Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Disc jockey DJ AM dies

Toe Jam

Link

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Nearly a year after surviving a plane crash in South Carolina, disc jockey Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found dead in his New York apartment Friday afternoon, his publicist said. He was 36.

"The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear," his publicist, Jenni Weinman, said in a statement confirming the performer's death. "Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

click link for more

per superficial:

http://thesuperficial.com/2009/08/dj_am_found_dead.php

Less than a year after narrowly surviving a fiery plane crash, DJ AM was found dead this afternoon in his New York apartment. A drug overdose is believed to be the cause. TMZ reports:

Law enforcement sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

We're told DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the police, who broke down the door and then found DJ AM's body.

Way to make the most of a second chance at life. Well played.

If a drug overdose is indeed the cause of death, I couldn't agree more with the final sentence.

sounds like he's been through things and died early but how was he famous?

More popular and known about on the west coast.

Basically DJ'd at every club in the Hollywood area. Basically, became a "celeb" because of this.

Also, dating Richie, and Mandy Moore didn't hurt

It's hard for me to feel sorry for anybody these days who die using drugs. There have been thousands and thousands of drug overdoses and for someone to not think it's going to eventually happen to them is just ignorant.

Given your name, I found this interesting. It's a shame, but I tend to agree.

~Bang

Archived