Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 things you wanna see in Preseason game 2.

NOLASKINSFAN

1. No injuries!

2. POINTS! Even if we don't win, score some points!

3. The 1st string offense to play 4 or 5 series. They need to build a little rythm and chemistry. I remember hearing Cooley say its tough to prepare for a game when you know you're going to play 1 or 2 series.

4. Albert make his debut. I want to see how much of a force he can be.

5. Orakpo to build on his 1st game performace

6. Thomas and Kelly to catch a few passes and make some plays

7. The secondary not get torched

8. A good KR/PR

9. Colt to bounce back from last week

10. Forcing a turnover would be nice

1.) Fletcher not biting on the rb moving out for a pass in the flat, this worried me from the first game. Play action wasnt even called on that play :(

2.) O-Line protection for Campbell

3.) Campbell hiting recievers, making reads, leadership, etc...

4.) Orakpo dominating!

5.) Our 1st string secondary on the pass coverage!

6.) Tryon to defend atleast 1 play thrown at him and Barnes not biting on a weak pump fake

7.) Colt to step up even though our second and third string O-line is horrendous

8.) Some hope that we have depth in our roster! Everyone STAY HEALTHY!

9.) A good drive from our 1st string offense and 7 points

10.) Haynesworth!

1 ) no injuries

2) 2nd/3rd string O line show that they can play to the level required to plug a hole when someone goes down. haven't seen this yet, and its the biggest question mark on the team

3 ) same intesity fro

m the D Line we saw last week - Jarmon, Orakpo, Dixon, Carter, etc... Hopefully we can spread thist o the rest of the team. Also worth mentioning Hall had this intesity level

4) Offense get into a rhythem... JC make quick decisions

5) no more dropped passes/missed opportunities, we had a few.

6) the backup RB's show that they are capable of being a complement to Portis. I haven't seen it yet

7) Would love to see the competition @ kicker, everything i've read says its the best competition in camp

8) Lets see SOMETHING from a PR/KR. Anything...

9) Punter continue to make booming, high hanging, well placed kicks.

10) Competition. I want to see every player playing like they are actually fighting for a job. I haven't seen it from anyone but the first string.

1. avg 4+ seconds of unhurried "quality QB time" in the pocket on passing plays

2. establishment of a "go-to" 4+ yard rushing play ... (e.g., 40 Gut)

3. establishment of a "go-to" 7+ yard passing play ... (e.g., Charlie Hitch)

4. Campbell acting like he demands excellence from his squad

5. Campbell acting like he lives and dies based on the success of each play

6. tight DB coverage

7. death and burial of "prevent defense" for the rest of the season

8. going for it on 4th downs between the 50 and the 30

9. Carter, Orakpo, Jarmon and Wilson on the D-Line for 3 and longs

10. Zorn to demonstrate a creative, effective and responsive offensive attack plan

Well I want to see EVERYBODY in the starting lineup play. No I don't want Clinton Portis hurt or Moss hurt or Campbell or anybody for that matter. But some of you are foolish for believing that the Redskins offense can just lollygag through the preseason and then just suddenly "TURN IT ON'' opening day.

If we know ANYTHING at all about this team even throught the Gibbs 4 years, its that lack of scoring in preseason translates into the same thing in regular season. The FIRST team needs to stay in until they learn how to score because believe me, they won't win many games this year without scoring. They might be HEALTHY by not playing, but they won't be scoring.

1) looking forward to a hopeful change in the predicted storms

2) looking forward to bringing my wife and sons

3) looking forward to sitting at the bottom of the 400 level instead of the very top row.

4) looking forward to using my newest camera... a significant upgrade from last season

5) looking forward to real effort and real scores from real players... hoping to avoid the inevitable "it's just pre-season" excuses

Big Al against an O line as porous as ours, and everything that may or may not result from that; and more a curiosity than "looking forward to", but I'm real interested to see how long the starting O gets, and whether or not Zorn has learned anything and opens it up, or plays as vanilla as last week and benefits them little.

Hail.

Archived