Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the colt vs chase battle really matter?

redskin301

again, theres no way that chase daniel is making the squad after only playing 1 quarter of PS football so far, and however long he plays for tonight. brennan has the job, hes already signed, he was jim zorns draft pick and project, daniel is a walk on and supposedly has good footwork lol.

besides, daniel looks too much like ben roethlisburger. everytime i look at him all i see is big ben lol.

A much shorter and fat version of Ben lol.

I agree with BLC. There's no way CB losses the third spot to a walk on no matter how he looked in one game. CB looked better then him in a few PS games last year hence to formation of the "Cult".

To answer the OP. No it really doesnt because if the JC project fails were going to look elsewhere for a starting QB and possibly draft one also. The koolaid drinking cult followers know their days are numbered.

NO! THANK YOU

thread of the offseason. 99% chance neither of these guys ever takes a NFL snap

Maybe not for this team, but I think either one could be a good chance for another team. Which brings me to the question of why waist a draft pick for someone they know they will never give a shot?

They could have bought a cheap bum from FA to fill the spot of 3rd string QB, and used the picks for some O-linemen.

while the chances are slim either colt, chase or any new QB for that matter will develop into a solid starter, I think our ability to competently evaulate talent (especially at the most important position) will ultimately determine the long term success of this franchise... so I take it with a grain of salt but also realize the potential impact of such a decision...

I mean, look at cassel, not only did he salvage a season for the pats, he also provided them a 2nd round pick... if for nothing else, our ability to develop one of these guys into a decent back-up or draft pick is extremely important in my view...

Reality: JC has a better shot at taking us to a SB than Colt ever does.

Even JC in reality could never start another game for an nfl team after this season. Even Leftwhich consistantly got his team wins in jax,and now the only team he can start for is tampa who in reality is waiting to replace him with the rook.

While you guy's are debating whether or not Colt Brennan is arrogant or Chase Daniel is tall enough or Jason Campbell can make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball faster, you have totally missed the point. I am a Redskin fan, not a Colt Brennan fan or a Chase Daniel fan or even a Jason Campbell fan. Personally I don't care who throws the ball, the object is to win. I will root for whomever coach Zorn decides to put on the field.

Well said.

Meh, it's a Redskins message board. We're supposed to make a big deal out of everything going on with the Skins. I'm pretty sure I've even seen threads about players getting new hairstyles, piercings, and radio rumors about them beating their kids with baseball bats. I'd put the battle for #3QB a little higher on the list of importance than those things.

I do hate Laron Landry's lip piercing though :D

Reality delusional...how many SBs is JC taking us to?

Unknown delusional...Colt taking us to many SBs.

Switch that around and you are pretty close...

The QB playing had a lot better chance than Colt or Chase.

Those guys chances of ever even taking an NFL snap are only slightly better than yours and mine. lol

i personally dont think anyone actually likes daniel, i think people just get tired of hearing colt and want to see daniels get the job to shut people up. the only legit fan he has is the guy from mizzou who knows how tall he is lol.

daniel has played 1 quarter of football in the preseason. hes being judged off of 15 minutes of playing time and the notion that hes got good footwork. LOL

Of course it matters. It can matter to teams that are in the playoff hunt who's QBs get injured. I seem to remember Philly a few years back losing their top two QBs and Koy Detmer coming in and holding down the fort and getting into the playoffs. You want the best guy in for the job.

Things happen and you want every i dotted and t crossed.

I mean it's a fight for the 3rd QB spot (colt or chase will not see the field this year I hope) Todd is the back up QB if Jcam gets injured and if jcam doesn't work out this year the skins will draft a QB so I think chase or colt will never start as a redskin QB

The skins QB situation:

JC has yet to prove he's a franchise type QB, perhaps he will this year, but so far the results have been mixed at best. The team agrees with this point of view, otherwise he would be locked into a multi-year extension contract by now.

Collins is 38, a capable backup, but not something you want to build an offense around, especially looking at the future. This could be his last year.

Colt/Chase both have talent, Brennan will make the team unless he really stinks it up tonight in Jax. I think the humbling Brennan has undergone was an important and necessary lesson for him.

The bottom line is developing QB talent is very important, the skins can't just plan to draft a franchise QB next year, insert him in the lineup and everythings fine. Unless the team completely implodes this year their record will be too good to get a franchise QB unless they give away a lot of draft picks.

Best case scenario is either JC steps up and realizes his potential, or one of our young guns do. Either way Colt/Chase development is important, so the battle for #3 this year is really a battle for at least the #2 QB next year.

NFL football is all about marketing a product ... to increase market share you must have a glamorous QB. Despite the euphoria over Cooley's 73 yd RAC ... the jury is still out on Campbell. For that matter, it is speculative whether Colt or Chase have what it takes to be the marque QB of the Skins' future. The 2010 college Draft is rich with "pretty boy" candidates. Nothing is established at this point and all options are on the table. So yea ... it doesn't matter and the sun will come up tomorrow.

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But, hey, at least it gives us something else to bicker about until the season starts.

I somebody else a fan of Yahtzee? Zero Punctuation?

Because I have been wanting to use that as a reply for weeks now...

I mean it's a fight for the 3rd QB spot (colt or chase will not see the field this year I hope) Todd is the back up QB if Jcam gets injured and if jcam doesn't work out this year the skins will draft a QB so I think chase or colt will never start as a redskin QB

I see mentions of our #1 and #2, but who are those other scrubs you mentioned?

Do they play football, too?

Archived