Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Wow. I'm not a Colt supporter, but there was no logic in that "blog." All it said was that the reasons Colt fans think he is great don't carry any weight. Yet, there is no counter argument with weight at all....the counter argument is "he'll never be any good" with nothing to back it up, except mention of Hawaii's performance in a bowl game. At least the Cult people have some information to base their support on.

The irony is that the idea of Colt as a pro NFL QB is the real laughing matter.

The thing is, that isn't a huge problem as far as I'm concerned.

He was drafted with the mindset that he's got moxy and he's experienced success. He's coming from a system that requires accuracy more than power, and into a system that requires accuracy.

He should not be a starting QB by now, and he's not. And that's perfectly fine, because he's a project QB. As of now, he makes a fine emergency QB. Perhaps in time he'll develop and legimitely challenge for the crown. That's the plan. But that plan isn't for right now.

So, basically, his argument is that Colt isn't NFL material because he threw for a lot of yards at Hawaii.

Something in the water, I guess.

Good thread. Glad I read it. Really brought some fresh insight to the table...

::cough::

Edited by Spear

I wouldn't use that example to knock Colt Brennan. In fact, it speaks to his ability.

My only stance is that Jason Campbell is not an NFL starting QB. I believe Collins has looked uninspiring since his run in 2006. But I always believe in an open QB competition... particularly when a position hasn't been clearly earned on merit (ie. production). And I think Collins earned that.... except Zorn gets hired and immediately announced Campbell as the starter without hesitation or variance.

I like to keep an open mind on every player... with the bottom line being production and progress. I'm not sure Colt is the answer.... because he really hasn't been given much of an opportunity. He may be better than Campbell or he may not. Even being better than Campbell may not be enough to cut it.

Campbell, OTOH, we've had more than sampler size to know what he's about. And to me, he's not adequate enough for my expectations of this team.

This is easily my favorite post in this entire thread.

Clear, to the point, and as fair minded on the topic as possible while stating an actual opinion on it.

Even if everybody disagreed with each other, discussions around here would be a million times better with more posts like this.

And now I'm done with my hippy ES day dreaming.

Now that Colt isn't playing well, the Cult thinks everyone should switch their focus to the starters, rather than talk about Colt. When last year when he was doing well, they had more than enough guts to talk their mouth off about him.

Not all fans are cowards. ;)

Back to the friend: Maybe he should come to ES and read The Cult of Colt where we have exhausted his unintellectual ranting of Timmy Chang. Where we have showed and broke down the last pre-season as well. If you are a true friend then you should enlighten him that if one is more educated then one can make more informed opinions.

Edited by zskins

It boggles my mind that people can preach endless patience for Campbell in one sentence, then dismiss Brennan in the next as if the book has already been written. :confused:

The ones that are tooting this horn are JC supporters and this is their veiled attempt to attack the CB supporters.

Simple as that my friend.

:logo:

I find it humorous that some of the people who have already seen enough of Colt in the preseason to know what he has or hasn't got , when he hasn't been given one chance to start with the 1st string, are the same people who think JC needs more time after 36 starts and the worst QB showing on our team for the fourth year in a row in the preseason. Talk about hypocrisy.

Now, I've never said Colt was going to be a great QB, only that I think he deserves a chance to show us what he has. JC has had too many chances and has cost this team valuable time with his mediocre play. JC will not be here next year. We need to see what we have on our roster already, before we spend our first pick on another QB next year instead of an o-lineman. That goes for Colt and Chase.

Wha...? Self-contradict much?

I said "but then again its been against scrubs/backups as well" right after that, so yes, and no. Daniels has better mechanics, Brennan's semi side armed release looks like hes doing a shot put on the track team

Edited by DButz65

Whens the season start? Cant wait!! I found out that my lil 9 yr old nephew cries when the skins lose. Great story, when the Rams beat us last year, he cried all of Sunday. My brother said he kept asking "why didnt they get a stop?!?" lol!!

Bottom line is that this is the perfect year for JC to prove himself. We have nothing to lose in staying with him (at least for the start of the year) to see what he can do in live, real game situations with his job on the line. If he performs like we hope, we try to resign him...if not, he is gone and we restart with next years 1st rounder (McCoy, Bradford, Snead, guy from Central mich) Watching JC, Colt, Collins, and Daniels I can honestly say that JC and/or Collins are the only ones I trust on the field this season to have a chance to be successful

Your friend just rehashed old tired arguments against Brennan. There is NOTHING new in that post, and he's a clod for presuming to KNOW that Brennan won't make it in the NFL. He's no better than anybody who claims they KNOW Brennan will make it as an NFL quarterback.

Agree 100%. Nothing that hasn't already been said 1,000 times.

If you're gonna say it for the 1,001st time at least make it somewhat classy.

"It"

"Moxy"

Preseason TD's agiainst a couple of DB's.........errr UPS, FedEx drivers

What do Jason Campbell's 4 years of preseason stats against UPS drivers look like? I'm sure they're MUCH better than Brennan's right? They must be since Campbell is an NFL starter and Colt is garbage...