Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Reason Campbell Was Pulled Early

Gregpeck99

Jeremey Bridges was the only backup playing w/ Collins I'm watching the replay right now.

Edit: ok now Reinhart's in for Collins 2nd series.

Ok now its all back ups with less than a minute to go so I guess everyone was right. lol.

Tandler had Montgomery, Batiste, and Rinehart listed as the linemen for most of the 2nd quarter, and the first series had Heyer at LT and Bridges at RT. It wouldn't even matter really.

The fact is, besides Randy Thomas, Rabach, Dockery, and Heyer playing barely into the 2nd quarter (while Heyer switched sides), none of the other starters played. Not just Campbell.

So whatever point the OP was trying to make with singling out Campbell is lost.

It is mystifying when your No. 1 QB is underperforming and he is not given a chance to play in preseason. What gives? This definitely is not kosher. I suggest several theories to explain this:

1. Coach Z was ordered by the FO to pull Jason after his brief, but dismal display so that Todd Collins could show what he had.

2. Zorn pulled him on his own initiative to settle him down and save the two of them from further embarrasment.

3. Everthing is normal and Coach Z only wanted Jason to get some "down field shots" with the first string offensive line.

4. Everything now is on the line in the Pats game and Jason is being set up to fail.

I favor reason No. 1. because I'm into conspiracies. Reason No. 2 constitutes an admission that Jason is not the guy. Reason No. 3 is too preposterous to even contemplate with only one more meaningful preseason game against none other than the Pats. Reason No. 4 actually is plausible.

So why was Campbell so conspicuously removed from the game last night after only two series and going 1 for 7? What do you all think? Are there other possibilites? This is an intriguing mystery. Please feel free to share.

reason #3 is probably closest to the truth. He played the first qtr. and that's all Zorn planned for. However I do think that #4 comes into play, this is an important upcoming game for JC. If he stinks it up again, there will be a lot of pressure for Zorn to do something different. The skins actually have a lot of talent at the receiver position, and if the right QB comes in they could put up a lot of points with the WC offense. Our team has too much talent for the skins to settle for poor QB play.

Hopefully either JC improves greatly, or he stinks it up bad enough for them to make a change.

How about reason #5: we have 4 QBs on the roster and need to evaluate all of them. Especially since we will likely only keep three QBs and there is uncertainty about our QB situation in the future.

This reason isn't as sexy as the others proposed and doesn't neatly fit into an agenda, unfortunatly...

he threw 7 passes, a lot of them were horrible, and he completed 1 of them. give me a friggin break.

he actually threw 8, two were caught, two were spiked directly intot he ground intentionally and one was deflected.

:shhh: facts ruin an agenda

Zorn said 1 quarter before the game

No Zorn said on 980 before the game, until he scores some points. And the interviewer said.Ya that is the point of the offense, It pissed JZ off. But he did seem to say he would play JC till he scored and got into a rhythm, cause he wasn't able last game. Does anybody know why the 980 guy hates this offense so much, Or he has something against zorn, Its real obvious.

you dont need to outscore your opponent dude, duh!

Apparently you are correct. :D :D

Also, the QB who went 16-0 and passed for 4800 yards, 69%, 50 TD's and 8 Int's in 2007 needs to play an entire half in 2 straight preseason games. He had a lot of things to work on it seems.

The guy who has not been offered a contract, was almost replaced by Cutler, or a #1 Draft Pick, couldn't find wide open receivers or the endzone all 2008, and passed for 3200 yards 62% 13 TD's and 6 Ints, only needs 14 throws over 2 quarters of play in 2 games.

It all makes a lot more sense now. By not playing him the only thing that makes sense at all is that Campbell is finished here.

I mean to not play him and then tell us after the NYG game, then the next 15 games, that Campbell has things to improve on is just completely moronic. We already played out that season. It's over. Jason Candle is finished with the Redskins is all I can get out of him being pulled and not evaluated on anything other than verifying that yep he can't hit the broad side of a barn if you put it more than 15 yards away from him.

Does anybody know why the 980 guy hates this offense so much, Or he has something against zorn, Its real obvious.

ROFL!!!!

Did you really just type that?

Lets see:

Points Scored

Raiders 262

Redskins 265

Lions 268

What QB is considered a bigger bust so far than Jamarcus Russel? But he was actully doing much better toward the end of the year unlike our guy. And the Lions were QB'd by like 3-4 different scrubs would wouldn't even be backups on many teams. We have offensive weapons, an actual OL, neither of those teams do.

Need more?

Apparently you are correct. :D :D

Also, the QB who went 16-0 and passed for 4800 yards, 69%, 50 TD's and 8 Int's in 2007 needs to play an entire half in 2 straight preseason games. He had a lot of things to work on it seems.

The guy who has not been offered a contract, was almost replaced by Cutler, or a #1 Draft Pick, couldn't find wide open receivers or the endzone all 2008, and passed for 3200 yards 62% 13 TD's and 6 Ints, only needs 14 throws over 2 quarters of play in 2 games.

It all makes a lot more sense now. By not playing him the only thing that makes sense at all is that Campbell is finished here.

I mean to not play him and then tell us after the NYG game, then the next 15 games, that Campbell has things to improve on is just completely moronic. We already played out that season. It's over. Jason Candle is finished with the Redskins is all I can get out of him being pulled and not evaluated on anything other than verifying that yep he can't hit the broad side of a barn if you put it more than 15 yards away from him.

lol, the sad thing is hes still gonna start day one, and sad thing again is, he'll look identical to how he does now and how hes always looked.

cause he IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!

You folks can't see our deficiencies on the line and at WR. Not to mention our backs aren't receiving threats, and Zorn is still basically a complete noob when it comes to running a team, let alone being an OC and QB coach. Thrash our 3 only had 30 catches in 3 years. 3 years. The two guys in front of him probably are not even 5'10.

It's all on Jason? Facepalmer.

You folks can't see our deficiencies on the line and at WR. Not to mention our backs aren't receiving threats, and Zorn is still basically a complete noob when it comes to running a team, let alone being an OC and QB coach. Thrash our 3 only had 30 catches in 3 years. 3 years. The two guys in front of him probably are not even 5'10.

It's all on Jason? Facepalmer.

yeah the line was so bad last night, letting portis and betts march down the field. and man, campbell got sacked and hit so many times! not to mention all our receivers are terrible, like that pro bowl tight end, or that pro bowl WR, or our other HUGE rookies who are more than capable of catching a ball that isnt thrown into the stands or into the dirt.

ask malcolm kelly how much he liked campbells first pass, that was a sure fire TD from any real QB, yet ours underthrew it badly and it should have been picked. next time i hear that our rookies cant run routes, just rewatch that play and see whos fault it was.

ROFL!!!!

Did you really just type that?

Lets see:

Points Scored

Raiders 262

Redskins 265

Lions 268

What QB is considered a bigger bust so far than Jamarcus Russel? But he was actully doing much better toward the end of the year unlike our guy. And the Lions were QB'd by like 3-4 different scrubs would wouldn't even be backups on many teams. We have offensive weapons, an actual OL, neither of those teams do.

Need more?

Ya but I thought these guys were the voice of the Redskins. 980 and all.

Archived