Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 things you wanna see in Preseason game 2.

NOLASKINSFAN

1) No Injuries (should go w/o saying but... )

2) Limited penalties. (very impressed during the Ravens game)

3) More of the same from Jason, just slightly faster pace. (2 series max, we don't need excess film on the First team offense, keep it medium)

4) Switching out BMW with the first team so we can see what we have.

5) Maybe a few touches for CP, but the newer guys rotating all night. (Is RC's time up)

6) PR/KR...please God let there be someone else capable. (wishful thinking)

7) 1 good series with both Big Al and Orakpo. (then Al can relax, no film needed on him)

8) Score is irrelevant, but FG/KO so we can see if we have a competition. (wishful thinking, again)

9) Tyron, redeem yourself! Barnes.... try (Fred Davis gets a honorable Mention here... )

10) Chase, Chase, Chase.... Send the CoC packing my friend.

Honestly what I want to see out of the second pre-seaon goes a little something like this:

1. CP in street clothes-the guy doesn't know how to turn down the volume and we don't need a repeat of two years ago

2. Something out of the offense at least a damn field goal

3. D. Hall getting a pick

4. Orakpo playing with his hand on the ground

5. Time to play with the returners-plenty of film on Cartwright and Randle El

6. No injuries

7. Quicker decision making out of Campbell

8. MK and DT making plays

9. Can Bett(i)s really be a sufficient back up

10. O-line giving qbs time to throw

1. No injuries

2. The first team offense play more than 3 series.

3. Orakpo, Jarmon

4. Stretch the field for god's sake

5. The D backs play less than 20 yards off a reciever, i mean seriously no wonder we gave up all those yards.

6. Tryon, keep tryin

7. Malcolm Kelly

8. Devin Thomas

9. The defense make some plays, int's, fumble recoveries, sacks, something

10. A WIN.

1-BMW with more time

2-Rhino with more time

3-Dixon playing against better talent

4-DT making something happen

5-No Portis again

6-Rak more at OLB so he can improve.

7-Wilson more at OLB so he can improve

8-Tryon/Barnes playing more physical in the slot

9-Heyer starting at LT

10-Davis with more focus

The only thing I want to see is more fire and intensity. I don't care if the game ends up as 35-0 and JC throws 5 INTs. I don't think those things matter in preseason. The only thing I want to see at this time is guys putting all their effort out there. We see a lot of times how statistical performance and the numbers do not translate into the regular season (see: the 2008 Lions preseason; the Pats' and Colts' routinely mediocre preseasons), but the intensity and desire do translate.

The other night, I thought the intensity for most of the team was lacking, the guys seemed to forget so much of what we know they know and there was just a dullness overall. Today, based on some of the reports it seems the game was a wake-up call and the tempo and intensity is up (there apparently was even a fight), but we'll see what happens on Saturday.

this team has taken on the personality of Zorn , very passive. Zorn looks at a football game like a chess match not a battle until we get some real football people in this organization from top to bottom continue to look for HIGH SCHOOL quality football teams

I still want to see the Back-ups and the Rookies play more than the Vets.

I know what the Vets will do but it's the other guys we need to view in order to see where we are on the depth chart.

A loss to the Steelers (even if it's 35-0) doesnt bother me.

Now knowing the depth of our team does.

1. Our actual first string offense for one series (if everyone is healthy). I mean Randy Thomas, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss.

2. Some deep passes

3. Albert Haynesworth DT, Brain Orakpo DE plays

4. Tryon and Barnes getting back in there.

5. Anthony Alridge

6. More work from Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly

1. No Injuries

2. Jeremy Bridges

3. Touchdowns

4. Albert Haynesworth

5. Osackpo

6. More work by the two young receivers

7. Better secondary work especially by the young bucks Tryon and Barnes

8. Some long field goal attempts to see how they are doing

9. Points

10. No Injuries again

Campbell get lost on the way to the stadium.

Your back. Come on Lavar whats the scoop ?? Are the players having a hard time buying into JZ way of doing things ?? We know the players want JC to go down field by what Cooley said, So come on cough up something. I have a feeling the two big stories are JZ and JZ, am I right, Feel free to make something up, Goes on a lot around here. LOL

1. No injuries

2. Improvement in the 1st and 2nd string' run-blocking and running game (I'd love to see a breakaway run!)

3. Improvement in the pass-protection versus the inevitable Steeler blitzes.

4. Getting a sack or two with our 4 man front

5. Our front seven causing a few turnovers

6. Giving Brennan a chance with the first/second string packages vs. the first/second string defenses. I'd like to watch what he'd do if given the same tools as Collins and Campbell)

7. Better blocking from Cooley and Davis; no more rookie mistakes from Davis who needs to understand what an NFL Tight End does.

8. Dramatic improvement from the backup CBs. (Tryon, Barnes)

9. Improvement in the quality of our depth at linebacker: who's the next Pierce, Khary Campbell, etc.? (Sorry, but we still seem a little thin here, especially if there was an injury to one of the current starters.)

10. Some kind of Spark from our Kick Return unit -- Cartwright is steady, but no kind of breakaway threat.

Extras:

11. Reliable 4th & inches line-plunges

12. Decent Redzone play, especially during crunch time

13. Improved third down conversions through the air -- WRs to make sure they have the first down yardage when they make their cut.

14. Some running back (Betts?) to get 'hot' and help share running duties with Portis. (Portis needs the competition to keep his intensity focused.)

15. A Redskin 'victory' so folks will lay off of bashing Zorn for a week.

I might take a lot of flak for this one, but I actually would like to see the starters play MORE. Is it me...or does it seem like it takes us a game or two in the regular season to get into our offensive flow??? Remember how bad we looked against the Giants last year..and then in the 2nd half of the Saints game how good we looked?

Like others have said, our team looks wayyyyyy too passive. Let's put them out there, see what they can do. I hope to see the first team for the entire 1st quarter and the first drive of the 2nd quarter. Then against the Pats, I'd like to see the starters go the first half..and come out the first drive of the 2nd half.

I realize we dont show much in pre-season, limited motion, mis-direction, etc, but maybe its time to send a message to the guys that hey, lets get going....

Archived