Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Reason Campbell Was Pulled Early

Gregpeck99

1st team OL stayed in til almost the end of the 1st half. Collins played with them.

Portis, Cooley and Moss did leave though.

No. At least Bridges, Rinehart, and Williams all came in on the o-line in the 2nd quarter.

So essentially, not just was Campbell pulled, but the entire 1st team. Making this thread pointless.

It means that 1st quarter was over argument means nothing.

You don't pull your 1st string QB when he's sucking and put in the back-up that was scheduled not to even play.

you didn't allow him to get in rhythm or anything... why pull him?

can't be for fear of injury... MOST other QB's in the league played a full half. Many were in long enough to rack up 100+ yards.

So if most other teams only used three down linemen then the Redskins should too?

I just cant believe how stupid some people are on these boards. Absolutely blows my mind. And to think that some of these idiots on here are between 50 and 60 years old even further blows my mind.

Thank you for that well thought out retort. Maybe next time you will find a way to actually put some content in your berating.

On the same note: It amazes me the rudeness exhibited by some of the posters on this board.

You didn't answer the question ... what did Coach see that YOU said he saw?

I don't ****ing know. I never said I knew what he saw.

But trying to act as if you know more about the game of football than Zorn does, given your reputation, is stupid. Give it a rest, you're a joke.

Dear Mr. President of Colt '45' Fan Club,

Inquiring minds would like to know what Colt Brennan has done so far to warrant even becoming our #2 QB. Please be factual.

Sane Fans

Stay on topic. Campbell is having a very poor camp. The Coach should have played him more than two series ... one of which was prolonged by a gadget paly the other a

3NOUT ... to get the kinks out and boost his confidence. He did not and I want to know why. Its a legitimate questiion given the surrounding circumstances.

Stay on topic. Campbell is having a very poor camp. The Coach should have played him more than two series ... one of which was prolonged by a gadget paly the other a

3NOUT ... to get the kinks out and boost his confidence. He did not and I want to know why. Its a legitimate questiion given the surrounding circumstances.

What do you think is the reason Zorn didn't play any of the 1st team offensive players after the first 1st quarter?

I don't ****ing know. I never said I knew what he saw.

But trying to act as if you know more about the game of football than Zorn does, given your reputation, is stupid. Give it a rest, you're a joke.

I guess you trust Mr. Infallible Coach. I don't. As for your personal feelings about me ... please don't let it ruin your life.

What do you think is the reason Zorn didn't play any of the 1st team offensive players after the first 1st quarter?

As I stated in my post, I favor possibility No. 1. I think the Coach is under the gun to bring Campbell along and he has not met expectations ... everyone can see that. I think the FO has given him a short leash ... maybe even a timetable ... to make a decision on Campbell. I think that process is happening right now. Certainly, if Campbell underperforms against the Pats ... both he and the Coach are in trouble. What do you think?

This actually is a good post. I'm left wondering today the same thing. Why not play the starters longer. Sure the first drive was great, but a fake punt in an NFL preseason game has to have a higher probability for success than in the regular season. Who expects a fake punt during the preseason? Also we didn't punch it in for a TD although i knew Betts most likely wouldn't get it in and hopefully Portis would be in for that anyways. I thought Zorn said the starters might play until he sees production. I think he should have stuck with that at least until the half.

The good thing was that the plays were there, just needed better execution. I won't pretend to know for sure it was all on Campbell making bad throws... maybe the WRs didn't run exactly where they were supposed to go. But at least the plays were open. This leads back to the beginning though, why didn't the starters play more to work on better execution?

Or it could just be we have an amateur HC who learns little, and goes against conventional logic that when your jobs on the line, and you place yourself in charge of a unit that couldn't score for **** through a calamitous mid-season on collapse the previous year, you'd want to give those very same players and yourself as much game time practice as possible to give them some much needed confidence and cohesion in getting your playbook down; and is instead approaching this like a seasoned veteran, confidently pulling his personally touted stars, safe in the knowledge this highly efficient offensive unit will step up a gear come Week 1 in NY like we've all come to love. :doh:

Hail.

As I stated in my post, I favor possibility No. 1. I think the Coach is under the gun to bring Campbell along and he has not met expectations ... everyone can see that. I think the FO has given him a short leash ... maybe even a timetable ... to make a decision on Campbell. I think that process is happening right now. Certainly, if Campbell underperforms against the Pats ... both he and the Coach are in trouble. What do you think?
Your reason #1 (which you already admitted was probably nuts because you simply like conspiracies) was that Snyder and Vinny told Zorn to get rid of Campbell because they wanted to see Collins.

If that were the case- why wouldn't Collins come in and play with Moss, Portis, Cooley, Samuels, etc.? Not Rinehart, Cartwright, Fred Davis, and D.J. Hackett?

I think this thread would be more valid after the 3rd preseason game. I say that because its when the team is suppose to actually gameplan and preform well. The starters play for at least a half. Greg, while I don't disagree with you completely I think your timing is off.

Just hold off until after the Patriots game when Campbell goes 6-17 for like 68 yards and then this thread might hold more water :)

For those who are ok with 1-7 for 10 yards. Wow.

No. At least Bridges, Rinehart, and Williams all came in on the o-line in the 2nd quarter.

So essentially, not just was Campbell pulled, but the entire 1st team. Making this thread pointless.

that's not what the media guys game report said. He said the 1st team OL was in til there was about 5 minutes left in the half. Giving Collins 2 full series with the starting OL.

Your reason #1 (which you already admitted was probably nuts because you simply like conspiracies) was that Snyder and Vinny told Zorn to get rid of Campbell because they wanted to see Collins.

If that were the case- why wouldn't Collins come in and play with Moss, Portis, Cooley, Samuels, etc.? Not Rinehart, Cartwright, Fred Davis, and D.J. Hackett?

Jeremey Bridges was the only backup playing w/ Collins I'm watching the replay right now.

Edit: ok now Reinhart's in for Collins 2nd series.

Ok now its all back ups with less than a minute to go so I guess everyone was right. lol.

What's there to debate? JC went 1 for 7 had 10 yards and played A whole Quarter with the starters. I really really like jc and have pulled for him, but the brotha is makin it hard to keep making excuses. He will probably play at least a half on Friday. He really needs to step it up.

BTW, every last Redskin improved last night except JC & CB. =(

Edit: Even Justin Tryon showed a little something! Last week he had 1 foot out the back door.

Archived