Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tonights Parking Impression

Howie411

It was poring rain for some time before the game started; people with young children who do not tailgate have no interest in arriving two-three hours early so that they can spend hours waiting under cover in the concourse, where no-smoking laws are not enforced.

Karl said it so much better than I did, but that was my point.

Our kids are young. We figured the preseason game would be a great game to take them to for their first exposure to football. My mistake for figuring that 1 1/2 hours was enough to get from the New Hampshire Avenue exit in Silver Spring to the stadium. During rush hour, that same commute would have taken me 30 minutes tops. The last 45minutes or so was spent from the exit to the actual act of parking.

I'd leave earlier if it were just the two of us and plan on it. With younger kids, that's just not reasonable. They have a limited attention span and we wanted as much time during the actual game before they started to melt down. Had we left two hours earlier, yeah we would have gotten a spot, but then we'd of had to leave in the 1st quarter. Anyone who has gone to church with little kids present would have had it much worse had the parents with said kids showed up hours before the service.

Yeah, I also allowed double the time, but was hoping not to waste focused time on the pregame, so we could at least see the starters!

I'm not upset, and I know the regulars who posted on this thread are trying to help. I won't be driving again; if I score tickets to a game or two, I take METRO. I just didn't think the 4 year old could walk that far; silly me, he had the most energy of the group. He did tell me the best part of the night was walking up and down (and up and down and up and down) the stairs. Good thing we were in the 400's I guess! Remember those days, folks with grown kids? ;)

He did tell me the best part of the night was walking up and down (and up and down and up and down) the stairs. Good thing we were in the 400's I guess! Remember those days, folks with grown kids? ;)

LOL!

Absolutely.

We didn't take the boys to football games when they were 4 years old, but we did take them to minor league baseball games, (the Bowie Baysox).

All they remember about those games was the hot dogs, cracker jacks and rolling down the big grass hill,(on the 1st base side) with the rest of the kids.

Once again this post shows the warmth and concern our "Lil Napoleon" has for his fan base and makes sure that each one of us walks away from every game with our own special memories. Way to go Danny , thanx and hey for all the Love, go ahead and throw another dollar on the cost of those warm 12 oz beers.

Well, I went this time, determined to park in my section (the back of H3). I took the advice from the other thread and too 15B to Morgan and in. H3 was to my right as I approached the stadium, but they had all of the entrances to it chained off from that side. Lot staff tried to direct me left, but I just kept telling them that i wanted to go to H3. I drove almost all the way up to the stadium before I convinced one of them to open the chain for me, at which point I drove to the back of the lot and broke out the grill.

I talked to some of the staffers on my walk into the stadium before the game and asked them the proper way to get to this lot. They told me to take Arena and then just stay in the far left lane and I could be directed around to H3. I'll have to try that for the Rams game.

Yeah I ****ed & moaned last week, but honestly this week wasn't as bad in the grey lot. They put us in the big parking areas in the back where tailgating is allowed and it was fine. We got out in about 10 minz. They really should consider putting some pavement in certain parts, like the walk thru the woods that everybody seems to use to get back from the stadium. But all in all I don't really have any gripes. Wish I could blame Snyder for the rain, but i'll let him off easy this week :)

I was able to get to our spot in B3 with no problem. The only issue we had was after being directed to a spot on the first row and getting set up with the canopy, table and chairs the staffers came on their golf cart and made us move our set up to the opposite side because of the "road" which no care ever comes down. That was annoying as hell because we weren't blocking the road, a car could have easily gotten by and their was about 7 canopies already up on that "road."

Green lot parking was fine. They tried to direct us but we just rolled down our window and said 'we want to park over there', and they said 'ok so park there'

We got in and out in about 5 minutes. Showed up at 6 and left at the end of the game

It sucks that everyone behind us apparently got stuck in some nightmare bottleneck situation though

Parking was fine in the green F lots. No issues tailgating.

Only problem I do have is all the jack @$$es on Arena Drive who zoom ahead of everyone waiting patiently in the proper (far right hand lane) waiting to pull into F-3 when the lots open. Wait your turn or get their earlier. Don't freaking cut people off and people waiting in line don't let them in.

It was preseason so getting spots no big deal, but just a rant.

I used the Gray lot for the first time last night and found it to be quite excellent. Came in from 202 to Brightseat Road and had zero problems finding a good spot and exited quickly as well.

My friend and I actually like the lot with all the grass and trees with Fedex looming in the background. The green lots always felt way too crowded while Gray seems more relaxed, and yes I'm aware this was preseason, but still.

Archived