Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Reason Campbell Was Pulled Early

Gregpeck99

It is mystifying when your No. 1 QB is underperforming and he is not given a chance to play in preseason. What gives? This definitely is not kosher. I suggest several theories to explain this:

1. Coach Z was ordered by the FO to pull Jason after his brief, but dismal display so that Todd Collins could show what he had.

2. Zorn pulled him on his own initiative to settle him down and save the two of them from further embarrasment.

3. Everthing is normal and Coach Z only wanted Jason to get some "down field shots" with the first string offensive line.

4. Everything now is on the line in the Pats game and Jason is being set up to fail.

I favor reason No. 1. because I'm into conspiracies. Reason No. 2 constitutes an admission that Jason is not the guy. Reason No. 3 is too preposterous to even contemplate with only one more meaningful preseason game against none other than the Pats. Reason No. 4 actually is plausible.

So why was Campbell so conspicuously removed from the game last night after only two series and going 1 for 7? What do you all think? Are there other possibilites? This is an intriguing mystery. Please feel free to share.

He played the whole first quarter.

Have you watched any of the other 2nd pre-season games?

we are very much in the minority only playing the 1st string QB for 1 quarter.

most played a full half.

Of teams with QB positions not open to competition.. I think Favre and Rodgers were the only ones to play just a quarter.

But that also could be because of the typical 3 series run... a lot of other QB's 3 series lasted well into the 2nd quarter or to the half...

most played a full half.

Of teams with QB positions not open to competition.. I think Favre and Rodgers were the only ones to play just a quarter.

What does that have to do with anything?

Zorn saw what he saw, and took him out.

What does that have to do with anything?

Zorn saw what he saw, and took him out.

It means that 1st quarter was over argument means nothing.

You don't pull your 1st string QB when he's sucking and put in the back-up that was scheduled not to even play.

you didn't allow him to get in rhythm or anything... why pull him?

can't be for fear of injury... MOST other QB's in the league played a full half. Many were in long enough to rack up 100+ yards.

most played a full half.

But that also could be because of the typical 3 series run... a lot of other QB's 3 series lasted well into the 2nd quarter or to the half...

oh no, we're not acting just like every other team in the league! Big deal.

It means that 1st quarter was over argument means nothing.

You don't pull your 1st string QB when he's sucking and put in the back-up that was scheduled not to even play.

you didn't allow him to get in rhythm or anything... why pull him?

can't be for fear of injury... MOST other QB's in the league played a full half. Many were in long enough to rack up 100+ yards.

The thread topic was asking why he was pulled early...

He was pulled at the start of the second half. That's hardly early for the 2nd preseason game.

If he gets taken out after the 1st quarter in the upcoming game, that's telling. I'll wait til then to make a thread like this.

The thread topic was asking why he was pulled early...

He was pulled at the start of the second half. That's hardly early for the 2nd preseason game.

If he gets taken out after the 1st quarter in the upcoming game, that's telling. I'll wait til then to make a thread like this.

he was pulled very beginning of second quarter... not second half.

he basically only played the first quarter.

and it was early compared to the rest of the league... MOSTLY only teams with competition at QB did that.

We also didn't play Moss, Portis, or Cooley for the 2nd quarter either. And I don't remember seeing Samuels, Thomas, or Rabach out there as well.

Really, the whole 1st team was pulled with Campbell.

1st team OL stayed in til almost the end of the 1st half. Collins played with them.

Portis, Cooley and Moss did leave though.

This is perfect example as to why TMZ is so popular, controversy sells. Doc Gloom is here to stir the pot, nothing more. This is pure fabrication on his part, nowhere has this been reported. Maybe he is hoping that this will be the talk of the Lavar show or picked up by PFT.com. It is the sad state of society, we are heading not to George Orwell's vision of big brother, but to the movie Idiocracy starring Luke Wilson.

Have at it squids.

All this qb conversation is pointless now. The 'Skins offensive staff, being the brilliant innovators that they are, unleashed the new bread and butter offensive weapon that will carry us to victory all season: the fake punt.

Armed with that, right before the season opener, Zorn will give a stirring speech before Redskins nation that will inspire like none before, a la Winston Churchill:

We shall not be flagged nor fail. We shall go for it on 4th down to the end. We shall fight in the NFC East at home and on the road; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the kicking game. We shall defend our goaline whatever the cost may be; we shall fight in the trenches, opponent's backfields, along the sidelines, in the running game and passing. We shall never surrender...

velocet

most played a full half.

its not about playing time as much as it is passes. Some of these QB's are throwing the ball 15-16 times a game and Campbell hasn't thrown that much in TWO games. Look at what Romo sits to pee did the other night or how many throws McNabb had in the Indy game.

Zorn is slow. And I mean by that he doesn't seem to learn quickly. I am not sure he understands that Campbell is having problems because if he did wouldn't he be staying with Jason and letting him work out the kinks?

Archived