Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN:Umenyiora frustrated with new DC (May miss 1st game?)

bigyim

All,

If you haven't heard, today Osi Umenyiora has had a disagreement with the Giants' new DC, Bill Sherisdan, and skipped out on practice...much to the chagrin of notorious martinet Tom Coughlin.

this topic is in the ATL forum, but it may impinge directly on the Skins, per Matt Moseley:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/2585/report-umenyiora-frustrated-with-new-dc

So what sort of punishment will Umenyiora face? Well, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't start in the season opener against the Redskins.

Honestly, I don't really want this to happen, because it would me much more satisfying to beat them at "full strength", but it's info to be aware of, because many of us would believe that Osi sitting out would give us a better chance to win.

Not sure it will make a differnce either way.... Ooh, I just hit 100 posts and it only took me 5 years.

With that non comment I can see why. Really no slam but what are you intending to convey? That the Giants will beat the Skins anyway with or without him, or that it is simply the Skins turn as Micheal Strahan won't be breaking out of a Lombardi ballon before the game starts?:laugh::gaintsuck

Not sure it will make a differnce either way.... Ooh, I just hit 100 posts and it only took me 5 years.

Quality, not quantity, babe. ;)

To your 1 st comment, the Gmen have proved that they can rush the passer regardless. What may be of more interest is the possibility of a rift between the Giants' most notable defensive player and its' DC. It may be just a personality clash, or there may be a difference in approach/philosophy between Sheridan and Spagnuolo that may take the Giants some time to acclimate towards. Or, this may be total BS "wish list" stuff on my part.

Any way, it bears monitoring at Sept. 13 approaches.

All,

If you haven't heard, today Osi Umenyiora has had a disagreement with the Giants' new DC, Bill Sherisdan, and skipped out on practice...much to the chagrin of notorious martinet Tom Coughlin.

this topic is in the ATL forum, but it may impinge directly on the Skins, per Matt Moseley:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/2585/report-umenyiora-frustrated-with-new-dc

So what sort of punishment will Umenyiora face? Well, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't start in the season opener against the Redskins.

Honestly, I don't really want this to happen, because it would me much more satisfying to beat them at "full strength", but it's info to be aware of, because many of us would believe that Osi sitting out would give us a better chance to win.

eh, it says start. That just means he sits out the D's first play and comes in the second

It's one person's opinion and the word "start" could mean a bunch of different things. One play? One series? A quarter?

And I am *SO* sick of hearing, "Oh no, I want to play them at full strength! ROOOOOOOOOAR!" crap. Quick, who was on the injury list for the Vikings in the NFC Championship?! Oh, that's right, you don't remember and don't care because all that matters is the "W".

Losers are the only ones who make excuses by saying "Oh, Player X wasn't playing so it doesn't count." Winners just take the win, remember that there is very rarely a game wherein EVERY starter was able to play EVERY down, and move closer to the playoffs.

It's one person's opinion and the word "start" could mean a bunch of different things. One play? One series? A quarter?

And I am *SO* sick of hearing, "Oh no, I want to play them at full strength! ROOOOOOOOOAR!" crap. Quick, who was on the injury list for the Vikings in the NFC Championship?! Oh, that's right, you don't remember and don't care because all that matters is the "W".

Losers are the only ones who make excuses by saying "Oh, Player X wasn't playing so it doesn't count." Winners just take the win, remember that there is very rarely a game wherein EVERY starter was able to play EVERY down, and move closer to the playoffs.

Thank you! That is exactly what I try to tell people.

Do you think the Giants fans would care if Portis misses the game?

Click link for entire article

Report: Umenyiora frustrated with new DC

August 31, 2009

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora left the club's practice facility today in the Meadowlands after a disagreement with new defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan, according to a report from Star-Ledger beat writer Mike Garafolo. I have confirmed that report with a league source this afternoon.

Apparently Umenyiora was upset that Sheridan called him out during a film session that began this morning at about 8 a.m. ET. By the time the Giants were ready to practice at 1:30 p.m. ET, Umenyiora was long gone. I'm told that Umenyiora has never done anything like this in the past. And it was telling that Tom Coughlin faced the media this afternoon and said he was still waiting for an explanation.

Thank you! That is exactly what I try to tell people.

Do you think the Giants fans would care if Portis misses the game?

No but the Giants are proven to be consistently good and have a track record of beating other good teams. The Redskins have more to prove. I don't care if every Giants starter is out personally but I can understand the mentality of wanting to beat the best so it feels like more of an accomplishment.

Didn't change anything last year. Just sayin'

Who cares....theirs no I in team. They didn't have Osi last year and beat us twice. Our Oline is improved since last year......I believe we have enough fire power this year to put a sweep on the Giants. Mark my words, Giants will be last in the division this year. Stop Brandon Jacobs to put the game on Eli's shoulders and you just beat the Giants. We will FINALLY see this year that Sheli Manning stinks without throwing to a 6"5 Plaxico Burress. Culpepper was a good example of having a WR that made him look good when you can just toss passes up to him.

As started elsewhere, "not starting" does not mean "not playing". However we really need to step back and realize that so far all we have is a guess as to the punishment by Matt Mosely. They may not do squat.

I do find it interesting that the G-Men have yet another player who can't always act like a professional. I'm wondering if this is just bad luck or if the Giants locker room breeds this kind of behavior.

Either way, the Skins will punish them on the 13th. Hail.

Great post NC21! When I read a post that contains the words "I hope he does play so they can't make any excuses when we win", I just stop reading right there.

We have lost many a game where I figured not having one of our starters(Springs comes to mind) would have made the difference between a win and a loss. And nobody comming up to me after such a loss would ever provide any consolation by pointing it out. So....ANYTHING this side of a lightning strike taking out the whole of the opposing teams bench, I will always be happy with the W, no matter how fairly its obtained.

Hail

Who cares if he plays or not. They beat us last year without him twice because all they have to do is put Kiwi in as his replacement. Whats more interesting is the new defensive coordinator causing a rift in the locker room. I remember when they first had Steve Spags and the giants defense was horrible cause they didn't like him and the scheme.

Archived