Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Live on CSN

SIXX99

We seem to only play good offense in no huddle situations; It seems to be the only time we can establish any sort of rhythm.

+1. I also think you force the defense to change what they are doing, force them to adjust to what you want to do. They dont get to substitute, we dont have to waste all that time under center and then backpeddling to pass; I think Jason sees the field much better in shotgun, usually used in the no huddle. Doesnt every QB see the field better in shotgun?

Zorn does little to pressure a defense. starting by letting blache have carte blanche control of the bend dont break defense, which kills our offense in the field position game, and time of possession game. Two very big parts of winning, Blache conceeds every game.

Why does this never get any discussion? I think Zorn is afraid of Blache. Blache is certainly more likely to have gotten a HC job... well anywhere but here. Zorn was to be our OC, Blache wanted to retire. Some staff we have!

The argument is pissing you off b/c you can't defend it. I tell you that until the last 5 minutes of the game JC's numbers were below average and his passer rating was 71. You can't debate the first 98% of the game, so you whine.

defend what? Portis's numbers after his first run were amazing. What the hell does a random selection from a game have to do with anything. His stats for the game are his stats and had the skins gotten that onside kick suddenly we had a chance.

What changed in the last five minutes was Zorn's playcalling. Suddenly the run 1st run 2nd GARBAGE was out the window and he attacked the Giants.

defend what? Portis's numbers after his first run were amazing. What the hell does a random selection from a game have to do with anything. His stats for the game are his stats and had the skins gotten that onside kick suddenly we had a chance.

What changed in the last five minutes was Zorn's playcalling. Suddenly the run 1st run 2nd GARBAGE was out the window and he attacked the Giants.

Not just first and second run, but always runs LEFT!

Apples to apples oranges to oranges the Giants still won. Zorn is over his head, this isn't Seattle and he does more then be a QB coach here, or he is supposed too anyway. This team has enough weapons on both sides of the ball to win every game. Shi_ rolls downhill. This team will never be worth anything real until we have a head coach that is hungry and isn't too warped out from too many hits of acid from being in the pacific northwest.

This. For most of the 2nd half, Zorn's playcalling was questionable. When Zorn finally put the ball in Campbell's hands at the end, he responded.

Agreed. The more I hear him speak, the more I wonder who the players take him seriously. He just seems so goofy and unthreatening. It's ok not to rule by fear, but you need respect, and I don't think he has that.

I forget which player Zorn was talking about after Sunday's game, but he was describing his injury as an "owie." That's how I'd describe a scrape to my 4-year old, not a football-related injury to a grown man.

The guy wasn't on the team's radar when they were looking for a coach a year and a half ago. But they had no better options. There's a reason he was a quarterbacks coach for over 5 years and never sniffed a promotion even to offensive coordinator before our front office decided he was head coach material.

One of the situations where the Redskins Defense gets run on ALOT is when we are playing a mostly passing team that has a solid RB. In those cases, our DLine wears itself down rushing the passer down after down....then when a draw or a toss is thrown out there, our pursuit is poor.

Passing the ball is usually what gets a defense on its heals. Our problem is the "I'm going to run the ball even if they know I'm going to" mentality. I'd just like to see Zorn call a game where he called a passing play EVERY down, and let Jason check into running plays where the defensive lineup dictates....

I forget which player Zorn was talking about after Sunday's game, but he was describing his injury as an "owie." That's how I'd describe a scrape to my 4-year old, not a football-related injury to a grown man.

The guy wasn't on the team's radar when they were looking for a coach a year and a half ago. But they had no better options. There's a reason he was a quarterbacks coach for over 5 years and never sniffed a promotion even to offensive coordinator before our front office decided he was head coach material.

It was Orakpo he was talking about. I lost all respect for the man when he described it that way. I can see him losing this team very quickly.

Who calls the plays in no huddle? Is it Campbell or Zorn?

It's Campbell. And notice how when we run a 2 minute drill we almost always score? Even Cooley talked about how good of a 2 minute team we are.

We averaged over 12 yards per completion, and after that first run we averaged .8 yards per rush.

Zorn needs to realize that the strength of this team is moving towards the passing game very quickly.

It's Campbell. And notice how when we run a 2 minute drill we almost always score? Even Cooley talked about how good of a 2 minute team we are.

care to tell me if weve ever been down in the 4th quarter, late (not the saints game) and run a successful two minute drill for a go ahead touchdown?

ill wait for the answer, that is, if you have one.

It was Orakpo he was talking about. I lost all respect for the man when he described it that way. I can see him losing this team very quickly.

If you look at the Super Bowl winning coaches over the past decade, these are either no-nonsense guys, or coaches who relate well to their players, or both. I won't lie and say I know anything about locker room dynamics, but it would make sense to me that teams tend to take on the personality of their head coach. I just have trouble seeing the player of today buy into Zorn's quirky ways. They may like him as a guy, but maybe this team needs someone who either they fear or relate to.

Agreed. The more I hear him speak, the more I wonder who the players take him seriously. He just seems so goofy and unthreatening. It's ok not to rule by fear, but you need respect, and I don't think he has that.

He's the new Steve Spurrier. Watching games, I just have that same feeling as watching Spurrier, there's poor discipline, stupid needless penalties, gimmick play calling and he looks lost on the sidelines.

This argument is pissing me off because of how stupid it is.

Do you people know what a comeback is? Peyton Manning, who Campbell is NOT, has had the same thing happen when down two scores, and that makes him PEYTON MANNING. When Campbell does it, it means nothing?

They weren't up by 35 points; they were up by two scores and Campbell got one of them. With the onside kick, Campbell would've been in position to do it again because he would have a short field and 90 seconds.

It's such BS to think that the Giants just gave it up. Campbell earned that, rewatch the game and see that they were NOT playing prevent and that they did NOT have the game "won" already.

Such a dumb argument.

Quite right. But I also get aggravated by people who attempt to explain how great he is based on the last drive of a game. His numbers before that were horrible and there is more to a game than the last two minutes of the half and/or the game. I'm tired of hearing statements like "We are a great 2 minute team" and "Jason is great when we are in no huddle". It's stupid. Game are played for 60 minutes. People here want to blame the playcalling?? Who turned the ball over? Zorn or Campbell? Who fumbled when he clearly could have stepped up in the pocket because our "horrible" OLine created a nice pocket for him? Let's call a spade a spade and say that people tend to over exaggerate after a game like that. On both sides of the argument. Jason needs to step up, or he will loose his job and the coach will as well. Many fans are growing increasingly tired of the excuses surrounding him on why he just isn't quiet there yet so I'm certain the FO is as well.. Poor Oline, poor running game, poor play calling, poor receivers....Eventually a QB has to lead a team and not just be a swinging part of it. Either he does or we have what we have right now. Some good, mostly bad, 8-8, no playoffs. :2cents:

This argument is pissing me off because of how stupid it is.

Do you people know what a comeback is? Peyton Manning, who Campbell is NOT, has had the same thing happen when down two scores, and that makes him PEYTON MANNING. When Campbell does it, it means nothing?

They weren't up by 35 points; they were up by two scores and Campbell got one of them. With the onside kick, Campbell would've been in position to do it again because he would have a short field and 90 seconds.

It's such BS to think that the Giants just gave it up. Campbell earned that, rewatch the game and see that they were NOT playing prevent and that they did NOT have the game "won" already.

Such a dumb argument.

This is truth... Prevent defenses don't blitz.

care to tell me if weve ever been down in the 4th quarter, late (not the saints game) and run a successful two minute drill for a go ahead touchdown?

ill wait for the answer, that is, if you have one.

BLC, I've been thinking a lot about my criticism of Campbell over the last 24 hours. While I believe it is all valid, I think the larger problem may be our offensive scheme and the playcalling. None of it plays into Campbell's strengths. Campbell is very uncomfortable under center and is never allowed to get into a groove. He needs to operate out of the shotgun. In fact, we should be operating out of the shotgun the majority of the time, in my opinion. We can run the ball out of the shotgun as well. Our offensive scheme, to me at least, is a huge huge part of the problem. Now that teams have tape on Zorn, I have a feeling it will become an even bigger issue.

Before the last drive against the prevent D JC's stats were:

14-20/ 155 yards/ INT --- With a passer rating of 71.875.

It's amazing what going 5/6 for 56 yards and a TD (in the last 5 minutes against a team that already knows it's won the game) will do to inflate your numbers and mask your inefectual game.

Huh?

Several ES posters informed me, with videos, that that wasn't a prevent.

*I knew better however.

BLC, I've been thinking a lot about my criticism of Campbell over the last 24 hours. While I believe it is all valid, I think the larger problem may be our offensive scheme and the playcalling. None of it plays into Campbell's strengths. Campbell is very uncomfortable under center and is never allowed to get into a groove. He needs to operate out of the shotgun. In fact, we should be operating out of the shotgun the majority of the time, in my opinion. We can run the ball out of the shotgun as well. Our offensive scheme, to me at least, is a huge huge part of the problem. Now that teams have tape on Zorn, I have a feeling it will become an even bigger issue.

Shotgun would also eliminate him being 3-4 yards behind the pocket because he drops to far and doesn't step up.

Archived