Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

106.7 The Fan Zone (new cash parking lot).

smer

If Obamacare passes - Do YOU believe there will be Death Panels?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. If Obamacare passes - Do YOU believe there will be Death Panels?

Any park in the New Fan Zone parking Lot last night? I just checked their website and they said they were sold out of season passes. I'm trying to see if anyone used cash to get into the lot last night. I parked in Green last night, but would rather park into this lot.

Matt

The FanZone is no more. This parking lot in now Redskins Parking, to be called the Copper lot. Those that bought the season pass to the FanZone (like me :doh:) will receive a Copper parking pass from the TO. Copper will be like Grey. It was a cluster **** last night getting in. They took my pass, and I had to give them my contact information. If I do not receive my new Copper pass by Wednesday, I will be living at the TO on Thursday and Friday.

My brother parked there last night $25 .Does anyone have any other info on this lot. Will we be able to park during the season or is it sold out? Is it now owned by the Skins?

This all seemed to happen rather fast if it is going to be a copper lot.

Additional Parking Information

Cash parking is available for preseason games at the Copper Lot, located on Brightseat Road (entrance is off Route 202/Landover Road). Check back in early September for availability of game day cash parking for the regular season.

Source: http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Parking_1620.jsp

Additional Parking Information

Cash parking is available for preseason games at the Copper Lot, located on Brightseat Road (entrance is off Route 202/Landover Road). Check back in early September for availability of game day cash parking for the regular season.

Source: http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Parking_1620.jsp

Thanks for the information. I would have never thought to check there. I think I'm going to try and contact the ticket office tomorrow.

Matt

Thanks to Popeman and Robskins for the info in this thread.

If it's being called the Copper Lot, I assume it will be a situation where in the near future you have to buy the whole season and there will be no more single game cash parking.

This used to be the best kept parking secret near the stadium. Now not so much.

Anybody find any good cash parking? Any dope on the former red lots?

As I've stated before, there is a car dealership that was advertising $25 parking and tailgating at the corner of Brightseat Rd. and Landover Rd.

Yea Mark we saw that. While waiting on Redskins Road, we were talking about that sign. I thought it was for the dealership, but someone else said they thought it was for the old tailgate field parking. Whats your thoughts Mark on that's now the copper lot??? When did that happen? BTW, good to see you on Redskins Road Saturday. Hope you liked the burger (I know its no where as good a Sunshine burger...lol) Looking forward to hanging out with you on Redskins Rd this year...

I e-mailed the to and they said as of now they have no knowledge of a copper lot at that location. Go figure

It was probably an unpaid intern just 22 years old and two months out of college.

Whenever I need real answers from the TO I have to sit through a few holds and transfer. :silly:

I e-mailed the to and they said as of now they have no knowledge of a copper lot at that location. Go figure

Pfft. Ridiculous. Nobody knows whats going on. So far within about two weeks we had 106.7 announce the "fan zone" and did a shoddy job of promoting it. They either dropped their prices by $100 within a week or offered a discounted full year rate which they did not originally do. No clue. Now Snyder has appeared to buy/lease it and turned it in to the Copper lot - yet, this info hasnt been distributed down through the organization. Again, we still have no idea if there will be cash parking besides some dude's front lawn. Copper lot? Anyone else confused?

Respond to there offer LOL, these guys cant keep the same format for 3 months without a total overhaul. Wouldnt be shocked if by week 10 the owners of that feild are suing for back rent. Save $78.00 dollars hmmm thats ,9 beers at the stadium you've sold me.

I talked to the TO this morning at 9:30. The Skins bought the lot on Friday sometime. Preseason game 2 will be available for cash parking. Once the Regular season starts, it will be a Permit Lot known as the Copper Lot. Permits will be tied to season tickets, 1 permit per 2 tickets. For those that purchased a season pass for the FanZone, your money will be transferred to the Skins and you will receive a Copper Pass regardless of your ticket situation.

Glad to know they made up their minds. Its not like a football season is starting or anything. :doh:

Snyder swats away another semi-competitor. So no cash lots, period.

Yea Mark we saw that. While waiting on Redskins Road, we were talking about that sign. I thought it was for the dealership, but someone else said they thought it was for the old tailgate field parking. Whats your thoughts Mark
Funny you should ask. I just happened to roll by there about 1 PM today. And I figured I might as well stop and find out what the story is.

As you turn from Landover Rd. onto Brightseat Rd, there is one driveway serving two small dealerships. The one on the right is the guy that's selling the tailgate spots. It's $25 cash. You can hot-tailgate. He can fit about 200 vehicles. He is open well before the team lots open. He said he was filled up by about 8 PM Sat night. It'll fill up much quicker when word gets out, obviously.

Haha, that's funny.

Will that start with the regular season games? I parked there Sat. nite and it was $25.

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. The lady said it would be cash lot for preseason, but wasn't sure about regular season. She said they didn't know a whole lot about the lot, that everything just happened. She said to call back in a week or so.

Also, Thanks Mark for checking that lot out for us. I think it would be hard getting out on to Brightseat Rd after the game.

Matt

Archived