Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We NEED a new RB

lovemaskins

Okay guys it's week 2. Still waiting for Portis to show that burst and quickness. Maybe next week eh.

Since everyone is bashing Campbell, deservingly so, I figured I'd look at another part of the Offense. Clinton has been great, but we really need another back. We've used Clinton up. He looked slow, lethargic, and now lacks burst and agility. AND THIS IS WEEK 1. He is definitely not going to last another season of continuous pounding, due to Jason's inabilty to move the chains or make big plays.

So cheers to another mediocre year and the real unerstanding of how far our offense is from being anything but pathetic. No O-line, No QB, and now no running back. I'm still gonna wait and see about the WR's, but Moss isn't getting any younger either. :mad::doh:

Since everyone is bashing Campbell, deservingly so, I figured I'd look at another part of the Offense. Clinton has been great, but we really need another back. We've used Clinton up. He looked slow, lethargic, and now lacks burst and agility. AND THIS IS WEEK 1. He is definitely not going to last another season of continuous pounding, due to Jason's inabilty to move the chains or make big plays.

So cheers to another mediocre year and the real unerstanding of how far our offense is from being anything but pathetic. No O-line, No QB, and now no running back. I'm still gonna wait and see about the WR's, but Moss isn't getting any younger either. :mad::doh:

I don't know what game you watched, but Portis and Moss were not the problem.

yeah...but when one is a 34 yard run... its pathetic.

I think you need to rewatch the game.

Almost every run besides the long one, the Giants were ALL OVER. I mean tons of guys waiting for Portis.

The only bad run I put on Portis is the one where he ran right into Devin Thomas and tried to run through him. Should have cut inside.

Otherwise, he did what he could.

I think you need to rewatch the game.

Almost every run besides the long one, the Giants were ALL OVER. I mean tons of guys waiting for Portis.

The only bad run I put on Portis is the one where he ran right into Devin Thomas and tried to run through him. Should have cut inside.

Otherwise, he did what he could.

You keep telling yourself that... i saw a slow old RB out there... no bust, no change of direction... dont know what you saw... but thats what I saw.

Portis hasn't lost a step... he's lost 3. He's still a good back but we definitely need a change of pace back. Betts is a weaker Portis. Mason is a smaller Portis. We need a speed back, like "not caught from behind" speed back. Only player on our team that can do that is Moss.

I watched the game very closely and portis looks sloooooooooow. He may not be the biggest problem, but his inability to cut and make people miss is on'y going to get worse as the season progresses. After watching that game, I wouldn't be the least bit afraid of Clinton Portis and Redskins running attack.

We need a new offense. Seriously, QB, Oline, RB, backup running back. The only cog in our offense is Cooley. Anyone seeing anything different really has on the burgandy and gold goggles. I luv the skins, but I call it like I see it.:(

You keep telling yourself that... i saw a slow old RB out there... no bust, no change of direction... dont know what you saw... but thats what I saw.

Really? So you think the Giants didn't play the run well? You don't think they completely crowded the line of scrimmage with guys and most running plays? You think our offensive line got a lot of push?

If so, you were definitely NOT watching the Redskins game.

Damn right, that's definitley what I saw. But hey, maybe he'll look faster next year after another season of pounding cause he's the only offensive option.

Archived