Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We NEED a new RB

lovemaskins

Really? So you think the Giants didn't play the run well? You don't think they completely crowded the line of scrimmage with guys and most running plays? You think our offensive line got a lot of push?

If so, you were definitely NOT watching the Redskins game.

Please tell me what impressed you about Portis today other than the 34 yard. Anything, at all. Oh let me guess, his blocking was awesome.

That's weird...I was pleasantly surprised by his burst on that 34 yarder...he looked like he would have taken it all the way if the D-lineman hadn't tripped him up ever so slightly. He looked more explosive today than he did last year IMO. Also he had a nice play on a screen pass.

yeah...but when one is a 34 yard run... its pathetic.

And like Ive said a million times today, that run shouldve been a TD or at least a 50-60 yard run. CP has NO acceleration. Everyone complaining about other aspects of the offense, how about having a THREAT at the RB position..........Im ready for our entire backfield to be replaced, and this is not a frustrated end of game rant, Ive BEEN feeling this way. I TOTALLY agree with the OP.

Please tell me what impressed you about Portis today other than the 34 yard. Anything, at all. Oh let me guess, his blocking was awesome.

What is he supposed to do? There were no holes. As far as I could tell, if there were yards to be gained, CP gained them today. He gets the most out of his ****ty blocking. The Giants also played very disciplined run D (except for the 34 yarder which I think Kenny Phillips overran).

His blocking was definitely NOT awesome. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be but let me try again.

The Giants DESTROYED our running game, just as we did to them. They had every play sniffed out, minus a few. We need to be giving the Giants more credit for how they played.

I'm a big CP fan and he has been good to us so I give him the benefit of the doubt for now - but I think he does look pudgy right now and I think that 34 yard run could have been broken for alot more and there were at least 2 other runs and the 1 screen pass where he looked like he was really slow. I think he will turn it on and be ok.

Betts on the other hand - he is awful and should be deactivated for Mason for a while.

And like Ive said a million times today, that run shouldve been a TD or at least a 50-60 yard run. CP has NO acceleration. Everyone complaining about other aspects of the offense, how about having a THREAT at the RB position..........Im ready for our entire backfield to be replaced, and this is not a frustrated end of game rant, Ive BEEN feeling this way. I TOTALLY agree with the OP.

Ok, well feel free to bump your post at the end of the season when Clinton is in the top 10 in rushing like he has been every healthy year of his career. Don't you think it's weird that Portis is one of the all-time leaders in yards per game, yet you've formed an opinion on him that there are scrubs out there that could replace him?

we should have drafted adrian peterson over that homo landry, i ****ing hate that farce of a safety.

I agree 1000%. Landry is immature, gets too many penalties, and cant even tackle. He is more focused with trying to take someone's head off and making a name for himself then he is trying to help this team win. Not worth 6th overall, definitely not when AP was there.

Really? So you think the Giants didn't play the run well? You don't think they completely crowded the line of scrimmage with guys and most running plays? You think our offensive line got a lot of push?

If so, you were definitely NOT watching the Redskins game.

Giants definitley played the run well but Portis does not have the agility or acceleration to bounce it to the outside or make someone miss when he needs too. Yea our O-line looks terrible, but Portis is not a playmaker anymore. When the line does create a hole (34 yarder) Portis doesnt have the top end speed anymore to bust a long one. He doesnt even look much faster then most of the linebackers out there. We need a complimentary back to split carries with Portis. I really dont see how anybody could argue with this.

WOW what a stupid thread and stupid to all the people that agree with him. Maybe we need a new coach and maybe we need a new QB. Hell maybe we need new WRs, but we don't need another RB. Portis is not the problem it's the piss poor players around him that's the problem.

When the line does create a hole (34 yarder) Portis doesnt have the top end speed anymore to bust a long one. He doesnt even look much faster then most of the linebackers out there. We need a complimentary back to split carries with Portis. I really dont see how anybody could argue with this.

34 yards is not a long run? Not every RB is Adrian Peterson, and not every good run in the NFL is a huge 50-60 yard storm.

Since everyone is bashing Campbell, deservingly so, I figured I'd look at another part of the Offense. Clinton has been great, but we really need another back. We've used Clinton up. He looked slow, lethargic, and now lacks burst and agility. AND THIS IS WEEK 1. He is definitely not going to last another season of continuous pounding, due to Jason's inabilty to move the chains or make big plays.

So cheers to another mediocre year and the real unerstanding of how far our offense is from being anything but pathetic. No O-line, No QB, and now no running back. I'm still gonna wait and see about the WR's, but Moss isn't getting any younger either. :mad::doh:

Riggo, is that you?

Okay let's pose a question who'd you rather have at RB after watching today's game? Clinton Portis or; Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Jericho Cotchery, Ray Rice, Rashad Mendenhall/Willie Parker, Steve Slaton, Jones-drew, Chris johnson, Darren Mcfadden, Darren Sproles, Marion Barber/Felix Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Brian westbrook, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Deangeol Williams, Reggie Bush, Cadillac williams?, Frank Gore.

Now that's not every back in the league, and no they all don't block as well as Portis but they are all backs I'd take over Portis. :saber:

34 yards is not a long run? Not every RB is Adrian Peterson, and not every good run in the NFL is a huge 50-60 yard storm.

The hole was huge and the safety was even picked up on a block. Alot of backs take that to the house. ALOT. 34 yards is long but when you dont need to break a tackle during your run are you really doing anything that impressive?

Okay let's pose a question who'd you rather have at RB after watching today's game? Clinton Portis or; Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Jericho Cotchery, Ray Rice, Rashad Mendenhall/Willie Parker, Steve Slaton, Jones-drew, Chris johnson, Darren Mcfadden, Darren Sproles, Marion Barber/Felix Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Brian westbrook, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Deangeol Williams, Reggie Bush, Cadillac williams?, Frank Gore.

Now that's not every back in the league, and no they all don't block as well as Portis but they are all backs I'd take over Portis. :saber:

Jericho Cotchery is a wide reciever for the jets.

WOW what a stupid thread and stupid to all the people that agree with him. Maybe we need a new coach and maybe we need a new QB. Hell maybe we need new WRs, but we don't need another RB. Portis is not the problem it's the piss poor players around him that's the problem.

Wow. What a stupid post that provides zero insight or fact.

His blocking was definitely NOT awesome. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be but let me try again.

The Giants DESTROYED our running game, just as we did to them. They had every play sniffed out, minus a few. We need to be giving the Giants more credit for how they played.

We held them in check, but I wouldn't say we "destroyed" anything of theirs today. They're guys showed some burst against our 100M Dline. Portis should be able to break some tackles, just as Campbell should be able to make some plays, regardless of the Oline play. It's the same reasoing that some people use against Campbell. This is the NFL, you GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA make plays.

Ok, well feel free to bump your post at the end of the season when Clinton is in the top 10 in rushing like he has been every healthy year of his career. Don't you think it's weird that Portis is one of the all-time leaders in yards per game, yet you've formed an opinion on him that there are scrubs out there that could replace him?

Well you bump your post everytime he has a WIDE OPEN run, and runs it for half the amount of yards that a young hungry RB, with legitimate accelaration would run it for. Portis left points on the board with that slow azz 34 yarder he ran today.

Dont try to make it like CP cant be replaced. He is a RB, we can get a RB in 2nd round that has speed and can take advantage of wide open runs.

We held them in check, but I wouldn't say we "destroyed" anything of theirs today. They're guys showed some burst against our 100M Dline. Portis should be able to break some tackles, just as Campbell should be able to make some plays, regardless of the Oline play. It's the same reasoing that some people use against Campbell. This is the NFL, you GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA make plays.

True enough, guess I should have said we shut down Jacobs. He really wasn't much of a factor.

PLEASE apply to be a scout for the Cowboys.

The only reason I would take ANY of the players you listed over Portis is Adrian Peterson. The only reason that I would even consider those guys is age or cap number. Portis is a better RB right now than everyone on that list.

Archived