Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pelosi Warning Against Political "Violence"

DixieFlatline

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/17/pelosi_chokes_up_warning_against_political_violence.html

“I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw … I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco,” Pelosi said, choking up and with tears forming in her eyes. “This kind of rhetoric is just, is really frightening and it created a climate in which we, violence took place and … I wish that we would all, again, curb our enthusiasm in some of the statements that are made.”

I'm not sure she 'chokes up' in this statement and their headline suggests. But does anyone else think this ironic coming from her? I totally agree people should watch what they say, but coming from her this is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Edit: just saw this link. I wasn't sure what she meant by the 70s in San Fran.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/09/republicans_denounce_pelosi_fo.html

I just read her whole statement. I'm not sure what was so bad about it.

Of course, we all know that if Nancy Pelosi blows her nose, someone will blame her for a tsunami in Indonesia, but c'mon. Some of the wingnuts ARE spinning out of control right now.

Here's a nice collection of pictures, with a lot of people appearing to suggest violence.

http://www.tarstarkas.net/blog/2009/09/12/teabag-mania-10/

http://www.tarstarkas.net/blog/2009/09/12/teabag-mania-11-the-white-house-has-a-lyin-african/

Here's a nice collection of pictures, with a lot of people appearing to suggest violence.

I've seen more of a suggestion of violence at the school bus stop.:silly:

The Seventies were fun, though they coulda firebombed the school offices before report cards came out...ignorant savages;)

Of course, we all know that if Nancy Pelosi blows her nose, someone will blame her for a tsunami in Indonesia, but c'mon. Some of the wingnuts ARE spinning out of control right now.

http://www.tarstarkas.net/blog/2009/09/12/teabag-mania-11-the-white-house-has-a-lyin-african/

they obviously represent the views/beliefs/practices of every other person in this debate.

I could find tons of pictures of crazy left war protesters and put somewhat witty captions on those pictures too.

and for the idiot who made that website, second set to be specific, the palm tree and crescent moon is South Carolina's state symbol. If you're going to criticize someone, the number one rule is don't look like a fracken idiot in the process

Nancy Pelosi's rhetoric over the past few months has done nothing to improve the political tone in this country.

Pull up some of the signs at liberal rallies and they make those look like a girl scout rally.

Nancy certainly had her chance to talk down extremists and failed to do so, so the source here is definitely suspect and somewhat hypocritical. Having said that the drum beat of violence has to stop, the right wing (I won't say extreme because there are too many of them to be a fringe subgroup) is getting way past what can be viewed as responsible with their rhetoric. You can't ****ing tell people that he's going to kill them take their freedom and destroy their country and assume no one is going to believe you. Especially when people show up armed with threatening signs at his rallies and one guy was even caught hiding in a school, armed, prior to Obama arriving there (as was arrested). The environment is getting bad and frankly if someone starts shooting not a damn one of these *******s like Glenn Beck is going to take responsibility for what they are creating.

Have you seen the polls on how many republicans think Obama may not have been born in the US? Fringe my foot.

Nancy certainly had her chance to talk down extremists and failed to do so, so the source here is definitely suspect and somewhat hypocritical. Having said that the drum beat of violence has to stop, the right wing (I won't say extreme because there are too many of them to be a fringe subgroup) is getting way past what can be viewed as responsible with their rhetoric. You can't ****ing tell people that he's going to kill them take their freedom and destroy their country and assume no one is going to believe you. Especially when people show up armed with threatening signs at his rallies and one guy was even caught hiding in a school, armed, prior to Obama arriving there (as was arrested). The environment is getting bad and frankly if someone starts shooting not a damn one of these *******s like Glenn Beck is going to take responsibility for what they are creating.

Have you seen the polls on how many republicans think Obama may not have been born in the US? Fringe my foot.

Don't disagree that some are going too far, but I don't think it's any different from what some of the left spouted for the last 6-7 years of the Bush presidency. I also don't think we are on the precipice of violence either.

Does anyone here REALLY think that one side is more "politically violent" than the other side is?...Really?

This site can NOT be that naive.

Reminds me of my response to the "what has caused this disturbing political climate" thread a week or so ago.

Well, for the 8 years of Bush, these people were the ones that felt oppressed and outraged:

StonedHippies.jpg

Now that Obama is President, these are the ones that feel oppressed and outraged:

97a45-redneck.jpg

That about sums it up.

If you'd like a different number, feel free to use that one.

Nah, just messin' with ya Larry.

I simply don't give a **** what Pelosi says. Where was she during the 8 years of Bush on this topic?

Oh, that's right. She was calling it "an example of the democratic system we have in place". <She didn't say those words in particular but basically she championed the nutjob comments from the left toward GWB. Again, **** her.

I love the reaction Nacy Pelosi gets...absolutely hilarious and can be a great game when bored.

She is 100% the Dick Cheney of the left. Her name just causes uncontrollable rage, much like Dick Cheney with those on the left.

For those on the right with really liberal friends try this but switch Pelosi with Cheney. I bet it is the exact same thing.

So a majority of my college friends were pretty conservative, and my roommate for a few years was a big Republican. Sometimes when bored I would just say Nancy Pelosi's name randomly - even in sentences not dealing with politics. I went to a big political school, so everyone was politically active and pretty passionate about it.

No matter what we were talking about my friend(s) would just start cussing - ****ing *****, stupid whore!. Kind of similar to cjcdaman's post. The conversation would completely stop as they just went on for a few minutes. Hilarious. It is like waving a red flag in front of a bull - they just go insane. Good times.....

Nah, just messin' with ya Larry.

I simply don't give a **** what Pelosi says. Where was she during the 8 years of Bush on this topic?

Oh, that's right. She was calling it "an example of the democratic system we have in place". <She didn't say those words in particular but basically she championed the nutjob comments from the left toward GWB. Again, **** her.

How many of the nutjobs who she "championed" showed up at Bush appearances armed?

How many of the nutjobs who she "championed" showed up at Bush appearances armed?

As I said, they're *******. :silly: They're on the left and most likely don't even know how to operate a gun. However, they are masterminds at redecorating a room. :silly::silly:

Look, sorry people actually exercised their right.

As to the quote referencing me by Duckus: Did I mention, **** Nancy Pelosi? :silly:

As I said, they're *******. :silly: They're on the left and most likely don't even know how to operate a gun. However, they are masterminds at redecorating a room. :silly::silly:

Look, sorry people actually exercised their right.

As to the quote referencing me by Duckus: Did I mention, **** Nancy Pelosi? :silly:

I've asked you how many people have been killed by left-wing "political extremists". (I may be wrong, but I think the answer is "zero".)

Your response is to attack me. (And ignore the question.)

I invite you to modify the question as you see fit.

Your response is to attack Nancy Pelosi. (And ignore the question.)

I invite you to only consider the number of people who've attempted to sneak into a Presidential appearance with a gun.

Your response is to refer to it as "exercising a right". (And ignore the question.)

Again, I may be wrong, but I think the answer is:

Obama has been in office six months. And one person has tried to get a gun into one of his appearances.

Bush was in office for eight years. And it didn't happen once.

Now, you can try to run away from the information all you want. But it's a fact that, while the right and the left both have a generous portion of loons, the ones on the left don't kill, or even attempt to kill, with anywhere near the frequency of "the other side".

Archived