Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Dixon DT

Koolblue13

college game and pro game are two different things...who cares about how good someone is in college?we only care about.. how well you do at the pro level!

He's not a WR. His job is to get around other fat guys and tackle the ball carrier. If anything the NFL has bigger, fatter, and even stringer players.

There are a ton of players who get by on size or speed in college, and either work on their positional skills in the Pros or fail miserably. Mayb this is a case of a guy who depended on his size but now is finally putting forth effort.

];6639859']

There are a ton of players who get by on size or speed in college' date=' and either work on their positional skills in the Pros or fail miserably. Mayb this is a case of a guy who depended on his size but now is finally putting forth effort.[/quote']

Yeah funny what a check dangled in front of you will do. Hopefully he continues to shine with better competition. Dude probably saw Haynesworth's check and said - Imma Get me some of that!

He could also contribute on ST's, particularly if he has played OL in the past. I could envision a scenario where we would keep RAC and Wilson as LB's then Grif, AL, Monty, Golston, and Alexander and then Daniels, Carter, and Jarmon. He would really need to flash to make it ahead of Buzbee, Jackson, and Wynn and be able to play ST's immediately.

I watched him play at Miami . . . and from a pure physical standpoint, he reminds me of former Cane and current beast for the Pats Vince Wilfork.

He really played well against Baltimore . . . and I don't see why he will not continue his pace and progression throughout the rest of the preseason games.

It does get a bit iffy though when it comes to making the roster, just because of the fact that we have a number of defensive tackles already (Big Al, Griff, Monty, Golston, and Lorenzo). And unfortunately, I don't think a guy like Dixon would stay on the practice squad if we placed him there . . .

So essentially he will be battling with Lorenzo to be that possible 5th D-Tackle. Should definitely be interesting.

Campbell

Collins

Brennan

Portis

Betts

Cartwright

Sellers

Moss

Thomas

Kelly

El

Hackett

Cooley

Davis

Yoder

Samuels

Heyer

BMW

Bridges

R.Thomas

Dockery

Rinehart

Rabach

X

Daniels

Carter

Jarmon

Alexander

Haynesworth

Griff

Monty

Golston

*Dixon*

Wilson

Orakpo

McIntosh

Fletcher

Blades

Fincher

Glenn

Henson

Rogers

Hall

Smoot

Barnes

X

Landry

Moore

Horton

Doughty

Albright

Suisham

Smith

There's a situation I came up with off the top of my head where Dixon makes the final roster without any out of the ordinary cuts to make room for him.

Do any of you think I left out someone who would obviously make the roster over Dixon, assuming he plays well? The most noticable to me is a 4th RB but they've yet to show anything.

And of course this is all meaningless if Dixon doesn't continue to make plays in the rest of the preseason games. But I have a feeling he will.

EDIT: I forgot Sellers in the original list. So to make room for Dixon, I had to get rid of Wynn. I think it comes down to Wynn vs Dixon vs Henson vs Glenn vs 4th RB.

I like your depth chart xero21. Alridge and Dorsey haven't shown that they belong on a roster yet. We can stash Rob Jackson on the practice squad. Ditto Keith Eloi and Marko Mitchell. A 5th DT has more opportunity to play and contribute than a 5th DE, a 6th WR, or the last O-lineman on the roster.

You may as well add in Will Montgomery to your Oline and Tryon to your CB list. Montgomery needs to be on the active roster as we have to have a backup center and he has shown well. Tryon might have us all worried, but apparently has looked great in practice. He will make the roster.

He's from The U and understands the rep he needs to keep up. Plus he has some fellow alumnus on the team who won't let him tarnish that legacy. I hope this kid makes our roster because he will go somewhere else and have a great career if we don't.

Campbell

Collins

Brennan

Portis

Betts

Cartwright

Sellers

Moss

Thomas

Kelly

El

Hackett

Cooley

Davis

Yoder

Samuels

Heyer

BMW

Bridges

R.Thomas

Dockery

Rinehart

Rabach

X

Daniels

Carter

Jarmon

Alexander

Haynesworth

Griff

Monty

Golston

*Dixon*

Wilson

Orakpo

McIntosh

Fletcher

Blades

Fincher

Glenn

Henson

Rogers

Hall

Smoot

Barnes

X

Landry

Moore

Horton

Doughty

Albright

Suisham

Smith

There's a situation I came up with off the top of my head where Dixon makes the final roster without any out of the ordinary cuts to make room for him.

Do any of you think I left out someone who would obviously make the roster over Dixon, assuming he plays well? The most noticable to me is a 4th RB but they've yet to show anything.

And of course this is all meaningless if Dixon doesn't continue to make plays in the rest of the preseason games. But I have a feeling he will.

EDIT: I forgot Sellers in the original list. So to make room for Dixon, I had to get rid of Wynn. I think it comes down to Wynn vs Dixon vs Henson vs Glenn vs 4th RB.

I think they keep 5 CB's including Tryon. I am not sure they carry 3 TE's or Alexanders job could be in jepordy particularly if Dixon can play on ST' right away. I would like to see Tryon continue his development and Yoder is definitely expendable

heres what I don't understnad.

The guys stats from college say that he had 8.5 tackles for losses in his 4 years.

Then he had 4 tackles for losses in his first pro game. How does that happen?

A combination of injury and lack of opportunity in college and then a significant opportunity in the NFL.

Archived