsible for violent crimes today (and blacks are disproportionately victims, too). This is important to talk about. This means something. I hate the kind of political correctness that demands we pretend not to see what we see. But as far as I'm concerned, if the Limbaughs of the world are going to be doing this kind of thing, and trying to blame, with no logical grounds whatsoever, a black president for black-on-white violence, and if they're going to do this in an increasingly hysterical atmosphere of protest against that black president, I don't want to talk about these things at all. Now is not the time. With this kind of inflammatory rhetoric, they are quite simply tearing the country apart.

Where do they think this is going to go?

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/09/rush-limbaugh-hits-racial-bott.html

He is exactly right. Rush has hit a new low. This IS evil.

Go ahead and defend him Dittoheads. Let's see some good rationalizations. Let's hear some "Olbermann is worse" or "You don't understand Rush's sarcasm." I will enjoy reading it, because I will know that this time, it is complete bull.

And I will know that you, deep down, also know that it is complete bull.

Cool deal, I'll think about you tomorrow while I'm working for both of us.

I also participate in the free market division of labor process. Isn't that something!

Not that there's nothing wrong with you thinking of me while you work. I ain't going to judge you, brother. ;)

This may come off as harsh, but quite frankly I don't care.

There are certain people in the world that I would like to get rid of, and Rush is up near the top of the list.

I'll be honest, just as there were quite a few ES members that were by no means upset that Ted Kennedy was seemingly close to death--I would not shed a single tear if Rush died.

Call me an *******, call it unnecessary, call it what you want. Rush is a racist drug addict that just feeds the right-wing nut jobs in the country that need a dose of reality.

Rush is a piece of **** and the fact that he has a 100+ million dollar contract sickens me.

The man needs to go away, and I don't just mean off the radio--he needs to just GO AWAY.

Gee, what do you think he meant by "This is Obama’s America."

I know what one christian conservative blogger thinks it means.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/09/rush-limbaugh-hits-racial-bott.html

He is exactly right. Rush has hit a new low. This IS evil.

Go ahead and defend him Dittoheads. Let's see some good rationalizations. Let's hear some "Olbermann is worse" or "You don't understand Rush's sarcasm." I will enjoy reading it, because I will know that this time, it is complete bull.

And I will know that you, deep down, also know that it is complete bull.

:claps:

They're all pieces of ****. All of them further separate people in this country instead of uniting them.

"Unite" people? Please. Nobody would listen to a talk radio host whose main goal was to "unite" people. We all know that lol...these types of hosts aren't being shoved down our throats...we are collectively requesting them, in one form or another.

Maybe I'm a little off base here, but man are you right. After all, it's not every day that major news outlets, I mean the "liberal" media, get to break a huge news story like kids getting into fights on school buses. Top of the fold stuff there. :doh:

And you guys call the liberals whiners. Next I suppose you'll be asking for reparations. Why don't you get a job like the rest of us real Americans and quit your whining. :rolleyes:

Yes you are off base here. You see if the roles were reversed in this specific incident 1 minority being mercifully beaten while most of the majority were gleefully watching, doing nothing and even egging the perps on, the Liberal media armed with their meta narrative would have run this incessantly for days. Cries of racism and other charges would have been vomited out by all media streams faster than Bolt's 100m. So lets be real here to. Let's call a spade a spade.

"Unite" people? Please. Nobody would listen to a talk radio host whose main goal was to "unite" people. We all know that lol...these types of hosts aren't being shoved down our throats...we are collectively requesting them, in one form or another.

Yup, it's like nobody ever listened to chronchite or radio in the 40's or 50's when it was cordial and a medium for expressing info, music, or of creating "family hours."

These shock jocks are leeches that feed on the lowest common demonator. That part of us that slows down at a traffic accident and has to take a look, that part of us that gets titilated by gore and violence. But that isn't the whole of us, we can get inspired and rally around better, higher, more honest thought.

Archived