Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tonights Parking Impression

Howie411

I posted this in the primary parking thread:

Not getting good reports so far. My wife just called to tell me that they aren't even asking whether they are tailgating or not. They are just directing each car to a specific space in order. In fact they parked her next to a big burgundy Redskins boxcar truck in a space so narrow that she couldn't get the driver side door open and had to crawl out of the passenger side of the car to get out.

She says it's sort of nice that since they are directing folk she could tailgate behind her car without fear of blocking traffic or getting run over, but she was not allowed to park where she wanted; being there for tailgating. She was not allowed to go to the area in the far back of the lot that we like to park in...she was directed up front into a space alongside other people. She wasn't even asked if she was there for tailgating.

(She had an orange pass FWIW)

I parked in the new "grey" lot, was not so bad getting in, but it was a cluster muck getting out. Took about 40 minz to get out, I had no problem in my truck but there were cars stuck in the mud spinning there wheels etc.. was just as annoying as getting out of Nissan Pavillion after a show.. If I could go back to Apollo i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to express my disgust at Stadium management. I just had the worst experience of ever going to a Redskins game. This was my first game since I became a season ticket holder and I was assigned the new gray lot. This so called lot is in a field at least 2 miles from the stadium with nothing but gravel paths, and huge uncut grass. Numerous cars including mine got stuck in the mud and to top it off a pick of metal wire sticking out of the ground scraped in the side of my car the entire drivers side. I have never been so mad at being in a game in my life! Anyone else have issues?

I had no problems. Got there at 3:45, pulled in on Arena Drive and drove smoothly into the Green Lot. No staff directing anybody specific place. There was just a sign that said parkers one way and tailgaters the other. Parked right next to F-50 and found a nice spot of grass.

I posted this in the primary parking thread:

Not getting good reports so far. My wife just called to tell me that they aren't even asking whether they are tailgating or not. They are just directing each car to a specific space in order. In fact they parked her next to a big burgundy Redskins boxcar truck in a space so narrow that she couldn't get the driver side door open and had to crawl out of the passenger side of the car to get out.

She says it's sort of nice that since they are directing folk she could tailgate behind her car without fear of blocking traffic or getting run over, but she was not allowed to park where she wanted; being there for tailgating. She was not allowed to go to the area in the far back of the lot that we like to park in...she was directed up front into a space alongside other people. She wasn't even asked if she was there for tailgating.

(She had an orange pass FWIW)

I parked in orange tonight, while they may have suggested you to park in a certain location, they weren't necessarily demanding it either. There was a ton of space in the lot and I got there right before kickoff.

It was pretty much smooth sailing for me. No problems...in fact it was the easiest in and out I have had in 8 years.

I arrived at about 5:30pm in the handicapped lot in front of Gate E and there were dozens of handicapped spaces available. When I went into the stadium at about 6:45 pm, there were still a few spaces available.

My only problem was construction on BW Parkway which forced me to detour through Laurel and down route 1. Won't make that mistake again this season. Back to 95 for me.

Just wanted to express my disgust at Stadium management. I just had the worst experience of ever going to a Redskins game. This was my first game since I became a season ticket holder and I was assigned the new gray lot. This so called lot is in a field at least 2 miles from the stadium with nothing but gravel paths, and huge uncut grass. Numerous cars including mine got stuck in the mud and to top it off a pick of metal wire sticking out of the ground scraped in the side of my car the entire drivers side. I have never been so mad at being in a game in my life! Anyone else have issues?

If you saw a black Honda Civic stuck sideways in that mush partially blocking the gravel road, that was usv:doh: First time experience at Fedex, and I was disgusted with the parking services. At least the *********s at the entrance could've warned us of the sinking mud when we came in.

Other than that, the stadium is pretty nice and Skins fans were pretty cool about all the Steeler fans there. Appreciate the hospitality. Fun game ;)

Yah we were a bit disappointed about the grey lot. My car as soon as it went into the grass sank. Didnt even get a chance to park it, half of the car was sticking out into the gravel road but I couldnt move it. There were numerous other cars stuck and not a damn stick or piece of wood in sight to help with traction. They have a complementary tow truck service that drove around unstucking people for free. Had to wait awhile though. If they would just leave like planks of wood out there randomly it would be fine.

Also falcon its not 2 miles. Its about a mile. 2 miles walking at an average speed would take like 30-40 mins. it took us maybe 15 mins max from the grey lot and we were not walking that fast.

I need to mention that I brought a steelers fan with me, when we got to our seats there was a party of 6 steelers sitting in them so we sat one row down later to realize it was like 50/50 skins and steelers fans around us.

I entered the green lot from Central Avenue about 6:30 and it was pretty much of a zoo. Took at least 30 minutes to get from the Beltway to the lot (very long lines for green and orange lots). In the lot itself, there was no one directing traffic anywhere. Tailgaters were in every row, many taking up three or four spots. I had to drive around in the green lot for another 7 or 8 minutes until I found a spot (which had just been vacated by a tailgater). There were no attendants in the lot. A real zoo. Leaving, however, we had no problem -- I think we were out of the lot and on the Beltway in 10 minutes.

I waffled about going due to weather but finally decided to go. Have never been to the stadium that late for a game. Arrived about 7:00. What a mess but admit is was my own fault! Not sure whether everyone did what I did or if that's typical. Seems like taking those red lots away on Arena drive has really jammed up the traffic. I used to get in easily using the 2 left lanes but it took my 45 minutes to arrive at a green lot on the opposite side of the stadium.

I do think they should give you advance notice if a lot is full. I crawled in a line to find one green lot full, then made me and many others cross multiple lanes to another line.

I waffled about going due to weather but finally decided to go. Have never been to the stadium that late for a game. Arrived about 7:00. What a mess but admit is was my own fault! Not sure whether everyone did what I did or if that's typical. Seems like taking those red lots away on Arena drive has really jammed up the traffic. I used to get in easily using the 2 left lanes but it took my 45 minutes to arrive at a green lot on the opposite side of the stadium.

I do think they should give you advance notice if a lot is full. I crawled in a line to find one green lot full, then made me and many others cross multiple lanes to another line.

This was my experience as well. I usually go METRO, but my friends who were with me were pretty upset about the wasted time driving across a bunch of parking lots to get to the one they wanted us to park in. They are writing a letter of complaint about the poor organization. ;)

I entered the green lot from Central Avenue about 6:30 and it was pretty much of a zoo. Took at least 30 minutes to get from the Beltway to the lot (very long lines for green and orange lots). .

That's to be expected, arriving an hour before the game.

Have never been to the stadium that late for a game. Arrived about 7:00. What a mess but admit is was my own fault! .

QFT

If you arrived at 7:00pm and still made it for kick-off, you did good.

Yah we were a bit disappointed about the grey lot. My car as soon as it went into the grass sank. Didnt even get a chance to park it, half of the car was sticking out into the gravel road but I couldnt move it. There were numerous other cars stuck and not a damn stick or piece of wood in sight to help with traction. They have a complementary tow truck service that drove around unstucking people for free. Had to wait awhile though. If they would just leave like planks of wood out there randomly it would be fine.

Also falcon its not 2 miles. Its about a mile. 2 miles walking at an average speed would take like 30-40 mins. it took us maybe 15 mins max from the grey lot and we were not walking that fast.

I need to mention that I brought a steelers fan with me, when we got to our seats there was a party of 6 steelers sitting in them so we sat one row down later to realize it was like 50/50 skins and steelers fans around us.

The parking lot is just a grass field? That stinks, glad I got moved to the red lot.

I was a little worried that my grey lot pass was going to put me way far away from the ES tailgate. Nothing to be worried about, it's maybe a 1/2 mile walk, not bad at all. No problems getting in or out for me. The only difference I noticed was that all the big tented tailgates were lined up on the grass at the back of the green lot. IMHO, as I suspected when they were announced, no big changes, no real problems from the new parking rules, much ado about nothing. What can I say, Redskins' fans love to ***** and moan, especially if they think it's Danny's fault.

On a side note, I don't know what you people drive but my lowered 83' VW blasted right out of the muddy grass of the grey lot without hesitation. If you were stuck, you may need to learn how to drive or get a car that's a little more badass than an 83' Krautwagen. :silly:

Not my best parking experience....but then again my party left VERY late and got to the stadium at like 7:45pm (left DC at 7:10pm).......Not sure I like the gates they put up in the parking lanes to filter traffic in on Morgan Blvd versus past years...seemed kind of a bottleneck to me.

Does anyone know what the best way to take into the stadium to get to the B3 Lot???

I can't figure out what that road is between B3 and A3 Limo Lot on the stadium map..........going on Morgan Blvd got me routed into Green Lot B4......

Anyhoo......it wasn't horrid.....just had to wait about 45 minutes at end for traffic to filter out then it was clear sailing.

Arrived too late to see anyone directing anyone where to park.....was kind of a free for all.....but I didn't have to park that far away......which i guess was kind of the point of putting tailgaters in the back.....

I do realize that putting tailgaters into the back of the lot will allow them to leave faster

The parking lot is just a grass field? That stinks, glad I got moved to the red lot.

Rick and I were talking yesterday on Arena Drive. The Red lots are cash parking and, according to the person he talked with, would be that way for the entire season.

I am interested in seeing how this plays out ...

cheers

Archived