Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo vs Lawrence Taylor

BIGOLEBOB

Taylor made his NFL exhibition debut on August 8, 1981, recording 2 sacks in the Giants 23–7 win over the Chicago Bears.

for those of you who are waiting to see if this guy is the next LT then here is the benchmark for rookie linebackers in their first preseason game. whether you are following Orakpo or Jarmon that opening statement by Taylor in 1981 gave everybody a clue to what was coming. so don't think that preseaons games, or "exhibition games" don't mean anything to some people. because sometimes those games are telltale signs of what can happen in a career.

Just sayin'.

dude you have no clue

you are posting a meaningless score about 4 quarters of 2 teams with lots of scrubs playing scrubs and we are here on this thread talking about individual performances related to first team players against first team players. wake up and try to follow the program.

dude you have no clue

you are posting a meaningless score about 4 quarters of 2 teams with lots of scrubs playing scrubs and we are here on this thread talking about individual performances related to first team players against first team players. wake up and try to follow the program.

:hysterical::hysterical:

You're the one who's trying to make something out of a preseason game. I'm sure Taylor isn't the only guy ever to have two sacks in a preseason game or put up a nice stat line...I'm merely pointing out how stupid it is to get hyped about anything pre-season related...remember how excited everyone was when Spurrier was here?

Yeah.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Orakpo get a sack tomorrow. I think he'll get a lot of work against 2nd stringers and he has been preforming well most of camp from what ive heard on here.

ya could be right but all i've heard is that Rak is the starting linebacker so he'll ditch out with the rest of the first team. besides there are 2 or 3 other guys who have to fight for the job of backup so no I really don't think you;ll see Orakpo playing deep into the 2nd quarter much less the second half. unless all i\we've heard is wrong, he will be done by the end of the first quarter. but like i said, you could be right. well see.

:hysterical::hysterical:

You're the one who's trying to make something out of a preseason game. I'm sure Taylor isn't the only guy ever to have two sacks in a preseason game or put up a nice stat line...I'm merely pointing out how stupid it is to get hyped about anything pre-season related...remember how excited everyone was when Spurrier was here?

Yeah.

if you believed the skins were gonna score 35 points per game because Spurrier had his first team throwing deep on every play waaaaaay back then in a preseason game, thats fine i'm sure you learned something from that but most of us were probalby aware that rookie head coaches TRY to score a bunch and win games with trick plays and lots of first teamers in preseason games, however,

once again get a clue. we are talking about an INDIVIDUAL here and nobody is going to allow Orakpo 2 sacks. Blache isn't going to be able to pull out a TRICK play to help Orakpo get sacks or tackles. once again, we are talking about mano e mano one on one performance. and YES you can tell a whole bunch and evaluate a person's performance in preseason.

nobody counts preseason wins or losses, duh. who cares. because scrubs play scrubs. but Orakpo is not a scrub and he's probalby not going to be playing against scrubs so watch and learn. tune in tomorrow and some of us will give you an evaluation of his play based on HIS performance and not an evaluation of Orakpo based on the Redskins scoring 35 points and winning or losing the game. Geeeeesh. this discussion is NOT algebra.

dude you have no clue

Huh?...That link goes to the stats for the first regular season game of 2002...it wasn't "scrubs playing scrubs", and it definitely wasn't "meaningless" lol.

Huh?...That link goes to the stats for the first regular season game of 2002...it wasn't "scrubs playing scrubs", and it definitely wasn't "meaningless" lol.

I am still trying t figure out what an entire teams performance or lack of it has to do with watching one single individual for effort, technique, drive, speed, and ability has to do with any team win or loss or any era.

huh. somebody explain this to me.:doh:

Taylor made his NFL exhibition debut on August 8, 1981, recording 2 sacks in the Giants 23–7 win over the Chicago Bears.

for those of you who are waiting to see if this guy is the next LT then here is the benchmark for rookie linebackers in their first preseason game. whether you are following Orakpo or Jarmon that opening statement by Taylor in 1981 gave everybody a clue to what was coming. so don't think that preseaons games, or "exhibition games" don't mean anything to some people. because sometimes those games are telltale signs of what can happen in a career.

Just sayin'.

facepalm1.gif12893-1.gif

if you believed the skins were gonna score 35 points per game because Spurrier had his first team throwing deep on every play waaaaaay back then in a preseason game, thats fine i'm sure you learned something from that but most of us were probalby aware that rookie head coaches TRY to score a bunch and win games with trick plays and lots of first teamers in preseason games, however,

once again get a clue. we are talking about an INDIVIDUAL here and nobody is going to allow Orakpo 2 sacks. Blache isn't going to be able to pull out a TRICK play to help Orakpo get sacks or tackles. once again, we are talking about mano e mano one on one performance. and YES you can tell a whole bunch and evaluate a person's performance in preseason.

nobody counts preseason wins or losses, duh. who cares. because scrubs play scrubs. but Orakpo is not a scrub and he's probalby not going to be playing against scrubs so watch and learn. tune in tomorrow and some of us will give you an evaluation of his play based on HIS performance and not an evaluation of Orakpo based on the Redskins scoring 35 points and winning or losing the game. Geeeeesh. this discussion is NOT algebra.

Was LT playing against first stringers when he recorded those two sacks?

Archived