Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

The Eagles were a solid well run organization before Kelly though. They ran out of gas at the end of the Reid tenure, but they always drafted and developed well. There was a lot more of a talent base to work with. But above all else, they hit the jackpot in the lottery that is finding a franchise QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The Eagles were a solid well run organization before Kelly though. They ran out of gas at the end of the Reid tenure, but they always drafted and developed well. There was a lot more of a talent base to work with. But above all else, they hit the jackpot in the lottery that is finding a franchise QB.

But they threw every resource at it until they fixed it.  They signed Bradford, Chase Daniel, traded a bunch of picks for Wentz...  it wasn’t like they just tried one thing, they kept going after it untOk they got a solution.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But they threw every resource at it until they fixed it.  They signed Bradford, Chase Daniel, traded a bunch of picks for Wentz...  it wasn’t like they just tried one thing, they kept going after it untOk they got a solution.

And we have one. 

Just one, but let's build on it and not throw everything down the drain. 

AGAIN. :1386:

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't really put getting Chase Daniel in that same list. He's just a guy. They traded up for Wentz when they realized Bradford wasn't gonna be the guy.

Where they really also lucked out is that they managed to recoup a 1st by trading Bradford away.

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seeing videos of Eagles fans living up to their rep chucking full beers at Vikings fans walking in.

And this is exactly why I will boycott watching the Superbowl if the Eagles make it I will have nothing whatsoever to do with the Super Bowl this year if it is the filthadelphia Finkle matters and New England ****riots..

Sure is depressing how quickly the Eagles organization diagnosed the problem, cut out, and recovered from the Chip Kelly regime. Guy tore apart the roster, changed everything, spent 3 years installing his system...here they are going to a SB (probably) a couple years later after reorganizing the FO and getting things back on track.

Disgusting how quickly they hit rock bottom, self-diagnosed, and recovered post-Reid/McNabb. There's a lesson there.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Disgusting how quickly they hit rock bottom, self-diagnosed, and recovered post-Reid/McNabb. There's a lesson there.

A lesson this org will never ever learn.

Dan has been around long enough and seen enough winning going on around him.  If he can't put two and two together by now, it's never going to happen.

The Eagles going to the Super Bowl does put the Redskins' woes clearly into focus.

Now every team in the NFC East has been to the Super Bowl a minimum of two times since the Redskins last went to the big game:

Redskins: last Super Bowl appearance- 1992

Cowboys: 1993, 1994, 1996

Giants: 2008, 2012

Eagles: 2004, 2018

I'm making myself sad. :( 

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Anyone who dislikes the Patriots enough to actually root for the Eagles to win a SB has their priorities seriously out of whack. 

Or has lived in Massachusetts their entire life. 

You have absolutely no idea what I have to endure on a daily basis. 

Walk a mile in  my shoes my friend.