Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TEN @ PIT Game Thread

ACW

1.I'm not saying skill didn't play a part in that catch, but he also got lucky.

2. I absolutely hate the Steelers, I don't want to give them any credit. I hate their fair weather, arrogant fans, I hate their stupid colors and I hate those damned flags. I hate them almost as much as I hate the Cowboys, I just can't like them.

Believe me, I understand fully. I hate the Steelers myself.

However, when a guy makes an amazing play like Troy just did, I like to acknowledge it. It just seems right.

We stick him out there, but he's not making that many plays. He's not like Taylor was when we had him in the same role. Not in run support, which Taylor was in on even when he was 20 yards back, nor in pass defense. I think he's wasted way out there. Move him up 5 yards, teach him to read plays faster. Something. He's not in on enough plays for my liking.
Oh I agree completely with him not being used well enough. I'd love to see Kareem Moore develop better and let us use Landry more often down in the box, where he can really do the most damage blitzing (which is really what he's best at IMO), but unfortunately that's just the defense we run with the personnel we have right now.

I'm just saying that Polamalu can make some crazy plays that few guys can, but he's also allowed to do a lot more than Landry is due to the guys around them and the schemes they run. I'm not getting into the who's better at what though.

Man is this turning into a sloppy game or what? I may be getting way ahead of myself, but I think first team to 3 pts wins the game.

Nah, its just a defensive game. This is what I expected. I love it. Its not one of those showboating games, its a hardcore defensive performance.

Plus I've got both defenses on fantasy teams.

That was an AMAZING catch - one handed, sideways. But the WR didn't do anything to stop it.

True, but to me it seemed like the receiver was still running the other direction. You think he coulda prevented that INT? I don't know. I'd have to see it again, but it seemed like it woulda been awfully hard for him to hit the brakes, reverse direction and break up the pass.

Believe me, I understand fully. I hate the Steelers myself.

However, when a guy makes an amazing play like Troy just did, I like to acknowledge it. It just seems right.

Haha, ok, it was a good catch. I never said he wasn't a good player, I just don't think he's the God that everyone seems to think he is.

True, but to me it seemed like the receiver was still running the other direction. You think he coulda prevented that INT? I don't know. I'd have to see it again, but it seemed like it woulda been awfully hard for him to hit the brakes, reverse direction and break up the pass.
Polamalu did a great job picking up the WR and going downfield with him in man coverage, but Collins underthrew it and it essentially became a jump ball, and at that point the WR has to become a DB and keep Polamalu from getting position to come down with it. Polamalu did a great job of getting in that position, boxing out the WR and making that sick catch, but I guarantee the coaches are going to have words for that WR in film review for making zero effort on defending against that pick. He wouldn't have had a great chance of keeping a DB like Polamalu from getting it, but he literally didn't do anything to even try.

Oh I agree completely with him not being used well enough. I'd love to see Kareem Moore develop better and let us use Landry more often down in the box, where he can really do the most damage blitzing (which is really what he's best at IMO), but unfortunately that's just the defense we run with the personnel we have right now.

I'm just saying that Polamalu can make some crazy plays that few guys can, but he's also allowed to do a lot more than Landry is due to the guys around them and the schemes they run. I'm not getting into the who's better at what though.

I hear you. Troy is used differently. I understand that. I just wish we'd see some of what Troy brings in Landry. Landry seems........passive.... in comparison. I can't think of many memorable Landry plays. I remember that hit he had on Plax that cost us 15 yards, and him getting trucked by Jacobs, but really outside of the odd INT here or there, not much comes to mind. I would like him to make his mark somehow.

But thats EXACTLY what Troy did, and Troy made the pic.

Archived