Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Dixon DT

Koolblue13

This may seem rediculous to some of you, but if this guy used to play OL in high school, could he perhaps put Lorenzo Alexander's spot in jeopardy? Maybe his versatility kicks Chris Wilson to the curb?

I know, I know, first preseason game and playing against backups and all, but it's fun to speculate sometimes.

I mean, there's no reason he couldn't make the team over 1 of Monty/Golston/Alexander.

Alexander I believe made this team simply by the 1 play where he hustled with his helmet off. It made an impression, and since then he's stuck around and developed into a good player.

A strong preseason showing can do a lot for you, Lorenzo is a great example. Preseason isn't meaningless in that way.

If he keeps playing like he did last night, I can't see how he wont. Especially with Oher owning Wynn like he was named Kunta Kinte.

:wtf:

Dixon played well and he should be exactly the type of guy we put into a regular rotation.

I wonder what happened to Monty. He looked ready to make a move a couple of years ago, but it seems like Golston has taken his spot again.

Very astute to suggest converting Antonio Dixon to an offensive lineman.

That is the kind of out of the box thinking we need.

Here is a player with fire and heart, and yes, he is going to have a fine NFL career - all too likely with another team.

Make this man an offensive lineman - we couldn't be in more need of a player with his energy and ability than at that position.

Jimmy Z was praising him in todays press conference as well. Great run stuffer. I counted at least 3 for a loss or no gain.

Wasn't Dixon the one who Zorn said wouldn't be able to play a whole game because he was so gassed? I guess a guy could always up his level of conditioning, but if someone is so tired from playing 3rd stringers for a quarter, I'm not sure that's someone we should sign.

Wasn't Dixon the one who Zorn said wouldn't be able to play a whole game because he was so gassed? I guess a guy could always up his level of conditioning, but if someone is so tired from playing 3rd stringers for a quarter, I'm not sure that's someone we should sign.

We wouldn't be asking him to play the entire game anyways. He'd be the 4th or 5th DT to rotate in anyways behind Haynesworth, Griffin, Golston, and Montgomery.

We'll see how he does the remaining preseason game. I'll definitely have my eye on him.

This guy has great size, somebody mentioned his nasty temperment. I have no idea, but my question is this:

where was this guy in college? He didn't seem to do anything in Miami. He had 2.5 sacks in his whole career there and didn't stand out. Did he just suddenly figure out how to play football after signing as a free agent with the Skins? I mean there are are guys who learn to play after being free agents but sometimes it takes a couple of years. This guy played pretty good football on Thursday and you figure if he played like that in college he would have been drafted. WHAT HAPPENED? Any answers or theories?

Against back ups though. He did his job though and well.

Isn't he a backup? i expext you to dominate them! for example if we played BIG AL against some third stringers what would you expect him to do?Dominate!the same with him if you are playing against back ups you should dominate,if you are a true starter...THE only thing a MAN can ask for in this world is opportunity...intill he gets a chance the unkown will always be a mystery:(

This guy has great size, somebody mentioned his nasty temperment. I have no idea, but my question is this:

where was this guy in college? He didn't seem to do anything in Miami. He had 2.5 sacks in his whole career there and didn't stand out. Did he just suddenly figure out how to play football after signing as a free agent with the Skins? I mean there are are guys who learn to play after being free agents but sometimes it takes a couple of years. This guy played pretty good football on Thursday and you figure if he played like that in college he would have been drafted. WHAT HAPPENED? Any answers or theories?

college game and pro game are two different things...who cares about how good someone is in college?we only care about.. how well you do at the pro level!

Archived