Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Whats the word on this guy? I heard his name quite a bit in the comming days of free agency and he is still without a team. I think he was a decent player for the packers and I feel like his name should be on the list with Runyan and Levi Jones.

Any takers?:helmet:

He's in his early 30s and injury prone...we're good;)

Brennan's best play of last year’s preseason was a game winning-pass to Tight End Jason Goode to beat Indy in the Hall of Fame Game. Jason Goode only caught 39 passes in his football career. AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND! IN THREE YEARS! Jason Goode is currently out of football at age 24.

I wouldn't use that example to knock Colt Brennan. In fact, it speaks to his ability.

My only stance is that Jason Campbell is not an NFL starting QB. I believe Collins has looked uninspiring since his run in 2006. But I always believe in an open QB competition... particularly when a position hasn't been clearly earned on merit (ie. production). And I think Collins earned that.... except Zorn gets hired and immediately announced Campbell as the starter without hesitation or variance.

I like to keep an open mind on every player... with the bottom line being production and progress. I'm not sure Colt is the answer.... because he really hasn't been given much of an opportunity. He may be better than Campbell or he may not. Even being better than Campbell may not be enough to cut it.

Campbell, OTOH, we've had more than sampler size to know what he's about. And to me, he's not adequate enough for my expectations of this team.

this is so lame and pointless...

i really could care less how good anyone looks in preseason.. i mean i care, but ive seen campbell hit someone in stride on a deep ball. its not like he cant do it.

shouldnt we be like... wow, kelly really is fast. he torched their secondary, we have it on film.... when the games count, we know something when the lights were on

i mean, isnt preseason just evaluating?

wtf?

Your friend just rehashed old tired arguments against Brennan. There is NOTHING new in that post, and he's a clod for presuming to KNOW that Brennan won't make it in the NFL. He's no better than anybody who claims they KNOW Brennan will make it as an NFL quarterback.

Malcolm Kelly said that they didn't practice the route together all week. Why the hell Zorn didn't even give them 1 rep together is beyond me....unless he just wanted to see how 'close' Campbell was in running a play "cold" to simulate an in-game injury situation or whatever...

Ive come to the conclusion that Zorn is a dumb ass. He doesn't go for it on 4th down with are starters in the game from the 2 yd line. I guess he thinks a field goal from extra point territory is better.:doh: On top of that he runs the ball a hell of a lot more with the starting team than what was needed. We need to work on our passing game and we all know that. Well I guess Zorn doesn't get that he thinks our running game needs more work. Zorn in my opinion is a jackass, preseason is practice and he doesn't act like it.

3840 posts since Sept of 2007, Wow that means and avg of 168 posts a month, 5.6 posts a day or 1 post every 4.3 hrs.

"1. Don't use this just to raise your post count. I know there are some out there who seem to think that a higher post count is like some kind of award. It's not."

yo dude, leave my Toe Jam alone!

Tailgaters got each others backs :)

Jeff Bostic is the only Skin with my birthday (Sept. 18)
your band sounds really good dude! Edited by skinfan13

Your friend just rehashed old tired arguments against Brennan. There is NOTHING new in that post, and he's a clod for presuming to KNOW that Brennan won't make it in the NFL. He's no better than anybody who claims they KNOW Brennan will make it as an NFL quarterback.
This is about the most sensible thing said in this thread. :applause: Edited by Redskins:Victory_or_Death

I dont care if he makes it in this league or not, but i find his attitude to be a little arrogant and obnoxious.. i dont have a good feeling about him at all for some reason, and if anyone thinks hes a good QB from playing 2-4 preseason games against other teams SCRUBS/Backups.. you dont know what you are talking about.

Daniels in limited action though is another story, but then again its been against scrubs/backups as well, but I like his mechanics much better overall from what I've seen of the both of them at this point.

I'm not saying that Colt or Chase will be the next QB of the future in Washington, I myself would like to see if one of them could be the starter this year rather then sit through another year of Campbell. Look what he has done in preseason so far this year looks like trying to get another QB was the right move. His play sucks!

One thing that sucks is Zorn came in and named Campbell the starter right away just because he was here and he is trying to make it work and it's not. Another thing that is stupid to me is lets let the young guy sit on the bench and learn from watching, when what he needs is to play with the first team offense against the first team defense to see if he has what it takes to play in the league, only so much you can learn watching.

Yeah its kind of embarassing that so many of our fans are banking on a 6th round pick.

Please JC.......please start stepping up. This franchise is doomed if he doesnt.....and every game that goes by it looks more and more like he wont.

Can you rebuild the offensive line, and draft a top QB in the same offeseason?

Exacto mundo! My opinion is worth just as much as those that hate Colt. The only thing that matters is what Colt does and so far these 2 preseason games he kinda went backwards. Confidence and talking is only good if you can back it up and so far he hasn't. And again people bring up the sugar bowl. Its past! So is everything else he did in college. Whats important is what he does now.

BTW--- Colt has already made it to the NFL. Timmy Chang never did and he wasn't close to being what Colt is.

Great post Kevin. Couldn't agree with you more! People who say that "Oh Colt tore it up last year and he is a gunslinger!" Well, you are absolutely, 1000% correct! He was playing against guys who are no longer in the league and the guy he threw the ball to is no longer in the league. I am not saying he is the worst player ever, but to say that he should be the starter is outrageous. He is still undisciplined and he made some bad decisions. Yet, I am sure that the Cult of Colt people don't want to hear that. They will try and excuse it away just the way I would try to explain Jason Campbell's 1-7 night on Sat.

Basically, what I am saying is that when your guy is isn't doing well and all the focus is now on you and you have no one else to blame it sucks having to defend bad plays. It isn't all one player. Colt made a bad decision, but Thomas could have been better at coming back for the ball. Colt will bounce back, but it is ludicrous to think that he has the ability at this point to be the starter. He is our third string at best right now and could be on the practice squad if Daniels out plays him.

I also agree that if Colt were to become the starter, I will root for him and hope that he does well and takes us all the way to the Super Bowl. He has done nothing, IMO, to deserve any hatred. I think that he has the right attitude about playing, I just question his decisions on the field and who his competition has been when he looked like the preseason all-star that many have made him out to be.

Edited by mcarey032