Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the colt vs chase battle really matter?

redskin301

I think it matters to some degree. Collins won't be here forever, so I'm guessing that whoever gets the third spot will be our future backup. Stranger things have happened in the NFL than having someone who was once a third stringer step up and take a starting role.

Might not happen this weekend, might not happen by the end of the year, might never happen...but it could happen.

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But, hey, at least it gives us something else to bicker about until the season starts.

I don't see the Redskins pinning their hopes on either one of them. The flirtation with Cutler and Sanchez was an indictment against every QB on the roster. If JC doesn't shine this season, the Redskins will spend a high draft pick on a QB next offseason. The offense would then be handed to Collins while Colt, Chase, and the Rookie battle for the other spots.

I don't see the Redskins pinning their hopes on either one of them. The flirtation with Cutler and Sanchez was an indictment against every QB on the roster. If JC doesn't shine this season, the Redskins will spend a high draft pick on a QB next offseason. The offense would then be handed to Collins while Colt, Chase, and the Rookie battle for the other spots.

I really don't want to burn a high pick on QB so I'm hoping somebody can step up.

The only way it matters is if disaster strikes during the season and our two starters are lost, in this situation I actually think the FO would go after a veteran FA rather than play either of our 3rd stringers. Its happenned before, and I don't necessarily agree with it, but panic does wierd things to people.

Another reason it might matter is, as stated previously, one of those two guys is probably going to inherit the backup QB spot someday when old man Collins decides to throw in his cleats for a walker.

Other than that, not at all. I don't think the team is putting their hope in the 3rd stringers as the future starter, and I agree with Spiff in that, if Cambell doesn't work out, we're going to be drafting someone next season, or trading/signing someone the FO is excited about.

While you guy's are debating whether or not Colt Brennan is arrogant or Chase Daniel is tall enough or Jason Campbell can make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball faster, you have totally missed the point. I am a Redskin fan, not a Colt Brennan fan or a Chase Daniel fan or even a Jason Campbell fan. Personally I don't care who throws the ball, the object is to win. I will root for whomever coach Zorn decides to put on the field.

I think it matters -- these were both very productive QBs in college and noted for their ability to drive a high-powered offense. Both were lightly considered by franchises because they didn't fit the NFL prototype or run a standard NFL offense. Zorn has a good reputation for developing QBs and one or both of these talented projects might pay dividends for the Redskins. The question is which one? A good drama to watch unfold.

Also, if Campbell and Collins leave in 2010 -- there is the possibility that one of these two could be the replacement. Brennan would be starting his third year with the system and Daniel his second. The Skins might draft another QB in 2010 to replace Campbell's departure, but they also would have pressing needs at MLB, T, and maybe even RB. Regardless of who was drafted, with Campbell and Collins absent, Brennan or Daniel would figure heavily in the early season plans of the Skins.

I mean it's a fight for the 3rd QB spot (colt or chase will not see the field this year I hope) Todd is the back up QB if Jcam gets injured and if jcam doesn't work out this year the skins will draft a QB so I think chase or colt will never start as a redskin QB

It matters, not much, but it does matter.

If Colt keeps the 3rd QB spot it means that he is progressing.

If Chase wins it means that Zorn wasted a season developing the wrong QB.

If Colt keeps the 3rd spot then he could conceivably challenge for the 2 spot if Collins isn't here next year.

If Colt keeps the 3rd spot and plays this season then he could compete for the 1st spot if Campbell isn't here next year.

again, theres no way that chase daniel is making the squad after only playing 1 quarter of PS football so far, and however long he plays for tonight. brennan has the job, hes already signed, he was jim zorns draft pick and project, daniel is a walk on and supposedly has good footwork lol.

besides, daniel looks too much like ben roethlisburger. everytime i look at him all i see is big ben lol.

exactly. and this is why the cult continues to be delusional. because they can't wrap their mind around this concept.

There is a list as long as your complaint file of quarterbacks who the same thing was said about.

You sir have an agenda,did Colt steal your gf or something? I think there hasnt been a day ive logged into es and not seen you crying about something:D.

Relax..after all its only football. Nobody is delusional because they have favorite players.

There is a list as long as your complaint file of quarterbacks who the same thing was said about.

You sir have an agenda,did Colt steal your gf or something? I think there hasnt been a day ive logged into es and not seen you crying about something:D.

Relax..after all its only football. Nobody is delusional because they have favorite players.

lol i guess we all have agendas then, including yourself.

i'm not crying about anything, just pointing out that the cult needs to get a grasp on reality because there is a strong possiblity that colt will never start a game for the Washington Redskins.

no one is delusional? i saw a post this week from some cult member that said colt would take us to multiple superbowls and how he would suck in the first one but come out and put up gawdy stats in the next two superbowls....yea..delusional.

Agreed if you polled fans outside of Redskin Nation they would say Colt is playing in the XFL or he is lighting it up in the CFL.

First you should conduct a poll if these people even realize the xfl still exists.

Second Alot of people are aware of the situation,so im not sure where you get your facts from.

lol i guess we all have agendas then, including yourself.

i'm not crying about anything, just pointing out that the cult needs to get a grasp on reality because there is a strong possiblity that colt will never start a game for the Washington Redskins.

no one is delusional? i saw a post this week from some cult member that said colt would take us to multiple superbowls and how he would suck in the first one but come out and put up gawdy stats in the next two superbowls....yea..delusional.

Reality delusional...how many SBs is JC taking us to?

Unknown delusional...Colt taking us to many SBs.

Archived