Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We NEED a new RB

lovemaskins

This has become an exercise in mediocrity.

These running plays develop like slugs. Campbell moves back in slow motion off to the left or right about four-six yards to hand the ball off to Portis.

As the play develops, everybody I know and I have to think the defenses recognize it is a run.

We (my friends and me) say at that moment "the defense is going to load up" and they do. Portis gets the ball four-six yards behind the line of scrimmage and there is nothing there.

That is because nobody thinks we are going to pass. They load up.

This has nothing to do with Portis. It has to do with how slow the play develops and how predictable the play is.

The bottom line: Zorn does not trust Campbell and everybody knows it. That is a killer.

Nice Post ..i agree

I can pick out holes bro. I can't hit them tho, and neither could Mason today.

The problem is when you put in Mason the team knows you're going to run that's his strength. He's not a very good pass blocker and isn't really a target out of the backfield.

It's difficult to judge on such limited action but I thought he did the best he could out of the situation given to him.

I just find it hyprocritical to say in one breath; 'Jason Campbell has to make plays despite poor line play. Jason should be more like a _______(you pick comparable QB) but he doesn't make anything happen if he doesn't have a clean pocket.' And in the same breath say 'Portis is fine, we just don't have any blocking.'

The fact is, an NFL QB or RB is supposed to be able to make plays happen whether the blocking is superb or poor. Adrian Peterson make plays happen. Hell, Stephen Jackson made plays happen today against our Dline and we owned them up front today other that the busted 61 yarder.

Fact is Portis doesn't have the quick feet he used to have, and it's OBVIOUS.

I'm not saying he's done but we need an elite back in our backfield and right now we DO NOT HAVE ONE.

Archived