Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Dixon DT

Koolblue13

Monty is a classic needs to be motivated player, do you know what those players do when things get tough...... they friggin quit. dump the quitter keep this kid. he has the size, has the talent, and has been through far worse than anything you will see in a NFL season AND OVERCAME. to me this is incredibly simple, you cant change a weak will, you can only mask it.

Monty is a classic needs to be motivated player, do you know what those players do when things get tough...... they friggin quit. dump the quitter keep this kid. he has the size, has the talent, and has been through far worse than anything you will see in a NFL season AND OVERCAME. to me this is incredibly simple, you cant change a weak will, you can only mask it.

Agreed. Montgomery is a consistent underperformer. I think that if 2010 is capped, we resign Golston and let Monty go. I'm not sure if Dixon is the best replacement for Monty though. I think that Monty plays like a NT in our D. Based on the limited evaluation of one game, Dixon seems more like a 3 technique to me, someone to develop behind Golston.

every time I see a bright light like this in preseason I always remember Frank Wycheck tearing up the preseason for the Skins as a UDFA... so we cut him.

Good news though he never amounted to anything:doh:

I'm pretty sure we kept Wycheck around for two or three years... and he was a 6th round pick. Message is the same none the less.

I agree with a lot of what is being said here. If Dixon continues to impress, Monty may be in trouble, and rightfully so.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php

He was a 3rd round talent but suffered a knee injury. Dixon went undrafted. The guy could be a steal. So, the fans knock the Scouting department? Well, they are full of ****. Most fans don't understand what UDFA means. It doesn't mean they aren't any good. Some players have suffered an injury that hurt their draft stock, in the case of Dixon. Others did something stupid off the field.

From what I saw Thursday night, he is a keeper. Keep doing it, Dixon.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php

He was a 3rd round talent but suffered a knee injury. Dixon went undrafted. The guy could be a steal. So, the fans knock the Scouting department? Well, they are full of ****. Most fans don't understand what UDFA means. It doesn't mean they aren't any good. Some players have suffered an injury that hurt their draft stock, in the case of Dixon. Others did something stupid off the field.

From what I saw Thursday night, he is a keeper. Keep doing it, Dixon.

We've done pretty well in the late to non rounds of the draft on defense lately. Supplemental also.

Horton, Moore, Monty, Blades, Reed now hopefully Dixon.

Exactly. I'd like to see him play beside Haynesworth, but knowing how we do things, it'd never happen. If it did, it'd take a lot longer than it should.

Yeah, cause our coaches (who see much, much more than we do) just hate to win football games.:doh:

Yeah, cause our coaches (who see much, much more than we do) just hate to win football games.:doh:

I would rather see Jarmon before Dixon with the first team right now. Dixon is not going to supplant Griff, but it would still be nice to see what he could do with Haynesworth.

I would rather see Jarmon before Dixon with the first team right now. Dixon is not going to supplant Griff, but it would still be nice to see what he could do with Haynesworth.

I would love to see a line of Jarmon, Dixon, Rak and Alexander going against somebody elses starting O Line myself.

The only way we see Al and Dixon on the same line is if he makes the team.

Jesus, we really need to calm down. Look, I like the guy's story, and he's easy to root for, but it's been one preseason game? Did I actually see someone call him the next Haynesworth already? Boy, this season just can't get started fast enough.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm starting to agree about Montgomery. That guy is just not putting in the effort, or getting the results he should be for a man his size.

Jesus, we really need to calm down. Look, I like the guy's story, and he's easy to root for, but it's been one preseason game? Did I actually see someone call him the next Haynesworth already? Boy, this season just can't get started fast enough.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm starting to agree about Montgomery. That guy is just not putting in the effort, or getting the results he should be for a man his size.

Nobody should be calling Dixon the next Haynesworth, but if Dixon plays with the same intensity throughout the preseason, somebody will lose their job.

Hey, he is no Mix or Super Reed, but it's fun.:D

Archived