Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TEN @ PIT Game Thread

ACW

Two plays from Landry in coverage stand out immediately- his hit on Reggie Brown last season on the goal line to prevent the game winning TD, and his hit on Kevin Curtis on the goal line in his rookie year to do the same thing. He's also made some crazy plays against Hasselbeck both times we've played the Seahawks in recent years, particularly in that playoff game where he picked him twice, one time going all the way from centerfield to the sideline while just being able to keep his feet inbounds for the catch to count.

He also was able to produce some great pressure blitzing in 06 when he was the SS and Taylor was back at FS.

I'm interested to see how he does with hopefully some good d-line pressure this year.

You're right. Those are all plays I'm overlooking. Good call.

Hopefully he breaks out more this year. I need him to make me not forget stuff like that. ST may have me spoiled, though.

Two plays from Landry in coverage stand out immediately- his hit on Reggie Brown last season on the goal line to prevent the game winning TD, and his hit on Kevin Curtis on the goal line in his rookie year to do the same thing. He's also made some crazy plays against Hasselbeck both times we've played the Seahawks in recent years, particularly in that playoff game where he picked him twice, one time going all the way from centerfield to the sideline while just being able to keep his feet inbounds for the catch to count.

He also was able to produce some great pressure blitzing in 06 when he was the SS and Taylor was back at FS.

I'm interested to see how he does with hopefully some good d-line pressure this year.

IMO Polamalu is just flat out better than Landry. Not a little better either, he's on an entirely different level. There is no Steeler game where Polamalu doesn't make an amazing play/tackle. Landry goes stretches where you don't hear his name once. Sean Taylor was like Troy, even if you didn't throw at him he still found a way to be disruptive no matter what. Landry is definitely good and far better than average but he's not at the level IMO.

edit: and right after I post that Troy does something else that reminds me of Sean taylor... personal foul. lol

You're right. Those are all plays I'm overlooking. Good call.

Hopefully he breaks out more this year. I need him to make me not forget stuff like that. ST may have me spoiled, though.

ST spoiled us all. but at the same time, with the money we gave laron, he should be making more plays, especially with the talent around him

Archived