Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We NEED a new RB

lovemaskins

PLEASE apply to be a scout for the Cowboys.

The only reason I would take ANY of the players you listed over Portis is Adrian Peterson. The only reason that I would even consider those guys is age or cap number. Portis is a better RB right now than everyone on that list.

Wow, you completely missed the point. "I know let's have a spelling contest.":doh:

PLEASE apply to be a scout for the Cowboys.

The only reason I would take ANY of the players you listed over Portis is Adrian Peterson. The only reason that I would even consider those guys is age or cap number. Portis is a better RB right now than everyone on that list.

OH yeah. NO, HE IS NOT!:saber:

Actually I blame this on JC and the O-line, when you get down 17-0, 20-7/ 20 10 etc you have to pass to catch up, and it plays to the Giants strengths. They can put more in the box and rush, and when we do run, its stuck. That play audible to betts is a perfect example. Bad play calling, and bad execution leads to futility.

I drafted Portis in two leagues.. oof.

Anyway, now that I've clearly defined how little I know about footbal... Portis looks.. slow - or something. Not right. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something isn't right. Yes, the offensive line could run block better. But still, even when he's in space, something isn't right. I don't think it would be ridiculous to start looking at other RBs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d812932d4/Clinton-Portis-34-yd-run

Watch the video for yourself. His is caught by Osi. A defensive end. Yea Osi had an angle on him but the play has to go to the house once that safety gets blocked. That shot from the back of the play shows just how much daylight Portis is looking at.

Oh weird...Osi switched his number to #20 for one play, then switched it back for the rest of the game. Never heard of that before, but hey, you've been completely rational throughout this thread so far so I have no reason to doubt you.

What happened on the play is the safety had a good angle on Portis and forced him out of bounds. Also, the safety didn't get his feet clipped by two different people. It was a good play...why are you complaining, again?

Clinton is not the one to blame. When you're down the entire game it's difficult to get a running game going when you need to score and the playcalling is atrocious.

We need more effort from some of our defensive players and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over.

I agree with that, he is not the one to blame, and that's not the point of this thread. I love portis as much as anybody, but when the wheels start deflating, and the writing's on the wall, you have to acknowledge it. He's taken a pounding here in D.C. and it shows, A LOT.

WOW what a stupid thread and stupid to all the people that agree with him. Maybe we need a new coach and maybe we need a new QB. Hell maybe we need new WRs, but we don't need another RB. Portis is not the problem it's the piss poor players around him that's the problem.

Amen Smurf.

I'm more ashamed of some of these idiotic threads and accusations than I am with losing right about now.But I'll be sure to bump this,WHEN CP breaks Riggo's record:D.Then that tune will change REAL QUICK..until the next time and it'll be this same ****ing,by posters who THINK they are NFL Coaches,GM'S and Owners. If you had an actual eye for talent why the hell are you here posting??

Okay let's pose a question who'd you rather have at RB after watching today's game? Clinton Portis or; Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Jericho Cotchery, Ray Rice, Rashad Mendenhall/Willie Parker, Steve Slaton, Jones-drew, Chris johnson, Darren Mcfadden, Darren Sproles, Marion Barber/Felix Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Brian westbrook, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Deangeol Williams, Reggie Bush, Cadillac williams?, Frank Gore.

Now that's not every back in the league, and no they all don't block as well as Portis but they are all backs I'd take over Portis. :saber:

So you would take Reggie Bush, a back who has shown that he can't run thru holes and Jerricho Cotchery, a WIDE RECEIVER, over Portis. Please :stfu:

Oh weird...Osi switched his number to #20 for one play, then switched it back for the rest of the game. Never heard of that before, but hey, you've been completely rational throughout this thread so far so I have no reason to doubt you.

What happened on the play is the safety had a good angle on Portis and forced him out of bounds. Also, the safety didn't get his feet clipped by two different people. It was a good play...why are you complaining, again?

So Osi doesnt catch him and force him to lose stride?

Safety clipped by two people? I don't even know what your talking about. Watch the video, Justin Tuck is keeping pace with Portis. My point in this thread is that we a need change of pace back with Portis asap. He's not going to get any better. His best days are behind him. He is a between the tackles runner now and not an everydown back. We need a playmaker to pair with him. But thanks for coming out, your post was hilarious.

Amen Smurf.

I'm more ashamed of some of these idiotic threads and accusations than I am with losing right about now.But I'll be sure to bump this,WHEN CP breaks Riggo's record:D.Then that tune will change REAL QUICK..until the next time and it'll be this same ****ing,by posters who THINK they are NFL Coaches,GM'S and Owners. If you had an actual eye for talent why the hell are you here posting??

When he breaks the record the tune wont change, because he will still have little to NO acceleration. My problem with CP is not what he does when he's facing defenders. My problem is what he does when there are no defenders in his way and he has a WIDE OPEN run. He cant finish the job, and he gets walked down EVERY time. The sooner some of you mancrushers realize this, the sooner you will stop calling the OPs thread idiotic.

So you would take Reggie Bush, a back who has shown that he can't run thru holes and Jerricho Cotchery, a WIDE RECEIVER, over Portis. Please :stfu:

!st, yes i'd take take reggie bush over portis. 2nd, excuse me, wrong guy, bit yes I'd take Leon Washington over Clinton Portis. 3rd, I'm just voicing my opinion which is why i'm on this site. If you don't like, you can SHUT THE **** UP! How's that?:hysterical:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d812932d4/Clinton-Portis-34-yd-run

Watch the video for yourself. His is caught by Osi. A defensive end. Yea Osi had an angle on him but the play has to go to the house once that safety gets blocked. That shot from the back of the play shows just how much daylight Portis is looking at.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.....our offense is not good enough to be leaving points on the board like CP did on that play. He clearly does not have the acceleration to finish off big plays. This is not a first game of the season issue, this is an issue we will deal with this entire season.

So Osi doesnt catch him and force him to lose stride?

Safety clipped by two people? I don't even know what your talking about. Watch the video, Justin Tuck is keeping pace with Portis. My point in this thread is that we a need change of pace back with Portis asap. He's not going to get any better. His best days are behind him. He is a between the tackles runner now and not an everydown back. We need a playmaker to pair with him. But thanks for coming out, your post was hilarious.

You're right. Portis isn't going to get any better. That's because he's already one of the best in the league. Your posts have been moronic. The entire reason Osi dove at Portis is because he was giving up on the play. He saw that Portis was outrunning him and that making a diving tackle was his only hope. Tuck is also running slower than Portis. Keep in mind that Tuck and Osi are much faster than your typical NFL D-linemen. Also keep in mind that neither of them are running while cradling a ball. Further, they are not running while trying to set up their blocks downfield. I'll be sure to up this post at the end of the year when Portis is in the top 8 in rushing yardage, as he has been every single full year he's been in the league. Thank you for your contributions.

That doesn't sound like a vote of confidence considering all of those names and you can only pick little leon washington and reggie bush. Are you kidding me, that list is almost every back in the league.:doh:

It's not CP... I can predict when we run and where we are running before the ball is snapped.(didn't predict the 3rd and 8 check down though) but my point is if we know when and where we are going to be running, you can bet the defense does too. Our running is VERY predictable.

Not all fans are football smart most have no clue and change their opinon game after game... check the post:doh:

How about a competent front office upgrading an obvious O-line that was in decline in the 2nd half of last season. This O-line isn't physical at all IMO. CP couldn't run because the o-line did poorly run blocking. Look at how the Ginats ran with success on 1st down.

God ****, people need to stop complaining about everything about the team. It was the first game! Portis is fine, he just needs some better play calling which actually gives him some room to run. Going Off Tackle to the Left every damn running play doesn't help much.

A lot of smart fans on here again

How about a competent front office upgrading an obvious O-line that was in decline in the 2nd half of last season. This O-line isn't physical at all IMO. CP couldn't run because the o-line did poorly run blocking. Look at how the Ginats ran with success on 1st down.

You on point money!!

Archived